PDA

View Full Version : Donnie Darko

SoulReaver
08-26-2005, 09:31 PM
I saw the Director's Cut of this movie a few months ago, and wow, I loved it. One of my top 5 movies. I heard that the DC version gave away of the mystique the original had. The movie is pretty confusing, one where you have to see it over and over again ( and want to :D). Anyone else seen it? I am gonna buy the original pretty soon and then the DC. I love this movie so much! The story is about a kid named Donnie who sees a rabbit named Frank who tells him the world is going to end. I know it may sound kinda stupid but its very good, deals with time travel and stuff. If you don't believe me about it being good go and read some reviews about it. The soundtrack is awesome too.

Smurf

SASQUATCH
08-26-2005, 11:44 PM
Ashton Kutcher - The movie The Butterfly Effect was impressive and hate the 70's show it really sucks and not funny at all but he was impressive in that movie.

The other movie was Timeline where these archaeological students travel back into the 14th century France was not so bad and pretty fun to watch and Frequency.

Time Machine the old version is a classic old flick and as for the new version it was ok.

ME BIGGD01
08-27-2005, 12:57 AM
c'mon, the 70's show rocks:D .

BobtheCkroach
08-27-2005, 02:55 AM
I saw the Director's Cut of this movie a few months ago, and wow, I loved it. One of my top 5 movies. I heard that the DC version gave away of the mystique the original had. The movie is pretty confusing, one where you have to see it over and over again ( and want to :D). Anyone else seen it? I am gonna buy the original pretty soon and then the DC. I love this movie so much! The story is about a kid named Donnie who sees a rabbit named Frank who tells him the world is going to end. I know it may sound kinda stupid but its very good, deals with time travel and stuff. If you don't believe me about it being good go and read some reviews about it. The soundtrack is awesome too.

Smurf

No offense, but once was enough for me (well, technically it was 1 too many times).

Gun Element
08-27-2005, 11:32 PM
I love that movie! (but hate "That 70's show") I saw the original 2 times and the Directors Cut once. I have both and have showed them to my friends, which in turn, loved the movie as well. I had to explain to all of them what happened and wtf was going on, but I thought that was the best part. :)

Grace Saunders
08-28-2005, 12:13 AM
I believe there are a few songs by Tears For Fears in this movie.

Gun Element
08-28-2005, 02:09 AM
I believe there are a few songs by Tears For Fears in this movie.

Mad World......the song is so touching.... *tear*

SoulReaver
08-29-2005, 03:37 PM
Mad World......the song is so touching.... *tear*Gary Jules plays the cover for it.