PDA

View Full Version : Best PSP games?

inakaotaku
08-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Just got my PSP! What are your favorite games so far? I like RPG's and shooters best.

Dangerous Dan
08-09-2005, 09:32 PM
Coded arms is a decent first person shooter - most of the RPGs are over in Japan currently, but Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade will have to tie you over for the moment.

SoulReaver
08-10-2005, 07:37 PM
Untold Legends gets boring after like 5 hours. Ridge Racer is ok but gets boring. I love teh Lumines.

inakaotaku
08-10-2005, 08:09 PM
Cool I got Lumines with my PSP and I like it too. I'll pick up Coded Arms tonight, does it have online play?

SoulReaver
08-11-2005, 02:58 AM
Nope only ad-hoc.

inakaotaku
08-11-2005, 07:42 PM
Ahh. Oh well. Gotta find some other PSPers I guess. I bought Coded Arms yesterday. Took me a couple hours to re-learn how to play a shooter single-stick, but after I got it down the game is super fun. It looks great, has lots of weapons, and it scratches my FPS itch. Pretty happy with my purchase, can't wait to play multiplayer.

j5tar
08-14-2005, 04:25 AM
im pro and lumines and my fav game is probably ridge racer

<<Hybrid>>
08-15-2005, 08:59 PM
dunno about psp... but the fbest game i ever played on playstation was blood lines.. i still love it...

in first few hours i couldnt beat the first guy in easiest mode... :D
few weeks later i finished game with hughe bleb on my left hand finger :/

inakaotaku
08-16-2005, 06:29 PM
Anyone picked up Death Jr. yet? How is it? I'm gonna grab a copy after work. Looks awfully cute. There's a contest for a free copy on the official site: http://www.deathjr.com/contest.html

SALvation
08-16-2005, 07:01 PM
We should have both a contest for Death Jr. and a review of the game coming soon.

inakaotaku
08-17-2005, 07:10 PM
Cool. I already got a copy so I guess I won't enter. I think it's pretty cute. I always like a good platform. It's more about the plot and the look for me, and this is great. I used to be kinda goth so I dig the evil yet adorable thing. Can't beat exploding hamsters.

Dangerous Dan
08-17-2005, 08:04 PM
so it plays well? gamespot posted a review that made it seem like a really mediocre game...

SoulReaver
08-17-2005, 09:39 PM
Yeah IGN's and GS's reviews both make it sound mediocre. I have a feeling you'll hate it after awhile.

inakaotaku
08-18-2005, 08:19 PM
GS has been slamming PSP games so hard I've stopped listening to them. I mean, if they don't like anything that's out, what the hell am I supposed to play? I think it plays well, it's more challenging than I had anticipated, not as much "for kids" as I thought it'd be. I really like the characters and the music. I read complaints about camera, but I don't seem to have a problem, there's a lock-on. More weps than I thought, too, it's not just the scythe.

SoulReaver
08-19-2005, 02:18 AM
Yeah, it seems like only some of the launch lineup received good scores. But I do trust their scores most of the time and will only purchase a game with medicore reviews if I rent it first and like it. Anywho, I recommend Lumines(!) and Ridge Racers, as I have both and love them. I highly do not recommend Untold Legends, gets boring after couple of hours, as well as Rengoku.

inakaotaku
08-21-2005, 10:20 PM
Lumines, Coded Arms, and Death Jr. are my three recommendations.

SALvation
08-22-2005, 12:37 AM
Hot Shots Golf has been the best PSP game I've played. Lumines would be second place for me.

SoulReaver
08-22-2005, 03:32 PM
Would you enjoy Hot Shot Golf if you don't like gold games too much?

inakaotaku
08-22-2005, 05:46 PM
I tried Hot Shots golf, I don't really like any kind of sports games, but I liked it. The more I play Death Jr. the more I like it. Has anyone heard anything about the Death Jr. movie?

SALvation
08-22-2005, 06:02 PM
Hot Shots is definitely an arcade type golf game and not a simulation like Tiger Woods. HS does a nice job of throwing in some RPG elements and is a perfect game to play in quick 15-30 minute bursts.

SoulReaver
08-22-2005, 06:08 PM
I guess I'll rent it at BB sometimes, thanks for the advice. The only game I'm looking forward to on the PSP is Burnout Legends. Nothing else really interests me :(

Die Hard
09-26-2005, 09:02 AM
Well I've just bought my PSP and the game selection over here in the UK is a little thin on the ground. I bought the F1 Grand Prix game and that gets boring after playing for a couple of hours. There is no real car set up or manual gear change!

What is Metal Gear Solid like?

SoulReaver
09-26-2005, 08:14 PM
Its like a card game. I heard mixed reviews of it. Rent it first.

Dangerous Dan
10-01-2005, 10:53 PM
get liberty city stories this month.

SoulReaver
10-02-2005, 12:00 AM
get liberty city stories this month. Yeah I will too probably, even though I think GTA isn't as much fun as everyone thinks. It gets boring to me after awhile. Still, its pretty good, so I'm gonna get LS probably.

gaminginsane
11-23-2005, 05:50 AM
OK, I had to put my 2 sence in about the best PSP games... In MY opinion there are 2... Lumines is an amazing game and my first PSP love... I'll never get sick of it... my FAVORITE PSP game, and therefore the BEST, is SOCOM:Fire Team Bravo... I'll never think the same about handheld gaming again... This game is amazing, It's SOCOM in your hands... THe gaming is amazing and the online play is perfect... the best.

Dangerous Dan
11-23-2005, 06:11 AM
OK, I had to put my 2 sence in about the best PSP games... In MY opinion there are 2... Lumines is an amazing game and my first PSP love... I'll never get sick of it... my FAVORITE PSP game, and therefore the BEST, is SOCOM:Fire Team Bravo... I'll never think the same about handheld gaming again... This game is amazing, It's SOCOM in your hands... THe gaming is amazing and the online play is perfect... the best.

i agree with you, the complete Socom experience in the palm of your hand is like having mario kart (DS) in the palm of your hand - either way you're getting a high budget title that very few console games could best.

gaminginsane
11-28-2005, 06:20 AM
exactly! I was really surprised at how much I liked playing SOCOM on a PSP... But Fire Team Bravo is my FAVORITE game. It's just so much fun...

ElessarBarton
12-01-2005, 10:40 PM
exactly! I was really surprised at how much I liked playing SOCOM on a PSP... But Fire Team Bravo is my FAVORITE game. It's just so much fun...

Socom FTB is defintely a great game, and definitely my favorite for the PSP, 16 ppl online, and little to no lag is awesome!

gaminginsane
12-02-2005, 06:05 AM
YUP!!! plus the missions are great too! I NEVER played single player on SOCOM 3, I thought it was so boring. But on Fireteam Bravo it's FUN!!!

j5tar
12-03-2005, 11:01 PM
what different modes can you play on socom ftb??? is it like counterstrike?? i might pick this game up since u guys say its so good

ElessarBarton
12-05-2005, 02:01 AM
YUP!!! plus the missions are great too! I NEVER played single player on SOCOM 3, I thought it was so boring. But on Fireteam Bravo it's FUN!!!

Socom 3's single player was good, but long (thank god for checkpoints)...where as Socom Fireteam Bravo is something you can jsut pick up and play and have fun. Gotta love the 14 missions plus the instant action missions too.

gaminginsane
12-05-2005, 05:42 AM
Yup, that's what I mean. I was SOOO BORED playing the SOCOM 3 missions. The FTB missions are fun and interesting. I'm not bored playing them... But for modes, the most I know about counterstrike is it's online. with FTB, you can play the single player missions or online with 8 people per team (seals vs terrorists) and there are things you have to do to win. OR, just elliminate the other team, which ever happens first.

SoulReaver
12-08-2005, 01:45 AM
Well a game called Tokobot just came out. Seems pretty good and actually something original. Its only $30 too! I'll be sure to pick it up sometime. All of its reviews seem to be pretty good, though I heard its only 8 hours long.

hot dog
01-09-2006, 08:15 AM
It's nice to see more fans of Socom Fireteam Bravo. It's the best shooter on the PSP. The controls are much better than Coded Arms, imho. I'm digging the single player campaign so far. I noticed it interwines with the Socom 3 story. I haven't hooked 'em up to get my extra items/skins yet, but I'll get around to it in the near future. My friends say it plays extremely well online, too. Hardly any or no lag at all. Pretty impressive for a handheld that gets 12 player vs matches. I haven't played Ad-Hoc with more than 5 people so I haven't tested the max ad-hoc multiplayer mode which supports up to 16.

Dangerous Dan
02-08-2006, 07:13 AM
you know, as good of a game as SOCOM FTB is, i can't help but think at least one of these new ppl that decided to sign up just to post about FTB might be a viral marketer... but hey, i'm a little paranoid by naturem so just ignore me ;)

tehGooblin
02-21-2006, 11:08 PM
I'd definitely have to say the new SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo game is my favorite, especially if you're a fan of shooters It's ridiculous how the PSP can work along with the PS2 - I love it! I've always been a fan of the series, and this game just goes to show how great it can be even on a handheld. Definitely check it out.

SoulReaver
02-22-2006, 12:00 AM
you know, as good of a game as SOCOM FTB is, i can't help but think at least one of these new ppl that decided to sign up just to post about FTB might be a viral marketer... but hey, i'm a little paranoid by naturem so just ignore me ;) Hmmm, another one. Getting very suspicious.

Dangerous Dan
02-23-2006, 12:42 AM
Hmmm, another one. Getting very suspicious.

or maybe it's all you :P