PDA

View Full Version : Opinion

Mad Fox
08-17-2005, 09:47 PM
How do the fine intelligent minds of Gamemecca feel abou the forced removal of the Jewish settlers in Palestine? Put yourself in both sets of shoes... Palestianian and Jewish?

TheMaster
08-17-2005, 11:42 PM
At first I saw it as an important step towards peace in the region, hoping that Israel and Palestine would both embrace this chance at ending the violence. But since Hamas and other militant groups have cheered and called it a victory for their cause and vowed continued anti-Israeli violence even after the last Jewish settler has left Gaza, I've been beginning to feel that this evacuation may be a mistake, that all we may be doing is appeasing the terrorists. The Palestinians have reason to be angry, the Gaza Strip and the West Bank have been occupied for 38 years, but I have no respect for extremists who use it as an excuse for bloodshed, for continued violence against innocent civilians. It's not just Palestinian militants, but today one angry Jewish settler shot and killed four Palestinians, sparking angry remarks from militants who are promising retaliation, putting any peace efforts even further in jeapordy. So I keep asking myself now, are they really any closer to ending five years of violence?

Mad Fox
08-18-2005, 01:46 AM
The one thing that i Can not get over is the fact that the settlers were asked to live there and now have to leave! HOw would you like to leave the place u have called home for 30+ years

TheMaster
08-18-2005, 03:03 AM
You see their dilemma over there? You see why I'm beginning to think more and more that this resettlement is a mistake?

Caged Anger
08-18-2005, 12:36 PM
I too was hopeful this would be a step towards peace in a turbulant area, but now that I've seen the images of what has come from it, this was a step in the opposite direction.

Die Hard
08-18-2005, 09:05 PM
Peace is never easy. IMO this is a positive step towards 'long term' peace.

Thundarr
08-18-2005, 10:33 PM
Peace is never easy. IMO this is a positive step towards 'long term' peace.

I certainly hope so, but I do feel really bad for people who called it home for 20-30 years... :(

SASQUATCH
08-19-2005, 09:15 AM
It's too bad the peace will not happen. . .

For over 5000 years it has been nothing but fighting and it's not going to stop.

The extremists that believe in what ever god that exist or any type of religion is what makes it difficult to have peace or whatever bull **** people believe in does not mix

I don’t see any peace ever coming for a long time until something really bad happens and like I said for over 5000 years nothing but fighting what makes you think it will stop because they left Gaza.

Scorch
08-19-2005, 10:01 AM
The remove is the right thing to do, and it's small step for peace. The strip will be running entirly by the Palestines and they will have the chance to settle things up by themsevles, but the future can be - 1. they will use terror and gain power in the strip which will make Israel to use armed forces against them, which will make the strip under no one comes or leaves. 2. they will stop terror and go to the table to make peace and step after step Israel will remove other zones in Yehuda and Shomron, in agreement that that the terror stops and then a Palestinian country will estabilish.

SASQUATCH
08-19-2005, 11:35 AM
The remove is the right thing to do, and it's small step for peace. The strip will be running entirly by the Palestines and they will have the chance to settle things up by themsevles, but the future can be - 1. they will use terror and gain power in the strip which will make Israel to use armed forces against them, which will make the strip under no one comes or leaves. 2. they will stop terror and go to the table to make peace and step after step Israel will remove other zones in Yehuda and Shomron, in agreement that that the terror stops and then a Palestinian country will estabilish.
No peace will happen and watch what will happen. . . .

Scorch
08-19-2005, 02:09 PM
No peace will happen and watch what will happen. . . .
what will happen? I suppose you know better than me...

TheMaster
08-19-2005, 02:28 PM
More likely there will just be more senseless bloodshed. As I noted earlier, the terrorists are calling this victory for their cause and are vowing to press on with the anti-Israeli violence after the withdrawl, and Israel is vowing retaliation for any attacks against them, and the Palestinian radicals are vowing retaliation for any retalitory strikes, and Israel is vowing retaliation for................ well you get the point.

SASQUATCH
08-19-2005, 05:56 PM
what will happen? I suppose you know better than me...
Actually it's pretty simple what will happen anyone can figure it out pal.

Again there will be no peace and a fight will break out again Scorch.

How easy can it be to predict what will happen

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one

:rolleyes:

SASQUATCH
08-19-2005, 05:58 PM
BTW Scorch I don't have to live there to know about Israel or the history of the middle east.

Scorch
08-19-2005, 07:36 PM
BTW Scorch I don't have to live there to know about Israel or the history of the middle east.That's one thing... but what if I tell you I know more info than you.. and if I say something its based on that info :thumbs:

Die Hard
08-19-2005, 07:38 PM
Peace has never come easy. To get peace you have to make tough decisions. I have more hope now than ever before....

SASQUATCH
08-19-2005, 08:19 PM
That's one thing... but what if I tell you I know more info than you.. and if I say something its based on that info :thumbs:Ok I tell you what I will speak to my good friend who is Israeli and he is here in NY and he can tell me everything and btw he use to be a solider and was in the war during 1967 the six day war. Also he has friends in high places because of his business.

I don't need to know I probably know it already Scorch. :D

Scorch when you come to NYC one day I will like to meet you and show you my friends. heheheh:D ;)

The Crimson Centurion
08-19-2005, 08:52 PM
If my country was given to a people who never had a homeland ...because they
won a war 40 years ago... you can be sure Id want my country back too..

giving them back a piece of the land that was rightfully theirs in the first place
isnt far fetched to me..

and oh.....I dont live there either but I READ !!

;)

OUTLAWS Tip
08-20-2005, 02:45 AM
I think it is a good thing. It was a Jewish olive leaf to the Palestinians. It should be a good thing. At least they made an real effort to progress. I support this effort but remain uncomfortable with some of the news I've seen with the Palestinian response. Time will tell, but I see it as a real act to help mend this conflict.
:hmmm:

TheMaster
08-20-2005, 02:49 AM
I sure hope you are right Tip. Because everything they have tried in the past has failed and led to only more violence, and right it seems that that's all this is doing.

Mad Fox
08-22-2005, 08:56 PM
It was reported today that the last settlers were forced to leave....