PDA

View Full Version : just curious

ME BIGGD01
09-04-2005, 04:58 AM
what do you people think or how do you feel about the "nobody cares for the black people" "to help the poor, the black people, the less well-off as slow as possible." "George Bush doesn't care about black people." comments.

i will respond to with my opinion.

first of all i feel that this argument is getting weak or i am getting tired of these people blaming white people for their problems. i am sick and tired of jesse jackson always bringing the race card out when black people are involved. i am sick that black people don't tell them to shut the f up. i am sick of these non talented rappers who have the iq of 10 and the lyrics of a 9 yr old claiming the man or whitey keeps them down. i wish for once there would be black people to stand up and take responsibility for their actions. these punks have never been slaves yet they claim to be held down. they are making millions and millions singing about rape, bitches, gangs, violence, drugs and every other thing that is negative that these dumb kids find it so cool. i am sick and tired of being held accountable for their lack of pride. i have never been a slave and i have never owned one. they have never been a slave but they probably had ancestors that were. guess what, i am irish and i have ancestors that were slaves also that had worst then american slaves.

West: I hate the way they portray us in the media. You see a black family, it says, "They're looting." You see a white family, it says, "They're looking for food." And, you know, it's been five days [waiting for federal help] because most of the people are black. And even for me to complain about it, I would be a hypocrite because I've tried to turn away from the TV because it's too hard to watch. I've even been shopping before even giving a donation, so now I'm calling my business manager right now to see what is the biggest amount I can give, and just to imagine if I was down there, and those are my people down there. So anybody out there that wants to do anything that we can help -- with the way America is set up to help the poor, the black people, the less well-off, as slow as possible. I mean, the Red Cross is doing everything they can. We already realize a lot of people that could help are at war right now, fighting another way -- and they've given them permission to go down and shoot us!

I am so sick of the race card being played and i am sure the comments from that retarded rapper hurt the overall help for the people in new orleans. why can't anyone see that these people are the ones that are rascist because they seem to only care for the black people. i find it hard to believe they think there were no white people who are suffering from the mess.

how about we add up what white people donated and what black people donated. i mean if white people don't care why would they donate or bother?

if you asked me white people are more tolerable to other races then any other race. we get ripped off and have to pay full price of everything but anyone not white gets to play the minority card. how is this equal? why do minorities get more college grants then white people? why do minorities get extra points on a test when they have not earned them? why is being equal mean that anyone who is a minority gets extra. if we lived in the 60's, i would say ok but today this is a big joke. it's a shame that for a white person that feels the way i do is considered a rascist. so be it!!!

as for anyone blaming bush for new orleans i just want them to realize it's the local governments fault first. i will say that things have moved very slow and they shouldnt have but the blame goes on the local government not doing what they should have. if they had done and prepared along with using the money they have been getting since 1965 to fix the levees. this would not have been as bad as it is which all people of america are going to suffer for. yes all races. they blame bush for cutting the budget but what happend all the years before bush? where did that money go?

for the families that stayed there also need to take some blame for stupidity. all i know is if i have my family there and they warn to leave, i am going to make sure my family is gone.

i can not help myself look away from this mess but it's disgusting to hear these pigs play the race crap.

BobtheCkroach
09-04-2005, 06:48 AM
Hmmm...touchy topic, BIGG.

I believe that there IS a lot of racism in the world, and I believe it goes both ways. I also believe that racism towards minorities is what generally grabs the media, b/c they're have the history/backstory to make it "newsworthy". I do think it's sad when you find things were a black person is assumed to be "looting" whereas a white person is "looking for food" (assuming the black person had food as well, not say, a big screen TV).

I don't mind pissing people off when I share that I support Bush, or whatever, but this topic in particular I feel very reserved in speaking - I guess b/c I lack the ability to understand the other side very well.

I generally agree w/ your thoughts on things like giving college breaks. If there is a colored person that earns a spot in a college, great, but if the kid has a worse gpa/act score/etc and gets in b/c of color, that's just reverse racism, in my mind.

Unfortunately, I think with even the most outgoing,accepting of households, racism - in one form or another - is built into our "values" system. I like to think of myself as a non-racist. I don't feel I'm better than any person just b/c they're not white. I've had the opportunity to grow up next to an apple orchard, and rode w/ mexicans on the bus everyday. I've worked w/ African-Americans and many other races at work and during college. One of my best friends in an adopted Korean. Despite all this, I find myself unconciously racist at some of the oddest times. For instance, we chuckle and laugh about jokes that take advantage of one race or another. The tagline "So, a black guy and an asian were..." has probably started out in 1000 different jokes. I've yet to hear the one that starts out "so this white guy..."

I think it's that unconcious racism that may make other races feel oppressed/victimized/unwelcome, despite the fact that we can't feel/understand it - we dont' realize we're doing it.

I think we focus too much on fighting the war at the wrong front, perhaps. If Ford had a car that was coming off the line, and it was well known that the car had a flat right tire, everytime, right off the line, what would happen? Of course, Ford would fix the problem, so that from the moment that car hit the street, the wheel is working. You wouldn't sell the cars w/ a damaged right wheel, requiring a trip to the auto shop as soon as they're purchased.

Similarly, you can't expect the world to change when we keep putting kids into society with a known defect. If we want to get anywhere, we need to start having kids enter society knowing that we're equal, not requiring that lesson. We spend so much time making things "fair" and "equal", and we do it for the right reasons. But what good does it do to give a thousand minority children a free ride to school, to fight the "unequal schooling" when we don't spend time raising the next generation to believe in equality? What good does it do to give people "breaks" when we see a news report on the kobe bryant rape trial and comment (as my grandpa did to me - thankfully when I was too old to take his words to heart) "all those black people ought to be kept in cages?"

That's my two cents. I'm not sure if I stayed on track w/ what you were asking, BIGG, but I got it off my chest anyhow! :thumbs: That oughta be enough deep thinking for the next week.

ME BIGGD01
09-04-2005, 07:05 AM
the looting comment was announced correctly. that's what i mean by taking responsibility for there actions. where was it ever said that white people were looking for food and blacks are looting. i was watching the news and saw the stores full of people and not once did they say anything but they are looting. and as for food, they were looting televisions, jewlery, and other stuff you can not eat. it is what it is and no matter what it was to be expected in this sought of thing. for any black person to say that white people are pointing fingers at them because they are black is just denial. it's like when you watch cops and the camera is showing you the guy is stealing and the the guy swears he didnt do, see or hear anything. it's all denial.

what sickens me and the reason i started this thread is that in N.O. there are many people dead, many people lost, many people f'd and they are white, they are black, they are in this country all races having a problem there and you have these scum-bags pushing the race card as this is a racial problem.

the problem is they are the real rascists. you never see these people defending anyone but black people. they feel that there are no equal rights and yet where is their equality? these people make rascism and that is my point. i am sick of it and all though some may feel it is a touchy subject, i will say it out loud because it's rascist toward me in this country where we should all be equal. people need to speak up and speak out because keeping quiet is all that is done while white people continue to get screwed and treated likethe devil when we are covering everything.

ME BIGGD01
09-04-2005, 07:09 AM
i almost forgot. you didnt hear these black people talking about the balck people shooting and killing the people that were trying to rescue them. you also didnt hear them mention the black mayor and governor who put all those people in this situation. they are the true blame for this ordeal and yet people still feel it's the presidents fault. how f'ing retarded are people?

SASQUATCH
09-04-2005, 12:07 PM
Topic tough one but in the news what was really funny was that they saw a black family looting supposedly when she had food in her hands but when they saw a white family they said they were getting food now that is a laugh and stereotype btw.

BTW if I was a cop and I saw a family looting for food I would only warn them but making sure they have what they need to live on while waiting for fu*ing help and I can’t blame then for looting for food because it is call survival.

Racism will exist forever and it doesn't have to be color but intellectually as well and lot's of it btw not just nationality etc.

We live in a world that doesn’t even come close to be human but barbarians because if you notice the greed and hatred etc that goes on this earth tells you that we are a long way of ever being normal or well behave in a matter of humanity.

I do notice one thing that when times are really hard you will see the best of people staying together and helping each other out without the government fuc*ing with it or some politician or President using it as an excuse, for example Iraq or fighting terrorism when it really is more about fuc*ing Oil and greed and using the people at there best when needed, that makes me so mad.

Slice
09-06-2005, 01:20 AM
One word. Emenim.

EXEcution
09-06-2005, 01:42 AM
One word. Emenim.
ROFL N1... ;) Eminem you mean?

Caged Anger
09-06-2005, 02:30 AM
racism will be prevalent wherever there is a difference in skin color

as for the current accusations of Bush being a racist and causing heck for black people because of it...i don't think so. By no means do i support his reaction to the situation, i don't think it was caused by racism.

IMHO i believe it was caused by incompetant individuals in positions of power that were unable to properly handle the situation.

ME BIGGD01
09-06-2005, 02:32 AM
racism will be prevalent wherever there is a difference in skin color

as for the current accusations of Bush being a racist and causing heck for black people because of it...i don't think so. By no means do i support his reaction to the situation, i don't think it was caused by racism.

IMHO i believe it was caused by incompetant individuals in positions of power that were unable to properly handle the situation.

this was the perfect post:thumbs:

TheMaster
09-06-2005, 02:34 AM
I'll only make one post in this thread, and that is to say that I agree with Caged and BIGG. I think it is ridiculous to say that racism was the cause of all the anarchy and chaos in that area. But what I think is the cause is what Caged just said, government officials who failed to adequately prepare for the aftermath. The situation appears to be improving now, the Army and the National Guard are in there now. But I think it could have been handled better.

Death Engineer
09-06-2005, 03:26 PM
The facts around this issue are pretty simple:

1. The poorest of the poor people were the majority of the ones that were left in New Orleans.

2. The poorest of the poor in NO were black.

3. The majority of those suffering in the entire La. region were black.

4. The response to the tragedy was too slow.

To say that those 4 things add up to any sort of racism at any government level seems ludicrous (no pun intended) to me. The facts are what they are. And we (USA) could do better in the future in responding. But let's don't blame it on racism that doesn't exist.

Personally, I believe that beauracracy (i.e. large government) breeds slow response times in just such times as this. I don't know exactly what caused the slow response, but racism is not high on the logical list.

On a side note, I have seen more stories from Houston and even here in Austin about how black people are changing how they feel about white people (from negative to positive) based on the generosity and spirit of grace and mercy they have seen in the wake of this awful time.

Die Hard
09-06-2005, 07:18 PM
This was simply because they were poor. Black, white makes no difference. They are all low on the insurance score card and that's what matters.