PDA

View Full Version : 'Batman Returns' Review

EXEcution
06-16-2005, 02:49 PM
I saw this yesterday right after taking two finals, and this has to be the best movie I have seen in a VERY long time. I was pretty amazed at Chris Nolan's ability to accurately recreate Batman the way he should have been from the start.

The film starts off showing who Bruce Wayne was, how his parents died, as well as why and how he chose to become the Dark Night. The story is very engaging, filled with quick-cut fight sequences, and great acting. There were some cheesy one-liners and the humor was pretty dry, but other than that it was phenomenal.

There are also several twists to the plot, you don't immidiately know who the REAL bad guys are until near the end. The film was pretty dark and gruesome at times, but that was the way Batman was portrayed in the comic books.

I absolutely loved the part when he has bats swirling all around him as he jumps down to save his girlfriend.
http://thecia.com.au/reviews/b/images/batman-begins-1.jpg WEEE!

All of the bases are covered in the movie: how Batman got his sweet-ass car, the batsuit, and all the other gadgets. I would definitely reccomend seeing this if you haven't already. None of the other superhero movies can compare to this brilliant peice of work, and i would reccomend this over Revenge of the Sith 1000000x.

EDIT: This is actually more of an impression on the movie as opposed to a full review. ;D

BobtheCkroach
06-16-2005, 03:34 PM
So, the real question is...

are you honestly reviewing "Batman Returns", like you said, which came out 10 years ago (and sucked, I might add)

OR...

are you reviewing Batman Begins?

:D:D:D:D

Glad to hear it was good - I'll be seeing it this weekend for sure! :thumbs:

EXEcution
06-16-2005, 04:05 PM
****ZER! Someone fix it! :P
But the pic speaks for itself.

DiTomasso
06-16-2005, 05:04 PM
Thx for the review :thumbs:

Pure_Evil
06-16-2005, 05:11 PM
****ZER! Someone fix it! :P
:rolleyes:

'Please' would've been nice :o

EXEcution
06-16-2005, 05:24 PM
This is the internet no one has feelings. :P

Pure_Evil
06-16-2005, 05:30 PM
This is the internet no one has feelings. :P
:dunno: suite yourself :rolleyes:

EXEcution
06-16-2005, 05:42 PM
plz!1!!11!

JIMINATOR
06-16-2005, 06:14 PM
****ZER! Someone fix it now you biatches!!! :P

luckily I captured this before he edited it.... :thumbs:

EXEcution
06-16-2005, 06:46 PM
luckily I captured this before he edited it.... :thumbs:
rofl

Speedsweeper
06-16-2005, 07:16 PM
Looks like a good film.

:thumbs:

Die Hard
06-16-2005, 07:18 PM
Sounds like a great movie, I'll definitely see it. Thanks man :thumbs:

Herbus Maximus
06-17-2005, 03:24 AM
I believe that the main dude in this new batman movie was the same guy that starred in "American Psycho". I was hoping that he would be able to express the seething/revenge attitudes from the Darknight graphic novels that had been missing from the cornball movies. Looks like I might just have to plan on seeing this adaptation.:thumbs:

SALvation
06-19-2005, 04:21 AM
I just saw the movie and this is easily the best Batman, and in my opinion is one of the top 3 comic book movies ever made. This is an easy 5/5 stars from me.

<<Hybrid>>
06-19-2005, 08:53 PM
i had choise today... buy it or not...
and i didnt.

Thanks for review, if there's really good 3D graphs i should take a look