PDA

View Full Version : WTF

LaSH
02-08-2003, 04:23 AM
I am not directing this straight at no one.I just simple have a question and am looking for an answer.Here latly i have had trouble with shooting others.It seems like no matter how many times i shot them they dont die.Then i get shot 1 time and i am gone.WTF i know my aim is not that bad.Exspecialy when they are wright in front of you.Is it a bug or is it my comp or what?I am just looking for answers to fix the problem.And it is only with certain players.Maybe they are move faster than my comp can proc.them at.But i am running 2100amd,512mem,128mb radeon card,256k connection,and a 60gb 7200rpm HD.You think with all that you would be able to keep up with them.And as far as lag,well their is none.My ping is fine and my net graph is fine.This is realy becomeing a problem that i would like to resolve.And like i said i am not directing this straight at no one.I am just looking for answers :WTF: :hmmm:

MR. SLiK
02-08-2003, 04:26 AM
its called serious... mode... is... dumb. Bad ping also makes it seem like you strafed the shots but in reality that 200 milisecond delay pulled you back.

SALvation
02-08-2003, 04:27 AM
Do you grab armor? The ones that are hard to kill usually have at least 100/100.

Phoenix
02-08-2003, 04:27 AM
Have to agree with slick on this one...

LaSH
02-08-2003, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by MR. SLiK@Feb 8 2003, 04:26 AM
its called serious... mode... is... dumb. Bad ping also makes it seem like you strafed the shots but in reality that 200 milisecond delay pulled you back.
Ok i can see where you are comeing from on that BUT.Exsplane why i die so easy with 1 shot and i am at 100 a peice.

Sauron
02-08-2003, 04:29 AM
Those things happen to me often! I kill a player and he pops back to life again and kills me! I think that are prediction faults and ur ping doesnt have anything to do with it! If the other paly lags it is the same result then if u lag! Ur comp predict the players position wrong so ur comp thinks u killed him then he recieves data from the other comp that the palyer was on a different point when u shot him and ur comp corrects it and the player comes back to life! Same i think is with u get shot once and are dead and the other u can't hit!

My thoughts and if i'm wrong feel free to coreect it :)

MR. SLiK
02-08-2003, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by LaSH+Feb 7 2003, 08:28 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LaSH @ Feb 7 2003, 08:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--MR. SLiK@Feb 8 2003, 04:26 AM
Ok i can see where you are comeing from on that BUT.Exsplane why i die so easy with 1 shot and i am at 100 a peice. [/b][/quote]
If your talking about the shotgun, then heres why. In serious mode, each pellet of the shotgun does 20 damage. So if all 10 (or however many pellets there is) hit you, thats 20 times X damage. So if five of them hit you, 100 damage taken, 10 of them, 200 damage taken. Now with serious damage its 4 times damage X. So if 5 pellets hit you, thats 100 damage normally. Then with Serious damage thats 4 times 100 which is 400 damage. This is why serious damage is so good. And since the shotgun is pretty damn accurate far away, people can constantly dink you for 20 damage (cause 1 pellet at least always hits your target).

LaSH
02-08-2003, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by Sauron@Feb 8 2003, 04:29 AM
Those things happen to me often&#33; I kill a player and he pops back to life again and kills me&#33; I think that are prediction faults and ur ping doesnt have anything to do with it&#33; If the other paly lags it is the same result then if u lag&#33; Ur comp predict the players position wrong so ur comp thinks u killed him then he recieves data from the other comp that the palyer was on a different point when u shot him and ur comp corrects it and the player comes back to life&#33; Same i think is with u get shot once and are dead and the other u can&#39;t hit&#33;

My thoughts and if i&#39;m wrong feel free to coreect it :)
Yah that makes sence.

LaSH
02-08-2003, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by MR. SLiK+Feb 8 2003, 04:31 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MR. SLiK @ Feb 8 2003, 04:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -LaSH@Feb 7 2003, 08:28 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--MR. SLiK@Feb 8 2003, 04:26 AM
Ok i can see where you are comeing from on that BUT.Exsplane why i die so easy with 1 shot and i am at 100 a peice.
If your talking about the shotgun, then heres why. In serious mode, each pellet of the shotgun does 20 damage. So if all 10 (or however many pellets there is) hit you, thats 20 times X damage. So if five of them hit you, 100 damage taken, 10 of them, 200 damage taken. Now with serious mode its 4 times damage X. So if 5 pellets hit you, thats 100 damage normally. Then with Serious damage thats 4 times 100 which is 400 damage. This is why serious damage is so good. And since the shotgun is pretty damn accurate far away, people can constantly dink you for 20 damage (cause 1 pellet at least always hits your target). [/b][/quote]
:hmmm: :thumbs: thanks for the info

MR. SLiK
02-08-2003, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by Sauron@Feb 7 2003, 08:29 PM
Those things happen to me often&#33; I kill a player and he pops back to life again and kills me&#33; I think that are prediction faults and ur ping doesnt have anything to do with it&#33; If the other paly lags it is the same result then if u lag&#33; Ur comp predict the players position wrong so ur comp thinks u killed him then he recieves data from the other comp that the palyer was on a different point when u shot him and ur comp corrects it and the player comes back to life&#33; Same i think is with u get shot once and are dead and the other u can&#39;t hit&#33;

My thoughts and if i&#39;m wrong feel free to coreect it :)
Im pretty sure youve got it Sauron

Phoenix
02-08-2003, 04:37 AM
Gotta love serious mode&#33; Add SD to the mix, and the party just got started&#33;

LaSH
02-08-2003, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by Phoenix@Feb 8 2003, 04:37 AM
Gotta love serious mode&#33; Add SD to the mix, and the party just got started&#33;
Yah but at the time they dont have SD. :wacko:

Sirc
02-08-2003, 04:49 AM
Here&#39;s my thoughts. The Outlaws servers are run in serious mode for a reason. It is to let the more skilled players win. You have to be able to kill fast, or the spammers will win. If you can&#39;t have a quick shotty battle, you will be killed by some idiot spamming grenades or rockets. Serious mode allows the better players to actually win. Normal and hard modes let the weaker players have an advantage. They aren&#39;t dueling with shotties anyway. Normal or hard would be fine if only the better players were allowed to play. But a floor carpeted by grenades has pretty much the same effect in any mode. And rockets spammed from on high will a also kill you nearly as quickly.

Serious mode rocks. Only the best need apply. :wootrock:

LaSH
02-08-2003, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Sirc@Feb 8 2003, 04:49 AM
Here&#39;s my thoughts.&nbsp; The Outlaws servers are run in serious mode for a reason.&nbsp; It is to let the more skilled players win.&nbsp; You have to be able to kill fast, or the spammers will win.&nbsp; If you can&#39;t have a quick shotty battle, you will be killed by some idiot spamming grenades or rockets.&nbsp; Serious mode allows the better players to actually win.&nbsp; Normal and hard modes let the weaker players have an advantage.&nbsp; They aren&#39;t dueling with shotties anyway.&nbsp; Normal or hard would be fine if only the better players were allowed to play.&nbsp; But a floor carpeted by grenades has pretty much the same effect in any mode.&nbsp; And rockets spammed from on high will a also kill you nearly as quickly.

Serious mode rocks.&nbsp; Only the best need apply.&nbsp; :wootrock:
So what you are saying is,I am not skilled enough to play on the OUTLAWS server? :WTF:

And who said eneything about the OUTLAWS server?another :WTF:

Sirc
02-08-2003, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by LaSH@Feb 8 2003, 01:03 AM
So what you are saying is,I am not skilled enough to play on the OUTLAWS server? :WTF:

And who said eneything about the OUTLAWS server?another :WTF:
No. Sorry LaSH. That was more of a general statement that was probably misplaced. You are an excellent player, and you usually own me. I re-read your post. At first I thought it was a Serious mode bitch, but now I realize it wasn&#39;t.

If you are having problems like that then maybe it is a connection problem? Sounds like lag.

Sorry if I offended you. :unsure:

LaSH
02-08-2003, 06:24 AM
no prob SIRC we always seem to misunderstand each other.And no i am not bitching,moneing,groning,nor accuseing eneybody of cheating.I simply have a problem that i am looking for a resolution for.I have had problems with my connection before.But i have no lag and my ping is fine.And also my net graph is like only 1/4 way over.I may not have enough ram. :hmmm:

FASTway
02-08-2003, 06:59 AM
I think serious mode is dumb.
I like normal or hard.

But Slash has the best servers and if he likes serious mode then I guess we play serious mode.

Saretta
02-08-2003, 12:57 PM
I agree with Sauron . That happens to me too very often, in all modes (serious, hard and normal)

MR. SLiK
02-08-2003, 05:05 PM
Sirc your contradicting yourself. Your saying if you dont kill people in quickly, then spammers will kill you, but then you come right back and say that they have the advantage in hard and normal? They DONT have the advantage since: A. You dont get 10 grenades/rockets per ammo clip (do you know how easy it is to get 50 rockets or grenades? you never run out) and B. More or less the grenades or rockets will kil you in one hit regardless of armor/health, its happened to me before (died in one hit from regular rocket with 200/200).

I know the servers arent gonna change, but thats not what im trying to do.

TheUltimateWarrior
02-08-2003, 05:17 PM
Hard Mode Rules

Less Ammo for spammers

still good shotty battles&#33;

SASQUATCH
02-08-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Sirc@Feb 7 2003, 11:49 PM
Here&#39;s my thoughts.&nbsp; The Outlaws servers are run in serious mode for a reason.&nbsp; It is to let the more skilled players win.&nbsp; You have to be able to kill fast, or the spammers will win.&nbsp; If you can&#39;t have a quick shotty battle, you will be killed by some idiot spamming grenades or rockets.&nbsp; Serious mode allows the better players to actually win.&nbsp; Normal and hard modes let the weaker players have an advantage.&nbsp; They aren&#39;t dueling with shotties anyway.&nbsp; Normal or hard would be fine if only the better players were allowed to play.&nbsp; But a floor carpeted by grenades has pretty much the same effect in any mode.&nbsp; And rockets spammed from on high will a also kill you nearly as quickly.

Serious mode rocks.&nbsp; Only the best need apply.&nbsp; :wootrock:
SIRC it&#39;s the other way around. In serious mode it is easy for a spammer. Hard mode requires more skills to kill. This is what I notice when I play and most of my games with high kills and killed less are in that mode.

This is what I think and I believe most players would agree.

SAS :angel: