PDA

View Full Version : Spear of Kings help

wolfsangle
06-01-2005, 07:12 AM
Hello all. I know this may be a long shot, but I was wondering if someone could help me with the spear of kings encounter this week sometime. I have had the named mob down to ~40% but without a FoP that is the best I can do using the method I've been trying (servant + enhance bot + my armsman working a ram). I have also tried with my brother's sight necro to transfer power to my cleric, but that wasn't enough. (which leads me to another question, can my brother's necro join OoD, he is the only master-soldier from Clan Cotswold I think on any server). At the very least I'd love to get a cleric with a FoP out to try it with me. It would probably take 20-30 minutes, and another 10 to set up. I can pay for your time in plat, PL, help on anything, or let you know some of the rarer scrolls/items I have (house 775 is mine) that I can give you for your time. I am free any day this week after 530pst and most of saturday and sunday.
The method I am going on his from a midgard focus page: http://midfocusfarmin.blogspot.com/
If I can get this item then all I need is 3 SC'd items and that is it for my first RvR'r. W00t!

Saretta
06-01-2005, 07:29 AM
I'm not much in game atm because I have to learn for my diploma so: Post a time and date here and I can come :)

wolfsangle
06-01-2005, 06:50 PM
OK, let's try tonight if you're up for it.
How is 9PM PST? Not sure which time zone you're in.
I've also been reading about how Olg randomly heals when he is <50% (he healed once when I was doing him last night at 40% for 10%) and how if it is just servant on him you'd have to get lucky to get him down so I am gonna throw in my armsman on him on and off for extra dps and try to avoid gaining the aggro. I hope for the best but we will quit if it looks like it is going to take too long and I'll just use a non-artifact weapon.

Saretta
06-01-2005, 07:20 PM
wow 9 pm pst .... im in gmt +1 so that would be 6 am in the morning :(I'm getting up not before 8 am (11 pm pst)

wolfsangle
06-01-2005, 08:35 PM
11pm is fine with me, Ghar is it OK with you? Or we can try a different day.

I wish I could find someone who had tried it on a necro so I could be sure I could overcome the self healing he does.

Ghar if you could bring your paladin that'd be great. If we just have us I think what we'll do is Ghar, my arms (Oryxx, who I'll get my brother to play on, it's very hard to run three accounts who all have active and different roles), and my servant will go inside. Servant aggros mob, mob locks door and abom gets aggro. Clerics (at least mine and BainSidhe) out on porch w/ FoP. Clerics just spam group heal as abom gets whacked down. At 60% or so (5 min) Ghar and Oryxx join in (doing detaunt styles every few times cuz if servant loses aggro, well, you know). At 20% harpies will spawn and start attacking those inside, however they'll aggro on the clerics pretty fast (on outside) and try to get outside to instantly die once they do so. If we kill him we only get credit/artifact if we leave temple so I'll have a ram ready on Oryxx. That is the jist of it. If we had a couple more tanks we could do without a necro I believe, and it may even be faster (and a lot more fun).

Another alternative would be to start ramming door at beginning. Who knows, two warlords could maybe get it down before long at all. With the door open the clerics can heal directly, but I don't think we will have any problem with healing if we have a FoP and 2 or 3 clerics doing group heal.

As far as two accounts, are they on the same computer? If not, you'll just need to spam group heal, that's about it. If you are alt-tabbing you could set up a macro to just press whatever button every whatever seconds (against ToS I guess). Or you can just stick paladin to the mob and just go auto combat on him, and every once in a while alt-tab back to do a detaunt.

Ideas, thoughts? I know I might be sounding crazy, but I really want this polearm!

wolfsangle
06-02-2005, 03:12 AM
OK, meeting in Aerus Haven at 11pm pst. I'll be there as Oryxx and others. If anyone else can come that'll work too, if we had two more tanks I think we could get it done in a jiffy and lose the servant necro.

Saretta
06-02-2005, 08:51 AM
Grats :thumbs:

wolfsangle
06-02-2005, 09:11 AM
Booyashacka!
We had like 2fg out there to do it! First time it didn't drop but second time it did! A bunch of people came out and I'd really like to repay you all. Please let me know what I can do!

Now I am just counting down the days (how many is it anyway) until 1.76 so I can respec to thrust and be an auto-trained thrust polearmsman, thats a mouth full.