PDA

View Full Version : Moving on

Grimmy
05-20-2005, 02:06 AM
Canceled my accounts today. Game play just isn't there anymore. The guild isn't what it used to be. Only group of OoD running is the 8 man, there isn't enough others ever on to form a group. With the people that I played with left for GW, and well GW isn't any fun solo, I won't be playing that either.

Maybe later this fall or if OoD picks back up, I'll reactivate, that is if I don't deside to sell my 3 accounts. If your interested in an account, let me know, will let em go cheap.

OZZYOGRE
05-20-2005, 09:46 AM
Good luck grim, hope you see ya around down the road

FUS1ON
05-20-2005, 02:43 PM
I'm going to miss you man.

I'm really sorry you decided to giveup on Guildwars too soon in my opinion. If you would've hung in there a little longer and done what you could because we are in a position to help you with whatever you need and sure could use you even with your gametime hours. :(

OZZYOGRE
05-20-2005, 05:18 PM
I haven't grouped with live players yet, just in PvP. I always used henchmen and did fine, and learned a few tricks on how to do the harder quest. Just went to YAKS bend where you get six level 8 henchmen and go back and do all the quest where you only get 3 level 6 ones. Just travel the land without warping and you keep them. If you go into any town though they would change to the three level 6 ones. Thats what I did for all the harder PIKEN square missions where you get like 1000 and 2000 xp quests.

OUTLAWS The Machine
05-20-2005, 09:02 PM
I either group with OoD or Henchies. Grouping is a lot harder in GW then it was in DAOC because you can not just go anywhere you want to. If serveral of us are doing a mission in Becon's Perch for example, even though you might be the same level as we are, you can't come because you've not been to that area yet. Kinda sucks in that respect.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
05-20-2005, 10:29 PM
I either group with OoD or Henchies. Grouping is a lot harder in GW then it was in DAOC because you can not just go anywhere you want to. If serveral of us are doing a mission in Becon's Perch for example, even though you might be the same level as we are, you can come because you've not been to that area yet. Kinda sucks in that respect.
Thats the only downside.

Grimmy
05-21-2005, 03:27 AM
I'm going to miss you man.

I'm really sorry you decided to giveup on Guildwars too soon in my opinion. If you would've hung in there a little longer and done what you could because we are in a position to help you with whatever you need and sure could use you even with your gametime hours. :(
Maybe it was too soon, but I couldn't stand the groupings of people bitching about everything, when in a group. So that left me to solo, and well, henchmen don't ever chat, so that was very boring spending hours n hours running around and seaming like not getting anywheres. Playtime was never a problem, 7PM to midnight, monday through friday. Just not being able to get a group with guilies what sucked imo, and grew old n boring, pretty much the way is seems on Igraine in DAOC now lol. Anyway I don't really like the physics of GW and how the game is setup.

FUS1ON
05-21-2005, 06:21 PM
Grimmy, Grimmy, Grimmy I just don’t where or how to begin but other than to say that what you are saying is a load of crap and utter nonsense. What bitching are you talking about? You must be having Dark Ages flashbacks or something bud.

I’m going to go slow so you can understand:
1) Early on the game, group size is limited to 2 players, then at some level it raises to 4, then to 6 and finally 8. It’s up to you on how you chose to level, either with a friend, a stranger or a henchie. That’s what we did to get started and you can do the same. Most quests and missions can be done with henchies if you know what you are doing.

2) Pretty much EVERYNIGHT, let me repeat that EVERYNIGHT, we or I start at around 5pm E.S.T., not every other night or whatever like some other people. If you want to run with us, get your ass on and keep up. Dropping back to do zones we have already covered does us no good and frankly isn’t fun. This game is new, I’m on my first character and I’m wanting to explore and see what out there. I/we complete 3-4 zones and do maybe 2-3 missions on most nights if lucky. At first there was only room for 4, and now that there is room for 6 or even 8 I/we have been asking if anyone wants to join in as long as they can get to the zones I’m in. Some people are way ahead of me and have even dropped back to help.

3) We or at least I have been dropping back to help others in zones that are way below my level. I’ve given as much time, gold and items as anyone if not more than anyone. As an officer in OoD, I feel that is part of my job.

Anyways, one of the most important reasons why we have all but stopped playing Dark Ages is because some players alienated the rest of the guild from themselves and OoD isn’t what it used to be about, so we left. Wouldn’t it be really stupid of us to do the same thing in Guildwars as those peeps did to us in Dark Ages? Think about it before you open your piehole.

FUS1ON
05-21-2005, 06:28 PM
Now get you ass back in Guildwars ... biotch :D

Slash
05-22-2005, 03:23 AM
Anyways, one of the most important reasons why we have all but stopped playing Dark Ages is because some players alienated the rest of the guild from themselves and OoD isn’t what it used to be about, so we left. Wouldn’t it be really stupid of us to do the same thing in Guildwars as those peeps did to us in Dark Ages? Think about it before you open your piehole.

Jesus, if you don't like a game, quit. Don't blame it on 8 ****ing people out of 96.

FUS1ON
05-22-2005, 03:38 AM
Ok Slash let's review the most recent threads here, most have been like these examples, What are you doing now?, Where is everyone? Someone is quitting and even a serial killer thread. I'd say we have moved on. :wave:

Grimmy
05-22-2005, 01:22 PM
Grimmy, Grimmy, Grimmy I just don’t where or how to begin but other than to say that what you are saying is a load of crap and utter nonsense. What bitching are you talking about? You must be having Dark Ages flashbacks or something bud.

I’m going to go slow so you can understand:
1) Early on the game, group size is limited to 2 players, then at some level it raises to 4, then to 6 and finally 8. It’s up to you on how you chose to level, either with a friend, a stranger or a henchie. That’s what we did to get started and you can do the same. Most quests and missions can be done with henchies if you know what you are doing.

2) Pretty much EVERYNIGHT, let me repeat that EVERYNIGHT, we or I start at around 5pm E.S.T., not every other night or whatever like some other people. If you want to run with us, get your ass on and keep up. Dropping back to do zones we have already covered does us no good and frankly isn’t fun. This game is new, I’m on my first character and I’m wanting to explore and see what out there. I/we complete 3-4 zones and do maybe 2-3 missions on most nights if lucky. At first there was only room for 4, and now that there is room for 6 or even 8 I/we have been asking if anyone wants to join in as long as they can get to the zones I’m in. Some people are way ahead of me and have even dropped back to help.

3) We or at least I have been dropping back to help others in zones that are way below my level. I’ve given as much time, gold and items as anyone if not more than anyone. As an officer in OoD, I feel that is part of my job.

Must have not made myself clear on some of this. No it's not a Dark Age flashback lol. I meant that the groups I got in on GW, someone would have a different quest up and travel somewhere else, and lose the group, or someone wouldn't heal, or some dumb thing like that, and then someone else would bitch em out and they'd start arguing. That's what I meant by that.

2. If you reread my above post, you will see that I am/was on all the time, usually around 7pm cst. Getting to the other zones was difficult for me, spend hours expoloring and questing, to find dead ends lol.

Anyways, I don't know how this got xformed into a GW thread in the DAOC section :rolleyes:

FUS1ON
05-23-2005, 12:30 AM
Ok so you where talking about some other non OoD groups of people were bitching and not us. The way you said it, it could have been assumed that you where saying that WE were bitching all the time and that just isn't the case.

SASQUATCH
05-25-2005, 08:19 PM
Wait..I see a dead horse, let me go kick the sh*t out of it.
LMAO !!!. . . . That was funny term I haven't heard that expression in a long time and it's still funny to hear it. :thumbs: