PDA

View Full Version : To all gods read this

Free Styler
02-07-2003, 02:24 AM
Ok now let fe begin by saying this.I've been told to go see your web site to see why i was banned from your server.I must say you are some paranoid freaks.This is what was stated of me.Free styler tryd to hack our server by selecting 4split screen and joining or server twice thus fulling the server and making it useless.Now let me tell you my version the server indicated 0/8 players.Well beileive or not yes i tryd to enter 2 times and doing so it whrote server full.Well i was perplex to why it did that and left. Now to gods i rarely play the game in the first place and to be honest being accused of such a ridiculous thing makes me well kinda pisset. On what basis to you accuse seomeone of hacking in the first place. Just so you know i don't know crap about puters cause i only had mine for 8 months and thus making me a amateur in all that kind of stuff. Second don't think i'll be wasting my time trying to hack peoples server.I like playing in them not bugging them. + the fact that i had the name free styler stop whinning was to make hey what the heck i'll tell you the reason to make a point at ephimerion to stop complaining when he looses when the game we played was fair and square. if any body accuses me of anything at least let me a chance to defend myself sending me a PM or something.i don't browse that much on forums and if your going to accuse me of anything at least have the decency to do it in my face.

Troop
02-07-2003, 03:13 AM
This is the original post:

There have been deliberate attempts to crash or hang the Gods server. I just happened to try and join a game tonight and was looking at ASE and the player spots said 0/8. So I went to join the game and it said server full. I tried to join again, on ASE it still said 0/8. Same response, server full. I connected to the server and checked the log file and some assclown joined the server with his screen split four ways without the default maps installed. Thus taking up four spots in the server. He joined twice then left which ties up all 8 spots because he has purposely removed the maps. His ip is 66.130.185.121 The name was "Quit your whining FS". This person is banned. I do not have the time or patience for idiots like this. People like this are trying to ruin the fun for everyone else and at our expense.

Slash was nice enough to send me all the banned ip's on the Outlaws servers. These people have been banned on Gods server as well. I ask that if anyone sees something funny or suspicious to please PM me the persons name ASAP. This way I can check the log, before the server restarts from crashing or something.

Thanks

SALvation
02-07-2003, 03:20 AM
How do you know he joined using 4-player split screen?

How do you know he deleted the default maps?

Why would he care about crashing your server?

OUTLAWS The Machine
02-07-2003, 03:23 AM
That is not FS's IP.

SALvation
02-07-2003, 03:25 AM
True. I just checked the alias database and it resolves to "Nick", not FreeStyler.

Troop
02-07-2003, 03:35 AM
Anyway, whoever it is, that ip is banned. BTW, isn't Nick the younger brother of Freestyler?

Troop
02-07-2003, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by SALvation@Feb 6 2003, 10:20 PM
How do you know he joined using 4-player split screen?

How do you know he deleted the default maps?

Why would he care about crashing your server?
Responses:

The log shows the ip connected 4 times without a disconnect.

Map removal is how you can get a server to hang and show with 0/8 with a "server full" message.

The last one, I don't know his reasons, only the facts of the server logs.

ME BIGGD01
02-07-2003, 04:54 AM
just read this and hope all send me ip's that are banned so i can insert them on my list. i think if all know that an ip will be banned from all popular servers they will not harass any of them. i frequent my logs and have to say i have been pretty safe and once in a while i see someone cursing about lag but thats ok as long as gamers don't get harrassed. i only had 1 problem with 1 person and there address is banned due to racial slurs and hate word which should not be tolerated at all. i am thankfull all has been good and people are happy with my server. if any of the server admins want my logs just e-mail me and i will zipp over the text files in response. i do not like the alias detector as it is useless with anyone who does not have static ip. i keep all logged for my own safety. i usually would not assume an attack unless i see a repeat of any tactic in logs. i hope people do not see this thread as now some who didnt know how to piss people off will do this. i think this is where we have to stick together and bann all that try to ruin it for others by banning on all servers.

please keep me informed by e-mail and pm-- not a thread as it will cause problems by the accused or by friends of the accused. i know the logs do not lie so thats the smoking gun. i will trace that ip to see if they ever logged on to my server. also please let me know if this was done o gods server more than once to see if it was definately deliberate. if only done once than it may have been accident but anymore than once within 24 hours---ban them and send notice to me and i will do the same.

again i have to say i have been lucky with those playing on the doa server and hope all stays good.

