PDA

View Full Version : Retaking Gamemeca Trailer

Caged Anger
10-06-2005, 12:03 AM
http://www.villainsclan.co.uk/cagedmovie/Trailer1.swf

EXEcution
10-06-2005, 12:44 AM
Since everyone here can't cope with the fact that I am trying to help and let everyone else know that I am doing so this has been editie. No one on these boards will ever understand...
But continue to quote me if it makes you feel beter.

Slice
10-06-2005, 01:02 AM
LOL @ Exe you just plain suck and need some drugs or something. 2 Caged, nice job for your first real flash project. Flash isn't an easy thing to do and takes time to learn. :thumbs:

FUS1ON
10-06-2005, 01:07 AM
I liked it and can't wait to see the rest. It's good to see you learning new things, hang in there. :)

Caged Anger
10-06-2005, 01:09 AM
*Edited by Exe's request*

Exe,
I would take note of your comments, if I didn't know you've been drooling all over you keyboard waiting for me to put up the link just so you could start bashing it

As for everyone else, if you enjoy the film great, if not, no big loss. I will begin work on the movie soon and please,
no more comments about Exe's post, he just isn't worth it

Slice
10-06-2005, 01:10 AM
LOL@ Slice You don't know **** about anything and what is "real flash project" supposed to mean. Do you think he has learned flash already? :rolleyes:
At least I offer advice and am realistic unlike you who thinks everything in life comes easy.
Exe you don't know crap. FYI I know flash so STFU! You offer nothing but misery. Go back to your cave, again.

OUTLAWS Tip
10-06-2005, 01:27 AM
I liked the spam theme. We all kind of migrated here from Seriously partially over them whinning about us spamming.

Nice job keep up the good work. Look forward to seeing the next one.
:thumbs: :thumbs:

MassacreAL
10-06-2005, 03:57 AM
hmm, 53megs in flash. ill watch it after school ;)

Pure_Evil
10-06-2005, 11:59 AM
Exe. people are just tired of you primping like you're a expert here when frankly, you didn't even make the best SSSE movie by a GM member,even your UT work is average at best. If you want to help, try being humble instead of arrogant all the time.

Caged, nice work, and much better music choice than what you originally chose. I think it's cool that you did something to entertain GM members, instead of someting to just get pats on the back like a few others I know ;)

Die Hard
10-06-2005, 12:22 PM
Yep, well done Caged. Like Pure says, it's great you did something for us Gamemeccians and we appreciate that :thumbs:

BobtheCkroach
10-06-2005, 02:43 PM
Lookin' forward to the full version, Caged! :thumbs:

MassacreAL
10-06-2005, 03:14 PM
i still cant figure what Exe told wrong...

EXEcution
10-06-2005, 07:03 PM
i still cant figure what Exe told wrong...
Absolutely nothing wrong but I should have been a bit more discreet with my post.

I never said I had a better movie than anyone :rolleyes: I just have a general idea of what a good movie is and should or shouldn't have.

Nobody that's posted here has said anything negative about the movie, so I assume that you all think that it's perfect while its far from it. I just want to give some tips on how to better it, thats all. I mean why would I get joy out of bashing someone for my own pleasure, or to prove my superiority which I don't have.

We just need to do some compare and contrast here and there and everything will be cool. :thumbs:

EXEcution
10-06-2005, 07:22 PM
you didn't even make the best SSSE movie by a GM member,even your UT work is average at best.
The best in what department? Content? Quality? Editing?
Things aren't just one sided, like I told Caged on MSN last night. You have too look at something more than once to really appreciate it, each time you may find something that you liked or didn't like. I watched Caged's movie twice and made up my mind about it, so I wrote what I though.

Pure_Evil
10-06-2005, 07:40 PM
The best in what department? Content? Quality? Editing?

yup, all those catagories :o

and it was Pathos's movie I was talking about for SSSE

have you submitted yours here for review? (http://www.own-age.com) I'd like to know why you act like you're such a expert?

