PDA

View Full Version : Useful things

JIMINATOR
06-04-2005, 10:12 PM
First are forceps. I use these for all my doctor fantasies, and they are also useful in multiple ways on the computer. Forceps are cross between tweezers, needlenose pliers, and they also lock to various pressures and unlock with a twist of the fingers. Got jumpers? Not a problem. They can clamp on to the metal part in the indent and can precisely be put into place. Lose a screw in the case? Not a problem, if you can grab it, you can clamp it and easily get that sucker out. Anyway, $6.99 at radio shack, well worth it.

JIMINATOR
06-04-2005, 10:18 PM
secondly is a usb 2.0 hard drive enclosure kit. If you have spare drives, this is essential. No need to crack the case, just put it in this sucker and then read/write/erase your data, move it to another computer and do the same. This unit was $35 @ Fry's with a $10 rebate. It comes with a separate powersupply. I don't recommend anything that uses the USB connector to power the drive. The units also are not insulated for vibration, so dropping it or knocking it over would be bad...

BobtheCkroach
06-05-2005, 04:59 AM
Thanks JIM! Forceps are a really good idea that I've never thought of! I've considered a USB like that before for excess HDD, but I've never done it...maybe I'll give that a thought...it *would* make all those 5 gig HDD that aren't worth a crap add up to something...hmmm...

Thanks again! Any others?

Pure_Evil
06-09-2005, 10:54 AM
Thanks again! Any others?

these are useful, and Shogy, this is the "hard wear" section... right? :D :P

*really Shogy, I HAD to do it*