Ra\/en
02-07-2003, 05:03 AM
and the saga continues :lol:

Phoenix
02-07-2003, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by Ra\/en@Feb 7 2003, 05:03 AM
and the saga continues :lol:
heh heh :P

Free Styler
02-07-2003, 08:02 AM
ok i'll tell you something.Troop sent the original post ya that's ok.But i think he forgot to post what was mentinned next.Me being well a couple of these *** and ***.If you deleted those posts well fine.all i ask is for people to try and have respect towards other players.As for Nick hehe he is my older brother who plays whit my computer.Anyways like i said respect does not seem to be a issue for certain people overhere and unfortunatly that is to bad.Makes this kinda threads go on and on for what?for nothing but negetive posts.Anyways i'll finish saying this this is the last post i'll be making here in the forums.I just can't seem to find the use for me defending myself all the time because of ridiculous remarks.Anyways good luck to you all.Hope you enjoy yourself in fps games.And if i get banned well remember i use the 4 split screen double log trick.IT's always a winner :thumbs:

ME BIGGD01
02-07-2003, 09:08 AM
freestyle, i dont understand what this (And if i get banned well remember i use the 4 split screen double log trick.IT's always a winner ) means, please explain. and i don't know what happened yet you didnt explain it either. i do not see anyone attacking you so atleast explain your side. i am not sure from your post if it's a threat or if you are using sarcasm. i hope you post1 more time to answer, thanks.

Me(UK)
02-07-2003, 10:30 AM
Reading it, I should say heavy tones of sarcasm :shifty: .

Hey FS :cool:

ME BIGGD01
02-07-2003, 12:49 PM
[ Reading it, I should say heavy tones of sarcasm ]

:lol: :lol:

Ephemerion
02-07-2003, 03:56 PM
Freestyler,

I'm not sure where you get off telling me I'm a whiner, but if you took my final comment on Yodellar as an insult than maybe you shoulf evaluate why it made you so upset. The only thing I said to you was "good pups, I mean game" Maybe your English isn't that great so you didn't understand the word order, or didn't recognize the subtleties of a joke. Your reaction tells me you recognize you had a few power-ups but felt you won fair and square. You said I opened up the game with a pup, but the two games prior to that I entered the server with you glowing orange with ashotgun trained on my head. Some times you were even a deep red colour. FS, please avoid bashing me in the future, as its both unjustified (i don't complain when I lose, unless from blatant and excessive abuse of cheap-a*s power-ups. I think any player that has played against you recognizes that you have no qualms with getting every single pup you pass by. That's fine, its your choice, but I think we both know what happens to your game when you play without the stimulants. Need I bring up a pic of fortress from a while back where we said no pups. :thumbs:

Eph

Gametime
02-07-2003, 04:07 PM
Freestyler is bad guy / yes !

Free Styler
02-07-2003, 10:22 PM
ok i need to replie to this for what ephi said.Go ahead show the pic in forteress.I might also ad that i'm able to play whitout pups and do fairly well.yes indeed ephi you beated me in forteress when we played no pups a month ago or something.It had been what a month i'd played but still you beat me.But i'm sorry to say this but yodeller was not the only time i heard you say comments after a game.You probably know this but i use aliases.And pretty much each time i play you i get a comment.Hey your a good player ephi and i have no trouble admitting that.But like i said i rather here no gg from someone then a remark about pup abuse. and whenerver you want a rematch whit no pups let me know.Maybe i'll do better then you actully would think whit out them.

Dick Steel
02-08-2003, 05:31 PM
Free Styler is better than eph.
and eph, don't whine about power ups! :cool:

MR. SLiK
02-08-2003, 05:34 PM
has everyone gone mad? pups = little dogs, you psychos.

Nick
02-20-2003, 07:48 PM
:jammin: :jammin: FREE STYLER IS THE BEST: BAR NONE :jammin: :jammin:

Ephemerion
02-22-2003, 06:16 AM
perhaps...

Grimmy
02-22-2003, 06:38 AM
Nick, please don't bring up old threads. They are in the past, and no need to resurect them.