PDA

View Full Version : GameMecca Fantasy Football Signups Now Open

SALvation
08-12-2005, 05:09 PM
Once again, we are having a fantasy football league this year through Yahoo. To join the league, click this link:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/joinprivateleague

And use this info to signup:

League ID: 405895
Password: gamemecca

This was a ton of fun last year so please signup if you're interested. For those that were in last year, there will be one stat change this year...Kickoff and punt return touchdowns will be worth 6 points for the team that returned it. This team would be your defensive team.

Asian Invasian
08-12-2005, 05:47 PM
Error:
• This league is not registered in this game. (Error #272)
• This league is from the free game. (Error #271)

Thats from the link, maybe im just stupid though...

EXEcution
08-12-2005, 05:51 PM
My guess it's the latter. But I get the same error when I try to register. Not that I want to.

SALvation
08-12-2005, 06:16 PM
Go ahead and try now. I had the wrong link in my post.

SoulReaver
08-12-2005, 06:19 PM
Dang, if only they had a Fantasy Basketball game, I don't like football.

FUS1ON
08-12-2005, 06:25 PM
I'm so ready for the season to get here! Thanks Sal! :thumbs:

I'm going to say one thing and then shutup about it forever ... maybe. If you sign up, please, please, please keep up with your team every week by setting your roster. If you sign up and take quality players away from the other teams in the league and then don't use them, it's no fun for us when we could be using them. I'd hate to see a replay of lastyear when someone didn't take it seriously, still made the playoffs and almost won it all. :rolleyes:

SoulReaver
08-12-2005, 06:32 PM
You guys made the playoffs last year?

SALvation
08-12-2005, 06:34 PM
Right now we are set to accept 14 teams overall, with the top 8 meeting in the playoffs over the last 3 weeks of the regular season. If we have more/less signup, I can adjust that number that make it to the post-season.

FUS1ON
08-12-2005, 06:37 PM
I'm registered as the S'port City Outlaws.

Sal are we using the auto draft again this year?

SALvation
08-12-2005, 06:41 PM
Yes it's an auto-draft again where you pre-rank your players, and the Yahoo conducts the draft for you. We won't have the draft until the last week of the preseason so that we'll have all preseason to determine our ranks.

FUS1ON
08-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Saweeet!

BobtheCkroach
08-12-2005, 07:02 PM
Make way for The Cockroaches!

FUS1ON
08-12-2005, 11:15 PM
Someone sent me a PM asked me how to play fantasy football. Instead of PM’ing it back, I’ll post 'MY' interpretation on how it’s done here so if there is someone else that thinks it’s too hard to do, they can see that it’s really not.

I’ve always heard or seen fantasy leagues and thought it was something that was really involved or time consuming, so I didn’t play or bother even to ask how to play. Last year was my first ever and going in I didn’t know squat about this stuff and figured it out as I went. It’s really simple and only takes about 15-20 minutes a week doing research to set your lineup.

Draft:
Normally everyone gets online and takes turns picking players from a pool until they have their limit of players that the league allows which is 15, just like in the real NFL draft and it takes forever, but we are using the auto draft system so Yahoo will do the picking for us. You still need to set the players in the order you think they should be with #1 ranking being the highest or better performer in your opinion. Yahoo runs the draft automatically and uses your list when it’s your turn to pick a player. It selects for you the highest ranked player on your list that is still available. I believe they use this order in making the picks, QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF and then 6 other highest ranked players as backups.

Last year I used the draft lineup that Yahoo sets for you and ended up with some really good players. The only changes I made to the Yahoo list were to remove some injured players or players with legal problems that I knew were going to be out for an extended time if not the whole season.

Waiver pool:
If you end up with a player or players you don’t like, is injured, has legal problems (trust me it happens), etc … you can cut them, then select another player or players from the waiver pool. The waiver pool is made up of players that didn’t get selected in the draft by other teams. Once you cut a player they have to clear waivers (go into the waiver pool) before another team can select them, which takes 2 days for them to clear waivers. In this league Sal has set it up so we have unlimited waiver actions which in my opinion makes it way more fun. Teams can only pick up players up until a certain date, our cut off will be Nov, 18th, 2005.

Trades:
If you want to trade a player, on Yahoo you can send an offer of trade explaining what you want to do. I believe there is a default email setting that sends you an email when you get an offer, it will also tell you when you log onto Yahoo. I don’t think we had a single trade last year, but we only had 8 teams so everyone had good players and the waiver pool was pretty well stocked with decent players.

Can’t cut players:
There are some players that are of such high value that you can’t cut them. This keeps a team that isn’t going to make the playoffs from trading them to a friend so they can stack their team with great players that is going to the playoffs. Keeps things fair. What sucks is to have 2 of these type players injured on your team and then can’t play or trade or cut them. It happened to me last year.

What you have to do weekly:
Each week you need to select a player for each the following positions QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF. You will want to look at things like how a player is doing so far in the season or how he has done against a team in the past in making your picks or the color of his hair or whatever method you use. How those players perform in their games determines your team’s points.

How points are calculated:
Passing Yards (50 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-2)
Rushing Yards (20 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Reception Yards (20 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Sack (1)
Interception (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Block Kick (2)
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6)
Points Allowed 0 points (10)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)

How you win or lose:
Each week your team goes up against another team from the league, for instance Sal versus Term. Whoever has the highest points total wins the game (match) between you two for that week.

That’s it.

If someone sees something that is wrong, by all means please point it out.

Asian Invasian
08-12-2005, 11:41 PM
slowly but surely understanding, thanks buddy.

Thundarr
08-13-2005, 12:55 AM
Thundarrcats are in!! Whee! :thumbs:

FUS1ON
08-13-2005, 12:59 AM
slowly but surely understanding, thanks buddy.

No problem AS (Almost looks like Ass :P ) and sorry about not PM'ing the instructions back to you, just thought some others might benefit from it as well. If you get stuck during the season, just hollar.

Asian Invasian
08-13-2005, 01:19 AM
No problem AS (Almost looks like Ass :P ) and sorry about not PM'ing the instructions back to you, just thought some others might benefit from it as well. If you get stuck during the season, just hollar.Ok, i probably will get stuck so expect a few pm;s coming, thanks :)
ps. i get that ass comment alot :P

KAT
08-13-2005, 07:36 AM
I am the Stupid Blondes :D

Doc Holliday
08-13-2005, 07:39 AM
FrEaKsHoW for the WIN

Eric
08-13-2005, 11:42 AM
i joined as 'Monkeys' :D

EdoG
08-14-2005, 01:38 AM
signed up

EdoG
08-14-2005, 01:41 AM
Whens the draft?

Pure_Evil
08-15-2005, 09:38 AM
Look out for the Poon Warriors :D

Asian Invasian
08-15-2005, 05:02 PM
Look out for the Poon Warriors :DLOL:P

FUS1ON
08-15-2005, 05:19 PM
Whens the draft?

Good question and if I had to guess, it's going to be after pre-season or close to when it's over. That way we have the chance to remove injured players from our draft lists.

BobtheCkroach
08-15-2005, 05:40 PM
Yes it's an auto-draft again where you pre-rank your players, and the Yahoo conducts the draft for you. We won't have the draft until the last week of the preseason so that we'll have all preseason to determine our ranks.

SAL already answered the draft question...

Thundarr
08-28-2005, 11:25 PM
Is first regular season game this coming Thursday? I thought that's what they said on this special about the 36th Season of Monday Night Football earlier today... :thumbs: I'm dying to see what kind of team I end up with!

SALvation
08-29-2005, 03:01 AM
How does gaving our draft this Wednesday sound? Have your draft rankings done by Tuesday and the auto-draft will take care of the rest.

Thundarr
08-29-2005, 05:10 AM
How does gaving our draft this Wednesday sound? Have your draft rankings done by Tuesday and the auto-draft will take care of the rest.

Fine by me! :thumbs:

FUS1ON
08-29-2005, 03:14 PM
Make it happ'n Capt'n

Pure_Evil
08-29-2005, 05:31 PM
:hmmm: what's "gaving"????? :dunno:

BobtheCkroach
08-29-2005, 07:16 PM
:hmmm: what's "gaving"????? :dunno:

I think he meant "having".

SALvation
08-29-2005, 07:52 PM
Sorry. "having".

BTW the season starts next Thursday, not this Thursday, but lets still plan for the draft on Wednesday.

BobtheCkroach
08-29-2005, 08:23 PM
Sorry. "having".

BTW the season starts next Thursday, not this Thursday, but lets still plan for the draft on Wednesday.

Sounds good - can't wait!

FUS1ON
08-29-2005, 09:06 PM
I've already got my draft list completed and it's going to pwnzor you all! :thumbs:

You can check it out in the attached .txt file.

BobtheCkroach
08-29-2005, 10:19 PM
I've already got my draft list completed and it's going to pwnzor you all! :thumbs:

You can check it out in the attached .txt file.

ROFL! I was thinkin', 'Sho, you idiot!'

ha ha ha - Thanks for the laugh :thumbs:

Hammertime
08-30-2005, 12:16 AM
I'm signed up as Sportin Wood. It says the draft won't happen if there's an odd number of teams, so if you need to cut someone feel free to cut Term's team. He's a sore loser and I'd hate to hear him whine when I stomp his butt :P

Hammertime
08-30-2005, 02:11 PM
You probably left the rankings on default and then made your weekly picks based on how pretty the players' uniforms were.

SALvation
08-31-2005, 08:11 PM
A couple of people have asked for a bit more time so the auto-draft will take place this Saturday. Have your rankings set.

SALvation
08-31-2005, 08:32 PM
BTW, we still have 1 spot open and I'd really like to have an even amount of teams so that nobody has any by-weeks. Anyone interested in that last spot?

EdoG
09-01-2005, 01:16 AM
1 more person. Hurry b4 Sat :thumbs:

FUS1ON
09-03-2005, 07:27 PM
Any idea what time today the draft will be held?

SALvation
09-03-2005, 11:14 PM
It just says between now and midnight Wednesday.

FUS1ON
09-04-2005, 12:33 AM
Thanky sir. I slipped Yahoo some virtual $$$ to get the players I want. :D

EdoG
09-04-2005, 01:23 AM
Thanky sir. I slipped Yahoo some virtual $$$ to get the players I want. :D

LOL! I want LT

FUS1ON
09-04-2005, 02:56 PM
Last year every team had 4-5 superstars, but with this many teams this year it's going to a little different.

So how does everyone like the players you got? Who are your superstars and who are your dogs?

FUS1ON
09-04-2005, 04:54 PM
Here is how I break down my team. Ratings: ***** = Best, * = Worst

QB:
Drew Brees (SD)*****
Carston Palmer (Cin)***

WR:
Randy Moss (Oak)*****
Nate Burleson (Min)****
Jimmy Smith (Jac)****
A. Randle El (Pit)****
David Patten (Was)****

RB:
Dominick Davis (Hou)****
Rudi Johnson (Cin)****
Maurice Hicks (SF)**

TE:
L.J. Smith (Phi)***
Mark Campbell (Buf)***

K:
Shayne Graham (Cin)*****
Jay Feely (NYG)****

DEF:
Buffalo*****

I love the new "Trading Block" feature they added this year. :thumbs:

You can put players on there that you would consider trading and also list your team's needs. Click your team's page and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "View Trading Block". I've already updated my want to trades and needs, I need a third RB.

