PDA

View Full Version : clever ppl of gm

MassacreAL
08-25-2005, 11:46 PM
well, i enjoy math and physics, but i dont know many ppl to talk about it. any ideas? :o

TheMaster
08-26-2005, 12:06 AM
I happen to do very good at math in school, I will be taking advanced algebra and geometry classes this year, as well as a chemistry course, but there's not much I know about that. Not yet anyways. If you can send me your MSN address in a PM, I will add you to my contacts, and we can start chatting. :)

Death Engineer
08-26-2005, 03:05 AM
Feel free to post questions and/or ideas here (Off Topic). However, since this site is oriented around gaming, I wouldn't expect much of a response to a discussion about sub atomic particles or number theory.

rancid monkey
08-26-2005, 10:13 AM
me is good at math but me is not good in eNglish http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v363/iambigwayne4/doh.gif

Die Hard
08-26-2005, 10:33 AM
This works the same with Dollars and any other currency:

3 guys go out for lunch, when the bill comes it's £30 so they each give £10. Simple.

2 minutes later the waiter comes back and says he made a mistake and the bill was only £25. So they all take £1 Pound back and give the waiter the remaining £2 as a tip. Got it so far?

So, each guy spent £9 each, that makes £27. They gave the waiter £2 as a tip. That makes £29. So, where did the other £1 go??????

rancid monkey
08-26-2005, 10:37 AM

3 guys go out for lunch, when the bill comes it's £30 so they each give £10. Simple.

2 minutes later the waiter comes back and says he made a mistake and the bill was only £25. So they all take £1 Pound back and give the waiter the remaining £2 as a tip. Got it so far?

So, each guy spent £9 each, that makes £27. They gave the waiter £2 as a tip. That makes £29. So, where did the other £1 go??????

No dad they all spent £25 on the food and £2 for the tip which makes £27 they all have £1 back each....I think :confused:

BobtheCkroach
08-26-2005, 04:14 PM

Isn't this simply an issue of tricky wordplay? If they each put in 10, 30 was given, and if they each took $1 out, then a net of 27 was given. Out of that, $2 was for the waitress - they didn't re-give that to her, so you don't add 2 to make $29. Unless I misunderstood.

MR. SLiK
08-26-2005, 04:37 PM
does anyone find irony in the title?

MassacreAL
08-28-2005, 08:42 PM
well it isnt easy. look at my small experiment: im one guy. ive got ten pound in my wallet. then ill pay all money what ive got. then ill get one pound back. ive got one pound(what a surprise :D ). my two friends have got one pound too. it means we three have got three pounds. waiter have got two pounds. its alright. but look at this: we`ve paid nine pound and 3*9 is 27 plus two pound to waiter is still 29. ARGH!!! only resolution could be ive paid 9 + 1/3, but ive got one pound in my wallet. can someone think about that? :rolleyes: ;)

rancid monkey
08-28-2005, 09:25 PM
does anyone find irony in the title?

irony, whats that?? :confused:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
08-28-2005, 09:27 PM
I don't do well with math. I had to pay my X's Dad to take my math classes for me.

FUS1ON
08-28-2005, 09:35 PM
I had to pay my X's Dad to take my math classes for me.

Dang bro how old was she? Please explain :confused:

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
08-28-2005, 09:40 PM
LOL. At the time she was 24 and I was 20. Her dad was in his mid 50's. They don't take
attendance in college. So I basically showed up the first day found out when the tests were and paid him 100 bucks a pop to show up and take them for me. Those were the only B's I ever got in school. Everything else came fairly easy to me but math was such a nightmare that I would have failed.

FUS1ON
08-28-2005, 09:55 PM
Whew bro you had me scared. I thought you were talking about high school or lower and your motto was "Old enough to pee, old enough for me". :P

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
08-28-2005, 10:10 PM
Whew bro you had me scared. I thought you were talking about high school or lower and your motto was "Old enough to pee, old enough for me". :P

:rofl:This ain't Costa Rica