PDA

View Full Version : Picture Rotater

Death Engineer
05-02-2005, 06:49 PM
So I did something really dumb....

If you haven't already, you should check out the PowerToys for XP on the microsoft website. One of the things there is an Image Resizer. It offers a handy feature for quickly rotating images. Just right-click any image and it gives options to rotate clockwise or counter-clockwise.

Now for the dumb part.....I was rotating one of my digital camera pictures and got the message in the attached form. I clicked the checkbox (don't show me this again) and then clicked no (DOH!). Now the rotate buttons do nothing because I can only assume that each time it does this check, it responds no and doesn't even show the form (great thinking M$).

Soooo....does anyone have a clue where they store the value for this form? It's gotta be buried in the registry somewhere.

Note that this also breaks the rotation abilities in the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer program. :bawling:

Caged Anger
05-02-2005, 09:07 PM
i would suggest uninstalling it, then putting it back in, making sure to fully delete the folder to rid yoruself of any configurations. Once you reinstall, it should have reset the value so it will be displayed again

Death Engineer
05-02-2005, 09:56 PM
Tried that. No dice. It's got to be in the registry somewhere.

Slice
05-02-2005, 10:52 PM
Maybe try this....

When you rotate an image, a message box prompts you to indicate whether you want to see the message each time you rotate and save an image. To disable the message, select the In the future, do not show me this dialog box check box. To reset the message so you are prompted again each time, press and hold CTRL, and then click the Close button.

Death Engineer
05-03-2005, 01:36 AM
Slice wins. I posted this only after I spent 4 days trying to figure out. Then going to another computer and actually reading the message. :P I just wanted to see how long it would take you geniuses to get it. ;)

Slice
05-03-2005, 01:37 AM
He he, figured it out in about 30 seconds. :P