PDA

View Full Version : The Matrix

Caged Anger
06-30-2005, 02:21 PM
I finally watched the Matrix movies and I gotta say that they are the best movies I've ever seen. Between the graphics and the storyline, there's no beating it. I'm curious though...are there any more after Revolutions? :cool:

SALvation
06-30-2005, 03:13 PM
Nothing after Revolutions, but check out The Animatrix. It is a series of animated shorts that are prequels to The Matrix.

PJ'l_Master
06-30-2005, 04:17 PM
i thought the second one was utterly RETARDED

the first one was awesome since it wasnt blatantly obvious that some of the characters were CG

the second one was horribly obvious when it wasnt the real person, which ruined the whole thing for me

the third one was the best IMO, BUT there were still a few parts where i could see some CG stuff

Caged Anger
06-30-2005, 04:32 PM
its odd there are no more as it was left so very open at the end of the third

SoulReaver
06-30-2005, 06:38 PM
Whoa, you never saw The Matrix trilogy before? Anyways, yeah, they kick arse. CA, what are your questions exactly?

BobtheCkroach
06-30-2005, 09:22 PM
CA, if you're interested, look on the web a bit for something like "the matrix" and "meanings" or something like that...there is a TON of speculation about the social/religous/etc implications that arise from the movie. Some are obvious (trinity, the one, etc) but some are very unusual and interesting.

In any case, I thought all 3 were good, and I frankly liked the ending and felt that it wasn't "open ended" as much as a "well, here we go again" b/c even though Neo did the best of any of the Neo's, I got the feeling from the movie that both the Architect and the Oracle knew that it would eventually still happen all over again...eventually, we'll tick of the robots and they'll enslave us again...at least, that's what I thought...

One of my friend's completely hates the whole trilogy b/c he feels the ending to the third, with how Neo handles things was just one big political statement regarding the war. I don't see it myself, but then again I don't really ever see much symbolism.

I really gotta watch those again.

<<Hybrid>>
06-30-2005, 10:14 PM
I saw all of parts, even Animatrix (must see if u like fantasy animes... thx for Aries to tell me about it)
The only impressive movies was Animatrix and Matrix 1st part
Revolutions and Reloaded was total cr@p... usually for most of movies the first part is the best

SoulReaver
06-30-2005, 10:42 PM
I only saw like the first 5-6 episodes of The Animatrix online (they let you see some for free on the website) and on Adult Swim.

Caged Anger
06-30-2005, 11:12 PM
Whoa, you never saw The Matrix trilogy before? Anyways, yeah, they kick arse. CA, what are your questions exactly?

I guess, to me at least, it seem like there is a need for a final movie. In this one they would just clean things up as to what happens to Neo, who the heck that creepy little girl is, what happened to Smith, what did the people do now that they were free....the questions go on but I'm tired of typing. (gonna go play ET) :thumbs:

SoulReaver
07-01-2005, 12:54 AM
Well, wouldn't the people just, go on with their lives? I don't think anyone who didn't ever jack out of The Matrix would realize anything changed. Smith I thought was destroyed when The Matrix was destroyed.

BobtheCkroach
07-01-2005, 02:43 AM
Well, wouldn't the people just, go on with their lives? I don't think anyone who didn't ever jack out of The Matrix would realize anything changed. Smith I thought was destroyed when The Matrix was destroyed.

Agh! Gosh, I really gotta watch this again, now. My uncle had a great theory about it, and if I could recall the ending better I couled remember what his theory was, but I can't. Darn!

Oh! I remember! Agent Smith freed himself from the Matrix, so the Matrix itself could not control him (he became a virus). At the end, instead of hooking up to the Matrix through Zion's "terminals", Neo hooked up through the real matrix, and consequently was connected to the matrix again. He allowed agent smith to consume him (i'm remembering this correctly, right?), and in doing so gave the Matrix a connection to Smith again and allowed the Matrix to destroy Smith. Of course, there are holes in this theory such as why the Oracle couldn't connect Smith to the matrix, etc. I'll have to watch again and talk to my uncle.

Regarding Neo, I was under the belief that he died. I was also under the opinion that all of those in the Matrix were released, but I guess you coudl argue that either way and never get anywhere. Morpheus biggest' s peeve was that people were being used as batteries, so I can't imagine they just said "let those people stay" but I guess a mass release might be catastrophic, too. I tell ya what - all you guys come to Kent city Michigan, we'll watch all 3 and we'll have a big ol' debate! :)

SoulReaver
07-01-2005, 03:59 AM
Man, I gotta go out and buy the DVDs. Maybe the package that contains all three of em. I thought Neo died as well.

Caged Anger
07-01-2005, 12:26 PM
ah but then why did the oracle say we would see him again when the creepy girl asked her?

Ha, Bob!!! I'll bring the popcorn and riot shield.
(Gamemeccian discussions usually get heated ;) )

BobtheCkroach
07-01-2005, 05:32 PM
ah but then why did the oracle say we would see him again when the creepy girl asked her?

(Gamemeccian discussions usually get heated ;) )

I took the comment about seeing him again to mean this:

As I said, the way I understood the ending, the architect and oracle believe that eventually the robots'll take over again and the matrix will resume...at which point there will be another Neo (the 7th, I believe?)...I understood it to mean that they will see his Figure, not the physical man himself.

Details that we'll never actually work out, of course...

As for the shield, i'll try not to get that angry, but it's probably still a good precaution :thumbs:

SoulReaver
07-01-2005, 05:34 PM

(Gamemeccian discussions usually get heated ;) ) I thought The Oracle said that to make her feel better, haha.

BobtheCkroach
07-01-2005, 05:46 PM
I thought The Oracle said that to make her feel better, haha.

ROFL! Best theory yet! :D