PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars Forum But No WoW Forum?

Warhead
05-02-2005, 05:57 PM
I just noticed that a section had been set up for GuildWars, but there is no section for World of Warcraft. Was there a WoW forum before that simply didn't get used? Just curious, since WoW seems much more established.

He Is Legend
05-02-2005, 06:08 PM
cause us cool kids dont play wow!

we got guildwars!...nah im jk

I really dont know why :p

isnt there alot of people that play wow just as much as guild wars here on GM?

BobtheCkroach
05-02-2005, 06:08 PM
I just noticed that a section had been set up for GuildWars, but there is no section for World of Warcraft. Was there a WoW forum before that simply didn't get used? Just curious, since WoW seems much more established.

Guild Wars is better, that's why! :P :D ;) (better, Merk? :P )

I'm gonna hear it for that...

He Is Legend
05-02-2005, 06:09 PM
Guild Wars is better, that's why!

I'm gonna hear it for that...

You dammmmmmmn right >shaft narrator voice<

merkwannabe
05-02-2005, 06:14 PM
Sigh. Let's not divide Gamemecca up too intensely now. For every new section added, it just takes me that much longer to find and read interesting threads. We have a good post per member ratio, but you have to remember that we have A LOT of sections for a forum this size.

BobtheCkroach
05-02-2005, 06:22 PM
Sigh. Let's not divide Gamemecca up too intensely now. For every new section added, it just takes me that much longer to find and read interesting threads. We have a good post per member ratio, but you have to remember that we have A LOT of sections for a forum this size.

<hangs head>Sorry, merk. I was pretty much just joking. I should have added a :P to convey the lack of seriousness on my part. I will rectify that promptly.

FUS1ON
05-02-2005, 06:34 PM
Merk that's part of the problem here, people post whatever whereever (EDIT: Sometimes) they want to. At most forums the Mods close or move threads that are in the wrong places. GM is different than those 'other' forums and we have grown to accept that.

If GM has that many people that support WoW, then GM needs a Wow forum.

@War - You said "since WoW seems much more established". That may be ... for now since it's been out longer. I posted a link to this site a few days ago and GW was at 9.1 then and now it's at 9.0. It still early and it will come down some more. WoW is at 7.9 currently. Watch out because people hate to pay monthly fees and GW doesn't have them! :)

merkwannabe
05-02-2005, 06:52 PM
<hangs head>Sorry, merk. I was pretty much just joking. I should have added a :P to convey the lack of seriousness on my part. I will rectify that promptly.Oh, I was mainly posting in regards to Warhead. Lift your head back up this instant! :P [Plus, it appears my thoughts on this topic are a bit off the general consensus]

Merk that's part of the problem here, people post whatever whereever (EDIT: Sometimes) they want to. At most forums the Mods close or move threads that are in the wrong places. GM is different than those 'other' forums and we have grown to accept that.

If GM has that many people that support WoW, then GM needs a Wow forum.
I agree that if there's the audience, let's do it.. And I like order too, but sometime's I get frustrated having to check three sections just to see if there's a new post in the "merc-zone!" I mean, it makes sense, but when there's 15 clans and each one has 2 sections, it can become a fiasco for me..!

And then there's all the other sections and sub sections..

merkwannabe
05-02-2005, 07:03 PM
I just click the "New Posts" button up top and read them all :)Ya, I know that would be the intelligent way to solve this problem. :o

SALvation
05-02-2005, 07:19 PM
There is a clan forum for WoW here and that hasn't gotten a post in over a month, so I don't think there is enough interest for a general WoW forum.

Also, yes I know as we add more games and get bigger, the main forum page is getting more difficult to read. Know that I am looking into it and when I find a worthy fix for it I will clean it up.

Slice
05-02-2005, 08:48 PM
Oh, I was mainly posting in regards to Warhead. Lift your head back up this instant! :P [Plus, it appears my thoughts on this topic are a bit off the general consensus]

I agree that if there's the audience, let's do it.. And I like order too, but sometime's I get frustrated having to check three sections just to see if there's a new post in the "merc-zone!" I mean, it makes sense, but when there's 15 clans and each one has 2 sections, it can become a fiasco for me..!

And then there's all the other sections and sub sections..
Why do you feel you have to read everything on the forums? I typically just hide the clans section as it usually pertains to the clan. Once in a blue moon I will troll through and make fun of the Mercs.... :P

Warhead
05-02-2005, 08:52 PM
There is a clan forum for WoW here and that hasn't gotten a post in over a month, so I don't think there is enough interest for a general WoW forum.
Alright. I can understand the need to keep the site manageable. At the same time, though, I wouldn't be inclined to post in a WoW clan forum, since I don't belong to any clans here (I understand the site isn't meant to cater to outsiders). That's what's nice about having the Unreal Tournament forum. It's not clan-specific, so I can post there about the game. Having something similar for WoW would be nice. If there's not enough interest, well, there's just not enough interest. I thought I'd post that perspective though - not making it clan-specific makes it easier to post.

PJ'l_Master
05-03-2005, 03:10 AM
what about just an MMO section, that way we could have GW, WoW, and DAOC all in one area

merkwannabe
05-03-2005, 03:56 AM
Why do you feel you have to read everything on the forums? I typically just hide the clans section as it usually pertains to the clan. Once in a blue moon I will troll through and make fun of the Mercs.... :Plol.. I am Gamemecca's unofficial Admin. It's my duty!

Hehe.. Nah, but I just don't like sorting through the threads that are interesting and the ones that aren't. I find suprisingly interesting threads in sections I would normally consider boring,(ex: DAoC Section! :P), so I make it a point to navigate through as many threads as I can..

Come into the Merc section... I dare you! :devil:

:runs away: