PDA

View Full Version : GM Homepage = Forums

SALvation
06-07-2005, 07:13 PM
I have updated the GM homepage to automatically redirect right into the forums. The old homepage was very out of date and made the entire site look out of date for anyone that would look at it. Now when you go right to www.gamemecca.net (http://www.gamemecca.net) you will be taken right into the forums.

Die Hard
06-07-2005, 07:20 PM
Hey Sal, you've been busy today :eek:

EXEcution
06-07-2005, 07:22 PM
Cool, thx!

Caged Anger
06-07-2005, 08:28 PM
...I have the site bookmarked anyway but this will streamline the site, kudos Sal!

Speedsweeper
06-07-2005, 09:33 PM
:thumbs:

<<Hybrid>>
06-07-2005, 11:11 PM
oh c'mon, no more reviews?

He Is Legend
06-07-2005, 11:13 PM
Nice.

NightBreed
06-07-2005, 11:45 PM
:thumbs: works for me !!

Nitro
06-08-2005, 01:22 AM
oh c'mon, no more reviews?
95% of gamers get their news from Gamespot. GM doesn't need to waste its time on material that hundreds of other sites already have (unless it has to do with SS2 of course).

BobtheCkroach
06-08-2005, 02:33 AM
95% of gamers get their news from Gamespot. GM doesn't need to waste its time on material that hundreds of other sites already have (unless it has to do with SS2 of course).

First, I disagree entirely. I trust JIM and others because I know them. I enjoy hearing an opinion from someone I know, at least a little bit, instead of some completely random guy that I've never heard of. Personally, I've never read a review from Gamespot in my life.

Second, to answer Hybrid's question, clicking on the "Articles" link on the top will take you to those reviews, or under the first Forum listed on the Forums homepage, entitled "Gamemecca News" there's also a posting for most of the big reviews.

EXEcution
06-08-2005, 02:33 AM
its often better to read the opinions of several people before deciding whether a game is good or bad, there aren't any professional review writers because their review is based on given facts as well as opinions which are usually in the form of a comparison to a precedent set by another game (e.g. Halo) GM has had its reviews posted on the Painkiller site so i don't think its a waste of time because talented writers such as Twitch, 9999's, Jiminator, and myself (who has not yet written a review) offer good criticism and feedback. Although i don't read all the reviews or buy that many games, i find them an interesting read because i can continually refer back to them.

Mad Fox
06-08-2005, 10:14 AM
sal u have been busy with gamemecca keep up the good work

SALvation
06-08-2005, 01:41 PM
We still have the reviews. They can all be found under the Articles link. I'd love to have more reviews and articles, but unfortunately its tough finding writers to do this.

<<Hybrid>>
06-08-2005, 04:56 PM
i was just curious to see GM's ratings in released games websites