PDA

View Full Version : F9's

Falkentyne
02-03-2003, 10:14 PM
Do two people f9 each other, meaning they both leave?

Why is it that whenever I see someone get f9'd, someone else quickly leaves either at the same time or a couple of seconds later... ?

I've never been f9'd when I'm the only person on a server.

Saretta
02-03-2003, 10:30 PM
That's an interesting question. Yesterday I was F9d and shortly after Ada was F9d too.

But I was also F9d when I was the only person on a server. That doesn't happen very often and I think it only happens when someone tries to join the server at that moment.

Take a server with 5 people on it: sometimes a 6th player joins and I get no lag or F9, but sometimes I get lag or F9 when a 6th player joined the same server.

I think the F9's somehow really depend on the players on the servers and what ping they have to the servers.

In coop it's even worse :wacko: There the amount of the monsters plays a role too.

TheUltimateWarrior
02-03-2003, 10:39 PM
I have been F9éd when I am the only one in the server

Hobbes
02-03-2003, 10:41 PM
Since its a 'bad sync error' or whatever I guess it has something to do with not getting all the data from other players and everyone's positions and stuff not matching up... more likely to happen with more people probably. :WTF:

ME BIGGD01
02-03-2003, 10:49 PM
if it was on my server yesterday i apolgize as i have been doing lots of work and also had to restart server. i have been f9'd also though and has to do with the connection to server which will mess up and disconect. this is in the netcode.