MassacreAL
10-06-2005, 07:55 PM
hmm guys these philosophic disccusions are never ending. leave this thread

Pure_Evil
10-06-2005, 07:57 PM
hmm guys these philosophic disccusions are never ending. leave this thread

he didn't say "please" :confused:

:D :wave: :wave:

sorry Caged, long day ;)

EXEcution
10-06-2005, 07:59 PM
yup, all those catagories :o

and it was Pathos's movie I was talking about for SSSE

have you submitted yours here for review? (http://www.own-age.com) I'd like to know why you act like you're such a expert?
HAHAH!
Not to make you look stupid Pure but I only put up quality/original work on that site. That UT movie was far from it. Also while I agree on the fact that Pathos movie was indeed better than mine, content wise I think we were equal and I think that I outdid him quality wise. But again this is not a contest and we each try to do our best. First one must learn how to take constructve critisism ands USE it. I have been critisized (how about we search the site instead of impulse linking me me to it) by some great editors on that site. I happen to also know several editors from there as well and we often chat and review each other's work.

Dan2
10-06-2005, 08:06 PM
Nice job Caged Anger!!!:jammin:
If that's your first flash then you are well on your way. :thumbs::thumbs:

MassacreAL
10-06-2005, 08:09 PM
HAHAH!
Not to make you look stupid Pure but I only put up quality/original work on that site. That UT movie was far from it. Also while I agree on the fact that Pathos movie was indeed better than mine, content wise I think we were equal and I outdid him quality wise. But again this is not a contest and we each try to do our best. First one must learn how to take constructve critisism ands USE it. I have been critisized (how about we search the site instead of impulse linking me me to it) by some great editors on that site. I happen to also know several editors from there as well and we often chat and review each other's work.
sorry Exe, your arguments are maby true, but Pure`s & others are true too. what does it mean? -> let caged make this movie on his own, and leave this thread, please (:D :wave: )

EXEcution
10-06-2005, 08:22 PM
I'm sorry it just hurts me to see people starting out too high. If Caged can finish this I will be happy, but if it gets rushed like that trailer did, then.... Well you all know by now what I am trying to say ;)

SoulReaver
10-06-2005, 08:46 PM
Yeah, not to be mean or anything, the trailer seemed kinda rush. Anyways though, so far it seems like this is a decent first flash, keep at it! The text seemed rather...whats the word I am looking for...simple, bland perhaps? I think you guys are going a bit hard on Exe, but I am not going to get into this whole thing. Just try to chill out guys.

Keep at it Cage! :thumbs:

merkwannabe
10-06-2005, 09:01 PM
are you taking a class at school or did you do this all on your own?

either way, you have some pretty complicated things in there,(ex: the preloader, some shape tweening, a button, etc). i've never seen such a big swf before, but i'd imagine that adding the movie clips is what made it so large. speaking of which, did you just import the movie files or was there something special you had to do?

I found Flash to be really hard to use and i'm really impressed you did so well. good work.

Pure_Evil
10-06-2005, 11:00 PM
HAHAH!
Not to make you look stupid Pure but I only put up quality/original work on that site. That UT movie was far from it. Also while I agree on the fact that Pathos movie was indeed better than mine, content wise I think we were equal and I think that I outdid him quality wise. But again this is not a contest and we each try to do our best. First one must learn how to take constructve critisism ands USE it. I have been critisized (how about we search the site instead of impulse linking me me to it) by some great editors on that site. I happen to also know several editors from there as well and we often chat and review each other's work.
which movie?

Boy, your the one who looks stupid for having that movie in you sig. Not a snap link , there's a 136 Ut 2k4 movies there, and I didn't see you linking one of yours there either?

Inferiority complex?? :eek:

Caged Anger
10-07-2005, 12:18 AM
Guys! I am only going to ask one more time nicely, please!!!
Can we let Exe's comments alone, he is entitled to his own opinion and I was already prepared for his answer. Thx for the defending though, I appreciate it beyond words.

EXEcution
10-07-2005, 12:24 AM
which movie?

Boy, your the one who looks stupid for having that movie in you sig. Not a snap link , there's a 136 Ut 2k4 movies there, and I didn't see you linking one of yours there either?

