PDA

View Full Version : computer problem

Asian Invasian
08-28-2005, 12:50 AM
For like the past month, i have been getting horrible spikes they either look like a big blue 3 second spike, a big blue 10 second spike, or a full game of the attached image. im running adaware now, ill give you the details in a few minutes on how it changed.
any ideas on how to fix it?

OUTLAWS high ping camper
08-28-2005, 06:08 AM
Look for a forum for a program called "cablenut" (do a google search).
If you can't find it, go to extreme tech's site.

Bah.....I'm bored (at work).....just go to cablenut.com....gosh that was easy :)

Caged Anger
08-28-2005, 12:49 PM
you probably have parasite adware or a virus of some sort, so adaware should help. Would recommend downloading 5 different programs though as no 2 use the same database

EXEcution
08-28-2005, 01:11 PM
Don't let your sister sit on the computer and check your ISP and run some tests on www.dslreports.com.

ME BIGGD01
08-28-2005, 11:20 PM
why is it when ever someone gets spikes in a game they think it's a virus or spyware? sure it could be true but adding loads of software does not always resovle anything.

spikes happen. it could even be from your isp. check your running processes. check to see if your virus software is updating when you are playing. it could be a million things but try to figure it out before you install another piece of software that needs to check for updates which will cause the same spikes.

Asian Invasian
08-29-2005, 03:24 AM
its a problem on my line... agree too though, everygives me spyware answers and its always completely off.
Anyway i called my isp and thye are coming to fix their stupidness :D

ME BIGGD01
08-29-2005, 06:36 AM
i had an issue with my line also a few months back and time after time optonline told me that the signal was fine. i told the moron on the phone that it's not fine and that i am not getting what i am paying for. the guy argued with me until i asked him how he was checking my signal to inform him everything was fine. he said that he was looking into the cable modem. i then said well so am i and the f'ing signal is not fine. he then agreed after he realized he was the one that did not know what he was talking about.

goto browser and type 192.168.100.1
check signal and power level and report back.

TurlockJC
08-29-2005, 06:41 AM
Sometimes I get bad spikes like that too because I have a bad cable I am too lazy to replace it lol:D

Asian Invasian
08-29-2005, 12:23 PM
-9 dBmV idk exactly what you are looking for but thats right now, it gets really bad at cetain times of the day and its fine in the morning,
here is my log file idk wtf this is supposed to do but it looks important :P

edit: btw thats only half the page, tell me if you want the other half...

ME BIGGD01
08-29-2005, 04:37 PM
try this

you have a direct line coming from the pole (cable line) which is then split into televisions and cable modem. you should have a line coming from the first split into your cable modem which is using your phone and internet and then split off the other line for the televisions. then check if signal gets better. if it still seems laggy (you will notice this on your tv also when watching a show on hbo or other) you need to call cable company and tell the to run a direct line for your internet. you can not be sweet to them either when you are on the phone. when they send the cable guy over be cool with him or she and tell them you want a new line and tip him some $$ (tips work wonders).