PDA

View Full Version : Car Shopping

SALvation
10-05-2005, 06:09 PM
Well my lease is up in 6 months on my current car and I'm starting to look around for my next ride. There are so many nice cars out there, my mind changes every day as to which is my favorite. What do you guys like and do any of you have any of these cars and have an opinion about them?

MassacreAL
10-05-2005, 06:16 PM
they all looks very good :wub:
i cant vote becouse my knowledgements about cars are... :banghead:
but the best looking is white-in-centre. really good :cool:

He Is Legend
10-05-2005, 07:00 PM
Lexus ftw

Die Hard
10-05-2005, 07:35 PM
I used to sell very expensive cars. I love cars and have always had an avid interest in them.

Out of the ones you have shown I would go for the BMW as long as it is a 330 or larger engine. If it's less than that then it has to be the Lexus IS.

All the others look ok but trust me Sal, between the Beamer and the Lexus there is no competition for overall build quality and performance driving.

Good luck :thumbs:

Black Rose
10-05-2005, 07:40 PM
From all those cars is the BMW the best one :)

Another nice car is the Phaeton from VW :wave:

Bingo
10-05-2005, 07:42 PM
300c. Go for the 300c. It's the nicest of the FUN classy sedans out there.

I'd take it over any of the others you've listed in a heartbeat.

B

SALvation
10-05-2005, 07:54 PM
The only thing I don't like about the BMW is that it seems like they nickel and dime you to death. By the time I get all the features I want, the price is close to 40k, which is more than I want to spend.

The 300 is the only American car I like, and the styling is very nice.

The Acura comes with a cubic assload of standard features.

The Infiniti has a very nice interior, and seems like the runner-up in most tests.

The Lexus looks the nicest, but I hear the backseat is very small and with a kid, that may be a problem.

The Murano has the most style and is definitely unique. I also like the fact that I can get a black exterior with a red leather interior. Very cool.

Oh well I'm sure my opinions will change tomorrow. I get to start test driving in a few months so I still have some time to think about it. Thanks for the opinions.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
10-05-2005, 08:04 PM
I would go with the Nissan Maxima.

SALvation
10-05-2005, 08:05 PM
Psi has one right now. Its a nice car but I would want something different.

NightBreed
10-05-2005, 08:16 PM
My wife and I just ordered a 06 Ford Freestyle Limited..Black leather,sunroof,rr DVD,..If you've got kids, this puts the minivans to shame !!!

MassacreAL
10-05-2005, 08:18 PM
ive just checked few sites and ill vote for Lexus :thumbs:

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
Psi has one right now. Its a nice car but I would want something different. The Maxima has the best motor ever built IMO.
Another really comfy and slick looking one is the 300m

Stay away from the Acura. If you want that get the 6 banger accord. It's the same damn car.

Same goes for the Lexus. All it is is a Toyota Camry.

SALvation
My wife and I just ordered a 06 Ford Freestyle Limited..Black leather,sunroof,rr DVD,..If you've got kids, this puts the minivans to shame !!!
Actually next year, in addition to a new car for me, my wife's lease is up also on her Jeep, so we'll be looking for something more family like for her. Her grandpa was a Chrysler employee, so we get the discount there, but the Freestyle looks pretty nice also.

SALvation
10-05-2005, 08:20 PM
The Maxima has the best motor ever built IMO.
Another really comfy and slick looking one is the 300m
If I come into a landfall of money in the next 6 months, I really like the Infiniti M. Its like a Maxima on steriods with a luxury interior.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
10-05-2005, 08:21 PM
You can get the Nice inside with the Maxima. It also has an awesome stock Bose system in it.

solid snake295
10-05-2005, 08:55 PM
i would go for the lexus. its between that and the beemer but i think the lexus is better... plus, everyone and their grandmothers dog owns a bmw 3 series.
might i also suggest the dodge srt-4. as far as i know it is one of the fastest if not the the fastest car you can buy for $20,000. 2.4L turbo, 4 door, pretty good on gas, great daily driver, highway monster and theres room for the kid in the back. you would not be dissapointed with an srt-4. even if your not interested, go test drive one for the hell of it... bring a diaper. :D

Speedsweeper
10-05-2005, 11:14 PM
BMW all the way. :thumbs:

FUS1ON
10-06-2005, 12:18 AM
Get the 300 powered with 6.1 liters of America made HEMI'fied V8. Tim "The Toolman" Taylor would come to your house and grunt for you, but you are probably looking for a sissy'fied luxury model. Pffff :P

EXEcution
10-06-2005, 12:26 AM
I don't know anything about cars, but I like BMW because I find them asthetically pleasing. :D That Lexus interior looks hot as sh*t tho!!!

Bingo
10-06-2005, 03:22 AM
Get the 300 powered with 6.1 liters of America made HEMI'fied V8. Tim "The Toolman" Taylor would come to your house and grunt for you, but you are probably looking for a sissy'fied luxury model. Pffff :P

Why ya think I told him to go for the 300c??? That little 'c' makes alla difference man.

What an excellent car!

B

SALvation
10-06-2005, 04:38 AM
Doesn't the "c" have some crappy fuel economy?

Oscar(WCFD)
10-06-2005, 05:41 AM
Doesn't the "c" have some crappy fuel economy?

the 340hp 300c is rated 17mpg city....25mpg hwy.

the 250 hp V6 is rated 19mpg city......27mpg hwy.

for 2 or 3 mpg I'll take the 300c ;)

Die Hard
10-06-2005, 10:58 AM
Yes BMW charge extra for everything but use your negotiation skills Sal and drive a bargain. Otherwise, buy a slightly used one....

Aries
10-06-2005, 03:06 PM
What are you looking for in a car SAL?

performance? luxury/comfort? fuel economy? space?...

SALvation
10-06-2005, 04:58 PM
What are you looking for in a car SAL?

performance? luxury/comfort? fuel economy? space?...
Yes. :)

My priorities are probably:

1. Has to have a big enough rear seat for a child seat. Maybe eventually 2 child seats.

2. I prefer luxury over performance, but it still can't be a slug on the road. I'm coming from a Jetta Turbo which has a very tourquey feel to it. I'm used to touching the gas, hearing that turbo wind up, and then being pushed back into my seat. So it still has to be powerful, but luxury matters just barely more this time around.

3. With the recent rise in gas costs, fuel economy isn't a huge concern, but if it gets less than 20MPG in the city, it starts to weigh in my decision.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
10-06-2005, 05:07 PM
Just remember to subtrack 5 to 10% off what the sticker says for MPG. The tests that are used to determine hat are out of date and very wrong.

::: DARK PSI :::
10-06-2005, 05:13 PM
I wouldn't. Very boring car. I am not pleased. I am happy I am leasing.

10-06-2005, 05:14 PM
300 C eh Sal. Sorry I just cannot see you driving that. You would look too old.. kinda like Slice. :P

Personally, I would look at the BMW X5. That is probably going to be my next vehicle. That or a loaded BMW M3. Both come in at the same price.

SALvation
10-06-2005, 05:25 PM
300 C eh Sal. Sorry I just cannot see you driving that. You would look too old.. kinda like Slice. :P

Personally, I would look at the BMW X5. That is probably going to be my next vehicle. That or a loaded BMW M3. Both come in at the same price.
...but the X5 can be written off as a business expense since it is over the 6,000 lbs weight requirement. The only thing that sucks is the X5 has horrid gas mileage.

10-06-2005, 06:16 PM
...but the X5 can be written off as a business expense since it is over the 6,000 lbs weight requirement. The only thing that sucks is the X5 has horrid gas mileage.

Of course it can be written off as a business expense. Even more of a reason why I am getting one. It gets 16/21 for mileage.. Not too bad for an SUV.

Plus they look sweet loaded.

SALvation
10-06-2005, 06:34 PM
With BMW I just feel like I am paying extra for the badge. If it was the exact same car with an Acura or Lexus badge, I think the car would be 5-6K less. I can't justify spending that much more for an image.

Pure_Evil
10-06-2005, 06:39 PM
I'm sure Whocares will be glad to know that DL is adding to Global Warming because he can write it off, not only that, he's encouraging others to do so :rolleyes:

09-19-2005, 03:28 PM

I have lived in South Florida for roughly 20 years. I have never seen anything like this.
I would like to personally thank every single one of you that owns an SUV when you don't need one.

Die Hard
10-07-2005, 08:33 AM
BMW = Reassuringly expensive :D

Slice
10-09-2005, 05:05 PM

Hey my mother is driving that car now, watch it. My Mustang GT ownz joo! I'll also have you know that I got carded 2 days ago buying vodka and I am 31 years young. :P :drink:

OUTLAWS high ping camper
10-09-2005, 05:15 PM
Hey my mother is driving that car now, watch it. My Mustang GT ownz joo! I'll also have you know that I got carded 2 days ago buying vodka and I am 31 years young. :P :drink:

And if you continue to dress in drag, you will be carded again! :D

Slice
10-09-2005, 05:19 PM
And if you continue to dress in drag, you will be carded again! :D

You know you love my pumps. (shoes that is, get your mind out of the gutter) ;)

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
10-09-2005, 05:34 PM
I'm sure Whocares will be glad to know that DL is adding to Global Warming because he can write it off, not only that, he's encouraging others to do so :rolleyes:

Hey I speak the truth.

Slice
10-09-2005, 05:40 PM
Hey I speak the truth.

After this hurricane season I do not know what to believe anymore. I will try to drive my Mustang on cooler days, just for you Who. :rofl: Kidding, I am not that blond.

Gun Element
10-10-2005, 06:11 PM
hmm, Im a fan of Acura. As a matter of fact, I just what you could do to your Acura TL! (if you ever get one) :P

10-10-2005, 06:32 PM

You forgot to add.. "and an uber hot blonde stud"

:babe:

10-10-2005, 06:34 PM
The X5 is not that bad on mileage and it doesn't add to Global Warming like some people driving hummers. The X5 is meant to be a smaller SUV because it is sporty. It is not out to kill Mother Earth. It is just out to look bad ass. :D

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
10-11-2005, 12:53 AM
Here is how I look at it. You take your average SUV with a 30 gallon tank. That tank will get you roughly 350 miles or so on the highway. Gonna say 50 to 75 miles less.

Now take your average car 12 to 15 gallon tank. Same amount of miles or more than the SUV. Hmmm wonder why gas prices and pollution is on the rise? Add to the that the EPA at this time lifted the restrictions on pollution control.

Thundarr
10-15-2005, 05:01 AM
Sal, have you considered the Volkswagen Toureg at all?? My BF is a Valet Parking Manager and has driven all those vehicles and more, but he still raves about the Toureg. He also drove the Lexus Hybrid (RX) and was VERY impressed with it's performance... Was quite surprised by the get up it had...:thumbs:

ME BIGGD01
10-15-2005, 05:14 AM
I was going to buy a new car this year but business was pretty bad early in the year along with being sick hurt. i was looking at the mustang and was all set to go for it but realized it is for a guy who is single with no kids. damn do i want that car but i need to be practical. I then looked at the 300 series with hemi which is a sweet car imo. although i decided to wait until i pay off the new truck that my wife drives (which is killing me on the gas prices) (who knew?) i will continue to squeeze into my saturn which continues to take the beating i give it every day driving in ny, nj, pa and wait to see if the market becomes better or wait until it crashes.

my advice is go for what ever you sit in and drive that makes you the most comfortable and safe for your family. my choice would to buy american and that's all any american worker could ask:thumbs:

SASQUATCH
10-15-2005, 12:31 PM
I love the BMW and was planning to get one next year.

I like what Nightbreed has it is good for the family Sal.