Eric
09-04-2005, 05:24 PM
QB:
Donovan Mcnabb (Phi)*****
Jake Delhomme (Car)***

WR:
Derrick Mason (Bal)****
Plaxico Burress (NYG)****
Marcus Robinson (Min)***
Andre' Davis (NE)**

RB:
Kevin Barlow (SF)***
Ronnie Brown (Mia)***
Michael Pittman (TB) ***

TE:
Antonio Gates (SD)*****
George Wrighster (Jac)*

K:
Adam Vinatieri (NE)*****
Phil Dawson (Cle)***

DEF:
Philadelphia*****
Kansas City ***

i think i'm in desperate need of some running backs..

BobtheCkroach
09-04-2005, 06:36 PM
QB:
Joey Harrington (DET)**** (i'm expecting performance this year!)
Chad Pennington (NYJ)***
Alex Smith (SF)* - ***** (he's a risky rookie bet!)

WR:
E. Kennison (KC)****
T. Houshmandzedah (CIN)***
Ke. Johnson (DAL)***
J. Gaffney (HOU)**

RB:
B. Westbrook (PHI)*****
D. Foster (CAR)***
J. Bettis (PIT)**

TE:
T. Gonzalez (KC)*****

K:
J. Elam (DEN)****
J. Kasay (CAR)**

DEF:
Baltimore*****
Seattle***

I definitely need another RB - a WR might come in handy, but Keyshawn could be a blessing if Bledsoe kicks in the Offense...I probably wouldn't mind trading up one of my QBs...they're all extremely so-so (and smith is just a risky bet)

FUS1ON
09-04-2005, 10:45 PM

You can put players on there that you would consider trading and also list your team's needs. Click your team's page and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "View Trading Block". I've already updated my want to trades and needs, I need a third RB.

I made a mistake, that section down there changes everytime you open that page. To find the Trading block select the Players tab then you will see the Trading block.

Thundarr
09-05-2005, 02:44 AM

QB:
Brett Farve (GB)*****
Kurt Warner (ARZ)****

WR:
Eric Moulds (BUF)****
Robert Ferguson (GB)****
Joey Galloway (TB)****
Troy Edwards (TEN)*****
Charles Rogers (DET)***

RB:
Tiki Barber (NYG)*****
Duce Staley (PIT)*****
Marshall Faulk (STL)****

TE:
Jermaine Wiggins (MIN)****
Jim Kleinsasser (MIN)***

K:
Ryan Longwell (GB)*****
Mike Nugent (NYJ)***

DEF:
Indianapolis *****

I definitely need a TE so I don't miss out on points if Minnesota has a bye!

SALvation
09-05-2005, 03:21 AM
This is going to be an exciting season because role players are going to come into play with so many teams in the league. Now to go update my trading block...

FUS1ON
09-06-2005, 06:03 AM
Sal and Bob you guys have got that mega deal going on. Last year we didn't have a single trade and we start off with a four player this year, that's more like it.

I didn't know it shows the rest of the teams the trade info and that the other teams get to vote yay or nay on it.

SALvation
09-06-2005, 01:40 PM
I got lucky and got 2 great quarterbacks so I was able to shop one around for a decent RB. After this I should be set for opening day.

FUS1ON
09-07-2005, 10:46 PM
There is a game tomorrow night, don't forget to set your lineup.

FUS1ON
09-08-2005, 03:30 PM
Yahoo has been busy during the off season adding stuff, I like the new feature where you can vote on the matchups.

Sal did you vote for yourself? :P

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/589/week17sk.jpg

SALvation
09-08-2005, 03:32 PM
No comment. :)

Pure_Evil
09-08-2005, 06:11 PM
No comment. :)
:rolleyes: a rarity! :D

FUS1ON
12-19-2005, 06:52 PM
I'm so ready for the season to get here! Thanks Sal! :thumbs:

I'm going to say one thing and then shutup about it forever ... maybe. If you sign up, please, please, please keep up with your team every week by setting your roster. If you sign up and take quality players away from the other teams in the league and then don't use them, it's no fun for us when we could be using them. I'd hate to see a replay of lastyear when someone didn't take it seriously, still made the playoffs and almost won it all. :rolleyes:

To the four of you that can't read and ate up the waiver player pool for the rest of us this year, i'd like to give you a special thanks http://img344.imageshack.us/img344/9791/nutkick9yz.gif :D

BobtheCkroach
12-19-2005, 07:01 PM
To the four of you that can't read and ate up the waiver player pool for the rest of us this year, i'd like to give you a special thanks http://img344.imageshack.us/img344/9791/nutkick9yz.gif :D

Well aren't we cocky? :P

I tried...I kept up...I just sucked...

FUS1ON
12-19-2005, 07:29 PM
I know you tried bud, but I need a TE (and a WR or 2) so bad right now it's pathetic and Sal is so bad off that he is taking the ones I cut so it's pretty bad. :P

If you check the stats, 7-8 of the best TEs right now are on those 4 teams not even being used and that gets pretty aggravating for those of us that tried this year.

That's ok, we will get thru this season and next year will be different. ;)

BobtheCkroach
12-19-2005, 07:54 PM
I know you tried bud, but I need a TE (and a WR or 2) so bad right now it's pathetic and Sal is so bad off that he is taking the ones I cut so it's pretty bad. :P

If you check the stats, 7-8 of the best TEs right now are on those 4 teams not even being used and that gets pretty aggravating for those of us that tried this year.

That's ok, we will get thru this season and next year will be different. ;)

Can I still cut guys so you can use them? If I can do that, I'd be glad to.

FUS1ON
12-19-2005, 08:52 PM
Please do not any of you do that. That's not the point I was trying to make.

I will not take any of the players that are cut and I would hope the rest of the teams will do the fair thing and not take them either.

FUS1ON
12-19-2005, 08:54 PM
I see you already cut them. :( Sal can you fix that before someone picks them up?

FUS1ON
12-22-2005, 01:02 AM

QB:
Drew Brees (SD)*****
Carston Palmer (Cin)***

WR:
Randy Moss (Oak)*****
Nate Burleson (Min)****
Jimmy Smith (Jac)****
A. Randle El (Pit)****
David Patten (Was)****

RB:
Dominick Davis (Hou)****
Rudi Johnson (Cin)****
Maurice Hicks (SF)**

TE:
L.J. Smith (Phi)***
Mark Campbell (Buf)***

K:
Shayne Graham (Cin)*****
Jay Feely (NYG)****

DEF:
Buffalo*****

Looking back at what I thought was a pretty good team now looks like i'm lucky to have made the playoffs at all. Crap and I do mean CRAP WRs with the exception of Housh and I picked him via a trade, Palmer and my RBs saved my butt, well that and 43 waiver moves, 2nd only to Term's 47, we have been busy with the SLIM @#$%& pickings trying to keep afloat. :rolleyes:

QB:
Drew Brees (SD)***** Had to trade due to bye week problem, more like a 3.5
Carston Palmer (Cin)*** I was wrong, This guy is a 5 star Stud!!!

WR:
Randy Moss (Oak)***** Waaaay the @#$% off, more like a 1. MAJOR BUST
Nate Burleson (Min)**** Carried 1/2 of the season thru his injury then dropped. BUST!
Jimmy Smith (Jac)**** A so so WR and more like a 2.5, what sucks is he was my best WR for most of the season. :mad:
A. Randle El (Pit)**** More like a 2.5, traded for Lee Evans and then dropped him.
David Patten (Was)**** Dropped and he is still in the waiver pool if you want him. Bring crutches, he is on IR.

RB:
Dominick Davis (Hou)**** Steady 4 star RB
Rudi Johnson (Cin)**** Steady 4 star RB
Maurice Hicks (SF)** Is this guy still even in the NFL?

TE:
L.J. Smith (Phi)*** Maybe a 2
Mark Campbell (Buf)*** Dropped early on, he's caught a whopping 16 catches WOW!

K:
Shayne Graham (Cin)***** 5 star Stud
Jay Feely (NYG)**** Dropped

DEF:
Buffalo***** More like a 2, but kept for half of the season and paid for it.