PDA

View Full Version : A Trip back to WinME

Caged Anger
08-14-2005, 03:13 PM
(phew)
definately realize why I got away from that now. I brought the old computer up from the grandma's where I store it in case of an emergency. Thought I'd bring it home to update it fast with my cable net. After spending 1/2 hour activating the ethernet card and networking, i finally got it finished...only to have it crash due to memory overload...lol

all in all, a typical winME experience ;) (Thank god for XP) :thumbs:

EXEcution
08-14-2005, 04:22 PM
Yes, Windows Millenium Edition has to be the worst Windows OS ever to be conceived. I remember my friend having it and at least once a week he would have a problem with it. We tried reformatting about 20 times and the same crap kept occuring. Thank god for any OS other than WinME.

TurlockJC
08-25-2005, 08:26 AM
I still use win ME but is not too bad once you have all updates from microsoft. If you dont have the updates oh man expect your computer to freeze at least two to three times per day:(

I still think though the ME stinks compare to XP:thumbs:

ME BIGGD01
08-25-2005, 03:00 PM
the problem with this os was that it is the least compatible os from microsoft. the support was horrible. it did fix a lot of the bugs with 98 but it lacked many of the 9x options you would need considering you were using this os/kernel. it should be used strictly for internet and not taken serious as a all around os. it usually runs fine for a few months but then look out. i see no reason to use it even if it was free. 98se or xp only:thumbs: .

<<Hybrid>>
08-25-2005, 06:15 PM
i love winme, it supports any old program made for win9x/2k/nt (well, almost) and is still easy to manage in dos

Mad Fox
08-25-2005, 08:37 PM
I would have to say Im partial to Win98