Inferiority complex?? :eek:
Dude can you read?
I didn't post my UT movie there because I didn't feel it was good enough. It's not very hard to understand. I posted all of the ssam movies in my sig on the site but there was an update and some movies were deleted (like Slayer and my tricking vid) but the Damnation vid stayed there and people enjoyed enough to add it to the site's streaming videos page.

I've shown the UT vid to some of the people on the site and they agreed that it was better not to post it. My sig just says MY CONTENT not MY REVIEWED CONTENT. You just watch and draw your own conclusions from it, my vids speak for themselves.

EXEcution
10-07-2005, 12:37 AM
I also recommend that Caged and Pure read this article. It's very insightful.
http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/farp/guides/takecriticism.html

SoulReaver
10-07-2005, 01:19 AM
DON'T BECOME THE NEXT SIRC EXE!!!! :P

I think you guys are taking this a tad too seriously...

EXEcution
10-07-2005, 01:46 AM
I actually think its pretty funny how everyone is taking it so seriously besides me. This movie/project is supposed a joke and it's gotten to the point where we aren't really talking about Caged's work but me and my work. I don't like being a drama queen, but Pure seems to like eggin people on.

Asian Invasian
10-07-2005, 01:53 AM
I actually think its pretty funny how everyone is taking it so seriously besides me.agreed... you left feedback, he shoudl use it.. i thought everyone was entitled to their own opinion. Good feedback or bad feedback take it or leave it.
Exe has constantly bitched to me about everyone of my ss movies, if he didnt i wouldnt know how to edit at all... so basically all im saying is most of the time taking peoples advice is a good thing.

ME BIGGD01
10-07-2005, 02:10 AM
Caged, I just downloaded it and viewed it.

Here is what I have to say and think about it.
Great job:thumbs:

Now with that statement, I will say how I come up with that judgement.

1-you are just starting to use this program. For anyone that has ever used flash knows it is not an easy program to mess with. I myself find it very hard and time consuming but it a very good program to learn and master. For your first time, it looks great and I am looking forward to seeing your final project.

2-most of all, you are doing this on your own time for the GM community. Sure you are getting a chance to learn something new but with that you are using your time to entertain us for nothing which is what makes a community strong and a place to return to. too many bad apples have ruined that for GM but yet there are still a few that try to keep the good things alive.
__________________________________________________ ______________

EXE, as far as being critical, I think you should maybe hold back your posts. I for one like to see the young doing something positive regardless if it's bad or good in someone's opinion. Nothing can be bad if it is the work of someone just starting off. You may feel you are an expert which I usually try to ignore when you are commenting on pthers projects or work. I find that amusing considering others do not express their true opinions of your work. To be honest and blunt, I have seen all of the videos made here and they all are pretty much what they are which is kids fulling around with their toy editing suites and capturing some footage of some pre acted games with some music. I also must add the too many effects being used to trully realize what's going on. Really, they are all novice videos but serve a point which makes sense and should not be critical. I do not know of anyone who has started a project for the first time and made a masterpiece. It just don't happend when it comes to this sort of thing.
Now, I am not here to put you down because I would encourage you and anyone else to do what they like doing and make a living out of it. What makes or would make you better as a editor is to be help those doing or getting into the same field. There are no awards giving out here so anyone who does anything should be appreciated.
With that said, I can imagi9ne there are a few things you maybe able to help caged with. I think maybe you will do that. I think you may be understanding why people are pretty pissed off about what ever you said and would choose differently the next time you feel being a critic should be done maybe on msn or pm instead of publicly putting what ever it is down.

If you are young and find a field you like, try to get in it asap and learn it. It will take time and in the end, you will have a job you enjoy doing and get paid for doing something that does not appear to be work for you. Who will have it better?

ME BIGGD01
10-07-2005, 02:18 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention, I am the best editor @ GM:) Not only do I have the real editing software and hardware that none of you can afford, I just like being better because it makes me feel like I have a 15" pencil:D .

