PDA

View Full Version : Good DS games?

SoulReaver
09-13-2005, 12:34 AM
My parents just bought the DS for my little sister since she's been begging for it for awhile. She got Nintendogs with it and its not my type of game. She said I can use it when she doesn't want to so my question is, "what are some good games for it?" I have been thinking about Advance Wars and Meteos, as those two games seem pretty fun. Now that I think of it...I used my money since they are work most of the time while EB is open and they said they would pay me back...yet they never did. :( Must go get my money back.

EXEcution
09-13-2005, 12:39 AM
My brother has one too. He has Super Mario 64, which is pretty fun but I am not into platformers much anymore. I bought him Rogue Agent which is pretty solid if you're looking for a FPS, I think aiming with the touch screen is cool. But Rogue Agent does lack in the gameplay department offering little variety and a small amount of SP missions.

Dangerous Dan
09-13-2005, 12:54 AM
I've had a DS for about 3-4 months now, and i've accumulated a fair amount of games, I'll put stars beside those of which i'd recommend, and x's beside those of which would be a waste of your time.

Yoshi Touch n Go (X) good game, but it's mor eof a glorified tech demo, no substance

Asphalt urban GT (X), a solid racer that is plagued by horrible AI that ruins the entire experience

Splinter Cell (X), i played through it once, it was decent, but not worth buyng

Nanosray(*), i loved it, it was short, but incredibly challening and full of old school impossible-ness (it's a top down shooter)

Meteos (*) Just plain awsome, when it comes to puzzle games (which i'm not a fan of), this is the best thing to come around in years

Advance Wars DS (*) Truely a must buy game, I've played like 45 hours on it, and I've barely scratched the surface, it has more replay value than nearly any console gameout there, it rivals and online FPS in terms of lifespan

j5tar
09-19-2005, 09:21 PM
wario ware and feel the maghic is very good but its short