PDA

View Full Version : Can't stream, please help!

Thundarr
07-16-2005, 02:55 AM
Everytime I click on a link to a streaming video, IE shuts down, anyone know how I can fix? I searched all over to see if I had it disabled or something and simply see no reason why I shouldn't be able to... :confused:

Caged Anger
07-16-2005, 12:18 PM
does it give you an error message or just poof and gone?

Thundarr
07-16-2005, 07:35 PM
Just poof and gone... :(

EXEcution
07-17-2005, 04:21 PM
Is the video streaming as in you can see it in a IE window with WMP interface showing or a URL ending in .wmv or .avi, or is it both?

Thundarr
07-18-2005, 02:34 AM
I can run things once I download them in WMP and Quicktime, etc, it's just when I click a link to run it in IE or Quicktime that it shuts down, like on Ebaum's World and stuff like that... Or a link that someone posts here, those shut IE down too sometimes they pull up the player first or sometimes they don't even get that far before the shutdown...

Thundarr
07-18-2005, 02:44 AM
OK, I just double checked some vids I had downloaded that I used to be able to play and now I can't play those either... This is such a bummer. One was and AVI and the others were WMV's :down: I'm using WMP 10...

EXEcution
07-19-2005, 05:12 PM
Try re-installing the WM Codec, and then try downloading XviD from http://www.completefinishers.org/Downloads/XviD1.0.exe

Thundarr
07-24-2005, 06:21 PM
Done all suggestions, still no dice... :(

ME BIGGD01
08-12-2005, 11:05 PM
right click on internet explorer icon--go to properties, click on advanced tab and choose restore defualts--- clear your cookies, and delete all temp web stuff since you are there anyway, click apply and close out of it.

click on media player, go tools/options go to privacy tab and clear caches along with history. next click on the file types click select all--click apply.

try this first and post back your results.:thumbs: i want to try the easiest things first.

Thundarr
08-13-2005, 12:21 AM
Did all the things you said then tried to play a .wmv WMP immediately shut down... :( BTW nice to see you again, BIGG!! :)

ME BIGGD01
08-13-2005, 01:05 AM
what os are you currently running?

if it's xp

right click on the my computer icon, choose manage, a window will appear and in that window you will see on the left side you will see event viewer as the first choice. expand that and click on application and look to the right side to see if there are red x's. if so look to see what the message is and what is causing it. if taking a screenshot can be done, post it here so i can look.

if you want to net meeting, we can set a time and i will be on where i will give you an ip to dial so you can connect to my server and watch as i fix your system remotely.

Thundarr
08-13-2005, 01:35 AM
Last Red x is from July 24 Load Perf Error Properties for the error below

Unloading the performance counter strings for service ASP.NET (ASP.NET) failed. The Error code is the first DWORD in Data section.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Nothing relating to WMP that I can see...

I'd love it if we can set up a time when you could remotely fix it, it's really beginning to pi$$ me off... Arrrgh! :confused:

OUTLAWS high ping camper
08-14-2005, 08:13 AM
Please post if you get this resolved. Sure seems pretty strange. Kind of like there are two or more programs conflicting one another.
Or possibly a firewall setting that is blocking the stream.

Thundarr
08-14-2005, 09:08 PM
Please post if you get this resolved. Sure seems pretty strange. Kind of like there are two or more programs conflicting one another.
Or possibly a firewall setting that is blocking the stream.
I certainly will post the resolution of this if we get it taken care of! :thumbs: