PDA

View Full Version : President's Address

Caged Anger
06-29-2005, 12:34 AM
Comments, Bushisms, and discussions anyone?

Slice
06-29-2005, 03:34 AM
As far as I knew it was 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue Washington, DC 20520. If you are reffering to the broken English coming from Bush, then I wouldn't calll it an address, more like slang. It's all lies bull**** and he can kiss my rich anti oil ass.

TheMaster
06-29-2005, 04:11 AM
I saw bits and pieces of it, and then read the transcript at WhiteHouse.gov.

Overall, I was unimpressed with the President. And considering his high job disapproval ratings lately, this address might backfire and actually work against him.

Pure_Evil
06-29-2005, 02:03 PM
I read this first thing this morning and said WTF, the Pres is smoking crack!

"We fight today because terrorists want to attack our country and kill our citizens, and Iraq is where they are making their stand. So we will fight them there, we will fight them across the world and we will stay in the fight until the fight is won."

For crying out loud! We invaded Iraq, we picked that war! Everyone knew alqeda was based largely in Afganistan and Pakistan! Anyone think Bin Laden is in Iraq?? hello!!!!!

American Military Casualties in Iraq
American Deaths
Since war began (3/19/03)In Combat 1374 Total 1743

GG GWB :down:

::: DARK PSI :::
06-29-2005, 02:48 PM
I tend just not to listen to him. It just makes me mad. 3.5 years and counting.

BobtheCkroach
06-29-2005, 04:43 PM
Comments, Bushisms, and discussions anyone?

Last time I knew, the President's Address was

1600 Pennsylvania Ave
Washington, DC

You'll have to look the zip up...

:D :D

EDIT: DANGIT! Slice beat me to it! That's what I get for replying instantly w/o reading all the posts...

SALvation
06-29-2005, 04:56 PM
There is no use even arguing anymore since we are stuck with him.

Caged Anger
06-29-2005, 05:03 PM
Last time I knew, the President's Address was

1600 Pennsylvania Ave
Washington, DC

You'll have to look the zip up...

:D :D

EDIT: DANGIT! Slice beat me to it! That's what I get for replying instantly w/o reading all the posts...

:rolleyes: :rofl:

OUTLAWS Tip
06-29-2005, 07:29 PM
Attacks inside of US since 9/11.

Rivers
06-29-2005, 08:46 PM
There is no use even arguing anymore since we are stuck with him.

Indeed.

OUTLAWS 9.99repeating^32
06-29-2005, 09:37 PM
I heard parts of the address on NPR. I think he made some good points, such as why he's not giving a time-table for pulling out of Iraq. I also liked his insight into what type of war we are fighting and how we will not let the soldiers who died there die in vain (like a Vietnam-type scenario). Overall though, I feel that there were not that many important or drastic details given out (such as adding or removing troops), so I think there isn't much more to say.

TheMaster
06-30-2005, 02:19 AM
I feel I should point this out. I've been itching to get it out of my system.

In 1999, then Texas Governor Bush criticized President Clinton for not setting a timetable for withdrawing from Kosovo. He said that a timetable was the key to victory.

Now that Bush is President and he went to war in Iraq, he downright refuses to set a timetable, saying it would send the wrong message. IMO, if he criticized a past President for not setting a timetable for a war he declared, then he has no good reason for not setting a timetable.

ME BIGGD01
06-30-2005, 04:22 AM
the onlt thing i am going to say is that if we are not going to actually fight the enemies and except the neighboring countries to be allowed to send in insurgents, we need to just leave now. if you want to not let our soldiers die in vain, we need to hold responsible all groups and countries that murder our troops. that warning should of been anounced from day 1 and with that warning to all countries that continue should/shall be destroyed for entering this war against america.

SASQUATCH
06-30-2005, 05:28 AM
As far as I knew it was 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue Washington, DC 20520. If you are reffering to the broken English coming from Bush, then I wouldn't calll it an address, more like slang. It's all lies bull**** and he can kiss my rich anti oil ass.
LOL :thumbs:

My concern is China if you haven't read the lastest info about them.

TheMaster
06-30-2005, 02:50 PM
I heard all about it. This President better not decide to go to war with China next, cause it's going to be a disaster for both sides.

North Korea is the country I'm most concerned with. They're the ones, unlike Iraq, who have nuclear weapons, and are not afraid to threaten the world with them. Kim Jong Il is just fruit loops.

Caged Anger
06-30-2005, 04:33 PM
not to mention the fact they can already throw a missile at the US and hit it

Nitro
06-30-2005, 06:41 PM
SWEET gas prices guys eh?

SASQUATCH
06-30-2005, 11:29 PM
North Korea- USA has already a plan because too much investment from the South Korea and especially Japan our close alliance they are not a thread but only what they sell is the thread. BTW there plan is really to wait out Kim to die and get sick some how. There isn’t much we can do with Kim there for North Korea but to wait for now and keep a close eye on him.

As for China been planning a great deal of time for the past 20 years or more and we need to work with them and they will sell mass destruction to other countries. Also keep this in mind that they are building there military more but only because they know we have things that no one knows about and what we are capable of doing believe me.

USA knows that within 10 to 20 years from now China will and can be world power and not military but economic power which is what scare us most when it comes to money.

China I would hope can join in and balance the trades and goods that can help everyone together to maintain peace on this earth because China will play a major roll in keeping the peace. Also keep it in mind that China will one day change and believe it or not it can be good and it can also be dangerous if not approach correctly.

The new generation will hold the key to our future.

As for Bush he will be gone soon and I would hope we get a President that will communicate better with China like Nixon did in the early 70’s. There is no other president who open doors to china and wanted to open channels with them.

China does not trust USA because we have become too greedy and to much corruption in our system it reminds me of the Roman age if you have read about it’s history and in which it collapse because of it.

USA must open channels with China and it should be consider priority on the list.