PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella Man

BobtheCkroach
06-12-2005, 05:18 AM
I don't know how many of you have seen this movie, since it's been out for either 1 or 2 weeks now, but I have to say that I was very impressed. I was halfway dragged by my fiancee, and not really interested it watching it, since I have no interest in boxing, and generally find serious sports films boring/crappy. Add to that the fact that this is based on a true story, I've never liked a Russell Crowe movie, or that I've never liked a Ron Howard movie, and I thought for sure it would suck.

Boy, was I wrong. First of all, the movie is not so much a sports movie as it is the story of a man doing what he needs to during the Great Depression.

Second, it's a great story, and since it's real, you don't get that feeling that it was Hollywooded, which is generally what makes me hate sports movies, whether it ends in win or loss. I generally can't stand Renee Zellweger, but I thought that she and Crowe did a great job together. I'm not the best at writing reviews, so if this is pretty sucky, I'm sorry, but I highly recommend catching this flick, or, if you're not sure still, add this to the "rent DVD" list - it's a great movie.

SoulReaver
06-13-2005, 03:01 AM
:O You hate Russell Crowe? You evil b*****d, Russell Crowe is teh shiznet

Die Hard
06-13-2005, 11:40 AM
Hey Bob that was a dreadful review. Only joking, I will look out for that movie now and make sure I see it :thumbs:

Pure_Evil
06-13-2005, 01:23 PM
I'm sorry
yep :thumbs:

the only thing that woul've made that review better was if I was hung over while reading it, alas, I was not.....

:drink:

BobtheCkroach
06-13-2005, 04:17 PM
One day, I hope to have friends... :D

Pure_Evil
06-13-2005, 04:38 PM
start with smaller, more obtainable goals :P don't reach for the stars, you'll set yourself up for a huge fall :eek:

BobtheCkroach
06-13-2005, 05:17 PM
start with smaller, more obtainable goals :P don't reach for the stars, you'll set yourself up for a huge fall :eek:

LOL...ouch.

<<Hybrid>>
06-13-2005, 09:25 PM
heh, good point :D