PDA

View Full Version : Don't you just hate it...

Caged Anger
06-11-2005, 03:54 PM
when you buy a bottle of pepsi and leave it in the car during the heat?

....cost me $1.25.......bah

<<Hybrid>>
06-11-2005, 04:35 PM
hah, to buy new one? :D

ME BIGGD01
06-11-2005, 04:50 PM
i hate it more when you are so damn thirsty you are willing to drink an old bottle of soda that was in the car for as long as you can remember:o

BobtheCkroach
06-11-2005, 05:17 PM
ROFL - funny you should mention it. I bought 2 2-liters of Mt. Dew on Wednesday, and accidently left them in the car. On the way home from work on Thursday, I was really thirsty and thought "it won't be the best, but it can't be *that* bad"...I actually burned my tongue. Baaaaaaad idea.

Still, ususally if it's only been a day or so, the pop (pop, not soda you freakin' southerners...:P) will taste fine once you get it in the fridge (freezer if you want it fast!)

Slice
06-11-2005, 06:22 PM
ROFL - funny you should mention it. I bought 2 2-liters of Mt. Dew on Wednesday, and accidently left them in the car. On the way home from work on Thursday, I was really thirsty and thought "it won't be the best, but it can't be *that* bad"...I actually burned my tongue. Baaaaaaad idea.

Still, ususally if it's only been a day or so, the pop (pop, not soda you freakin' southerners...:P) will taste fine once you get it in the fridge (freezer if you want it fast!)
It's Soda FREAK!!!! It isn't a Southern thing either. I am from Connecticut originally and they call it soda in the North East too. :drink:

Pure_Evil
06-11-2005, 06:31 PM
It's Soda FREAK!!!! It isn't a Southern thing either. I am from Connecticut originally and they call it soda in the North East too. :drink:
http://bestsmileys.com/lol/4.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/drinks/5.gif

Scorch
06-11-2005, 07:30 PM
I have found at work a coke 1.5L so I thought why not to drink, this thing certainly didn't have the taste of a coke, it might of me something else or its date expired... :P

BobtheCkroach
06-11-2005, 07:49 PM

I'll admit, the soda thing doesn't bother me as much as it used to. I used to go to a convention every year that had peeps from all over the world, and the soda thing really bugged me and a buddy of mine from NY, but we both decided soda's not that bad after we met a girl from Tennessee...apparently, around there,the conversation goes like this:

"Welcome to McDonalds (or anything else). What can I get for you?"
"I'll take a large coke."
"alright, what kind?"
"Sprite, please."

Apparently where she lives, "Coke" means pop/soda...even if you're ordering, oh say, PEPSI! You always order a Coke and then specify what kind. Sheesh!

OUTLAWS Tip
06-11-2005, 08:00 PM
I grew up in MN. I had always called it pop. I moved to PA and went over to a new friends house for lunch. His mom asked me if I wanted a soda. Well I would never drink club soda so I declined the beverage. My buddy was eating lunch drinking his coke when I figured out soda was the same as pop.
:eek:
:D

Mad Fox
06-11-2005, 08:24 PM
Definately been soad here in the MA. I never hear anyone call it pop? Who says that. LOL

Slice
06-11-2005, 08:44 PM
Well it isn't rocket science. The word was Soda Pop back in the day. Half the idiots decided on Soda as the generic term the other half Pop. :P

solid snake295
06-11-2005, 09:08 PM
ill have to vote for pop.
although when i got through the drive-thru i say "gimmie a liter'a cola" then laugh like an idiot :P

Die Hard
06-11-2005, 10:04 PM
In the UK we call it Pop. Hot or cold :P

Caged Anger
06-11-2005, 10:12 PM
what's hot pop?

BobtheCkroach
06-12-2005, 05:00 AM
ill have to vote for pop.
although when i got through the drive-thru i say "gimmie a liter'a cola" then laugh like an idiot :P

I had someone do that when I worked at McDonalds. I told them we didn't have any, but maybe they'd like a Large Farva...

I will say this for "Soda." No matter where you go, people know what soda is...if you go to other places (like where Mad Fox is) and ask for a pop, there's a decent change someone will think you're asking to be punched, or possibly for a sexual favor...

Caged Anger
06-12-2005, 03:02 PM
same place I live and yes, you would be punched