PDA

View Full Version : Basic Looks of my new SS;SE Map

FlameRush
06-02-2005, 02:27 AM
Here is a basic work layout of Torture Pit for SS;SE, I will be working on this till I can release it, it will have more stuff, and be more like a jail style map, with a armory, it will be a full out map

OUTLAWS high ping camper
06-03-2005, 06:45 AM
It looks nice flame. Keep up the good work.

FlameRush
06-03-2005, 09:16 AM
Thanks, Im thinkin of ways to work with bridges and crap, but it all looks bad, I cant find the right bridge model file I need, its the 1 with ropes like rails

<<Hybrid>>
06-03-2005, 10:58 PM
to make maps look better, make them more detailed. more dirt, more small unnesecary stuff or more Bumps on walls would be solution. It takes time, but it makes interest for ppl.
IMO about this map: some huge built-in wall pipes with grating in front of them owuldnt hurt. They are easy to make and looks great as well.
My advice: dont make textures too much tiled, scale them as big as they would look in real life, you wont loose any detail if you figure out right dimensions, becouse of in-game render

take a look if you can get some particle effects as well. Something like electric sparks out of cables. Well, designing cables could be a pain in back, takes lots of time. But arent you trying to make good map?
Maybe you know someone who works in warehouses? Visit your friend and take a good look around walls and ceiling. Warehouses always gets somehting to get your inspiration to make maps in your style.
My style is medieval and future, so i cant add much here. But Good luck with project, it looks very well :-)