PDA

View Full Version : Downing Street MEMO

Mad Fox
06-16-2005, 12:10 PM
Please read http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8234762/site/newsweek/

Could this be the new watergate, pentagon papers, or the Zimmerman note.

Die Hard
06-16-2005, 12:17 PM
Here we go again....

I thought everyone knew the reasons to go to war were totally fabricated?

TheMaster
06-16-2005, 12:50 PM
Part of me is glad you mentioned this MF. Another part of me isn't, because this might start a political firestorm here. No matter.

IMHO, this goes beyond Watergate, in fact some are already calling this Memogate. When President Bush and British PM Tony Blair were asked about the Downing Street Minutes, they said such a meeting did take place in July 2002, but deny the contents of the memo are true. But what this memo is, it's a transcript, minutes, of a meeting of British intelligence officials in July 2002, where they said they believed war with Iraq was inevitable, and that evidence was being "fixed" around the policy. They say President Bush at the time had already made up his mind about invading. Now I don't care if anyone here starts calling this some sort of vast liberal conspiracy to drive the President out of office, or if they start calling me a liberal loser for believing it. Just to let you know I think this is for real.

A hearing regarding the Downing Street Minutes will be held today at 2:30, and I believe C-SPAN3 will air it live. Also a large rally is expected today at 5 PM outside the White House.

Pure_Evil
06-16-2005, 02:15 PM
Oh please, next they'll say we let Bin Laden go because his familly heavilly supported Bush's oil companies in the past :rolleyes:

Where's Michael Moore when you need him?

Bottom line is American soldiers are dying over there for no reason other than money.

another good read (http://www.antiwar.com/casualties/)

Geez, it's not like Bush or his administration were getting BJ's in the White House :eek: Please, concentrate your efforts on what really matters, sex & money and stop wasting time on lies/death/ proffits :o

*paging Slice, Clean, BIGG's*

EXEcution
06-16-2005, 02:25 PM
People die for worse reasons Pure.

TheMaster
06-16-2005, 02:33 PM
Money and oil PE.

You can always check out the memo (http://www.downingstreetmemo.com) yourselves.

Pure_Evil
06-16-2005, 02:59 PM
he Foreign Secretary said he would discuss this with Colin Powell this week. It seemed clear that Bush had made up his mind to take military action, even if the timing was not yet decided. But the case was thin. Saddam was not threatening his neighbours, and his WMD capability was less than that of Libya, North Korea or Iran. We should work up a plan for an ultimatum to Saddam to allow back in the UN weapons inspectors. This would also help with the legal justification for the use of force.
amusing :rolleyes:

Pure_Evil
06-16-2005, 03:00 PM
People die for worse reasons Pure.
please state where Americans are sent to death for worse reasons. Your statement was a little broad.

TheMaster
06-16-2005, 06:29 PM
Frankly I can't think of anything worse than lying to the general public to build a case for war, for any war, especially if one does it to fill one's own pockets.

EXEcution
06-16-2005, 06:56 PM
please state where Americans are sent to death for worse reasons. Your statement was a little broad.
nope can't think of anything you are absolutely right

Caged Anger
06-16-2005, 10:07 PM
:watchmovi: