PDA

View Full Version : So what PC games are you psyched about?

SoulReaver
08-12-2005, 04:47 PM
Man, so many games coming out on the PC that I want in late 2005.

FEAR
The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Age Of Empire 3
Black and White 2
Quake 4
Serious Sam 2 (despite the whole DM thing, I can't deny the fact that I am anticipating how SP turns out)
Dungeon Siege 2
Indigo Prophecy

Asian Invasian
08-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Quake 4, im not really anxious about anything else, and i can definenetly say SS2 isnt looking good to me.

OUTLAWS Tip
08-12-2005, 05:18 PM
None
:(

EXEcution
08-12-2005, 05:42 PM
None
Aw Tip! Come on wouldn't you wanna give Quake 4 a quick test run when it comes out (or a demo)? Dunno if you bought yourself a new vid card yet but an ATi 9800 or higher should run the game fine. :)

For me the #1 game I'm looking foward to is indeed Quake 4! Can't wait to play both the MP and SP. From what I've read so far about MP, it WILL NOT be a dissapointment like Doom 3, but a fast and worthwhile experience where you can play a game to 100 frags and not get sick of it. :D

Not into the RTS or RPG games much anymore (too much thinking and not enough killing LOL). But I remember playing the Dungeon Seige 1 demo and enjoying it so I'll be sure to download the DS2 demo when I come home.

With SS2 I think I'll just have to wait and see seeing as how all hype for it has basically gone out the window and we're left with a PROMISE from Croteam. :bawling:

SoulReaver
08-12-2005, 05:45 PM
Aw Tip! Come on wouldn't you wanna give Quake 4 a quick test run when it comes out (or a demo)? Dunno if you bought yourself a new vid card yet but an ATi 9800 or higher should run the game fine. :)

For me the #1 game I'm looking foward to is indeed Quake 4! Can't wait to play both the MP and SP. From what I've read so far about MP, it WILL NOT be a dissapointment like Doom 3, but a fast and worthwhile experience where you can play a game to 100 frags and not get sick of it. :D

Not into the RTS or RPG games much anymore (too much thinking and not enough killing LOL). But I remember playing the Dungeon Seige 1 demo and enjoying it so I'll be sure to download the DS2 demo when I come home.

With SS2 I think I'll just have to wait and see seeing as how all hype for it has basically gone out the window and we're left with a PROMISE from Croteam. :bawling: The DS2 demo is ok...graphics are outdated though. Story doesn't seem to be too intriguing. I might get it someday in the bargain bin.

OUTLAWS Tip
08-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Nope, I liked the original Quake. Don't care for any of the newer versions and that goes for all the UT's games too.

SoulReaver
08-12-2005, 06:16 PM
Nope, I liked the original Quake. Don't care for any of the newer versions and that goes for all the UT's games too.
:( Eh why not? I thought Q3 was a blast with CTF. Played just that mode for a year. I don't like the new UT's either, but I always get them for the awesome mods that come out. Besides that, the only thing I like about em are those rat maps. Such a blast.

BobtheCkroach
08-12-2005, 06:39 PM
I think I'm most intrigued by Indigo Prophecy - i think it's got a lot of potential, just b/c it's so darn original. I think Quake 4 looks good, and with both that and SS2 coming out in Oct. (q4 is listed on a bunch of sites as oct 11), I don't know which I'll get for my b-day. I think what I'm most excited about, however, is Half-life 2: Aftermath - I loved HL2 and can't wait for more! (though I'm not thrilled about playing as Alyx)

In any event, I'd say my voting is

HL2: Aftermath (assuming it comes out this fall...)
Indigo Prophecy
Quake 4
SS2.

The rest I couldn't care less about.

Silent Sam
08-12-2005, 07:25 PM
My list:

1 Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
- this game just looks plain amazing. I wasnt a huge fan of Morrowind but it looks like they fixed every single thing that I didn't like about it. Awesome potential.

2 Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
- a sci-fi version of Battlefield 2? I'm all over that.

3 Quake 4
- looking forward to both the MP and the SP in this one

4 Black and White 2
- first one was cute but flawed...this one looks pretty interesting.

Other than that, FEAR looks good but I'm not sure if my nerves can handle being in the middle of a horror movie.

MR. SLiK
08-12-2005, 07:38 PM
in no particular order:

Quake IV
Prey
Heroes of Might and Magic V
Supreme Commander
Serious Sam 2

TurlockJC
08-12-2005, 11:17 PM
SS 2
Quake 4
fear

08-13-2005, 03:36 AM
Quake 4
Heroes of Might and Magic 5 (I didn't even know this was coming until I read this thread!!)

Would've been psyched for Sam 2, but no DM out of the box...I'm not much for single player anymore even though it looks good

BlackWolf
08-13-2005, 08:58 AM
SS 2
Quake 4
fear

:thumbs:

same

Sauron
08-13-2005, 09:36 AM
Just a few games

Prey
Spore (i like the idea behind this game, just need to see how it turns out)
Sam2
Quake 4