()-()
;:
~~~
~
~

BobtheCkroach
10-07-2005, 04:29 AM
agreed... you left feedback, he shoudl use it.. i thought everyone was entitled to their own opinion. Good feedback or bad feedback take it or leave it.
Exe has constantly bitched to me about everyone of my ss movies, if he didnt i wouldnt know how to edit at all... so basically all im saying is most of the time taking peoples advice is a good thing.

I would agree, and I think Caged would too...it's not the criticism that caged minds, me thinks - it's the attitude that comes across when exe says what he says.

Not that I can tell anymore...I finally just blocked him :P

solid snake295
10-07-2005, 05:19 AM
:eek: 53mb
have you forgotten about us dialup users already? :P
ill have to watch it later at a friends house.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/snake295/katamari8002.jpg

Caged Anger
10-07-2005, 12:49 PM
rofl :rofl: sorry solid, the next pieces will be smaller, i promise

Asian Invasian
10-07-2005, 01:11 PM
Not that I can tell anymore...I finally just blocked him :Profl pwned ! :P

EXEcution
10-07-2005, 05:13 PM
EXE, as far as being critical, I think you should maybe hold back your posts. I for one like to see the young doing something positive regardless if it's bad or good in someone's opinion. Nothing can be bad if it is the work of someone just starting off. You may feel you are an expert which I usually try to ignore when you are commenting on pthers projects or work. I find that amusing considering others do not express their true opinions of your work. To be honest and blunt, I have seen all of the videos made here and they all are pretty much what they are which is kids fulling around with their toy editing suites and capturing some footage of some pre acted games with some music. I also must add the too many effects being used to trully realize what's going on. Really, they are all novice videos but serve a point which makes sense and should not be critical. I do not know of anyone who has started a project for the first time and made a masterpiece. It just don't happend when it comes to this sort of thing.
Now, I am not here to put you down because I would encourage you and anyone else to do what they like doing and make a living out of it. What makes or would make you better as a editor is to be help those doing or getting into the same field. There are no awards giving out here so anyone who does anything should be appreciated.
With that said, I can imagi9ne there are a few things you maybe able to help caged with. I think maybe you will do that. I think you may be understanding why people are pretty pissed off about what ever you said and would choose differently the next time you feel being a critic should be done maybe on msn or pm instead of publicly putting what ever it is down.

If you are young and find a field you like, try to get in it asap and learn it. It will take time and in the end, you will have a job you enjoy doing and get paid for doing something that does not appear to be work for you. Who will have it better?
Did you even see what I posted before it was edited? :confused:
Did you read that article that I posted about taking critisism?
Have you actually seen a quality game video? Because I have seen several and I can assure you that they are not "kids fulling around with their toy editing suites and capturing some footage of some pre acted games with some music". And there are editors out there who take their work seriously and are sponsored by comanies such as Intel! :eek:

I know what to say and how to go about saying/explaining what I mean because I have seen what's out there, I have tried other software and made my choice about using the software than suits me best. The people on this site including myself might not be able to make a quality game vid, but that doesn't mean that they can't practice and progressively get better like I did. For that particular flash that Caged made I have a ton of suggestions but because Caged is taking my critisism too personally he won't let me give him any and just keep arguing with me.

I KNOW that it's hard to receive critisism, but I never said that Caged's flash sucked or was boring I simply stated that I did not enjoy it and stated exactly why I didn't. Why is that so wrong?

Thundarr
10-08-2005, 01:02 AM
Great start, Caged! Nuff said. :D

Mad Fox
10-08-2005, 01:38 PM
Caged it was an excellent trailer :thumbs: :thumbs:

Anyone here hear an acadamy award calling

<<Hybrid>>
10-08-2005, 05:03 PM
404 file not found :(
not to mention that i am just few miles from UK :(

Caged Anger
10-09-2005, 12:01 AM
em...ya.,...its gon because it departed with the last version of VBulletin on the villains webpage. Shotty is workin on it and we'll se what can do

EXEcution
10-09-2005, 12:33 AM
Maybe you could try decreasing the size a bit. I would suggest recompressing the AVI footage with xvid or mpeg so that more of us can enjoy the trailer without the long wait. :thumbs:

Elem3ntal
10-24-2005, 01:27 AM
Aww .. the link isnt working :'( !! its not fair ..

Caged Anger
10-24-2005, 06:31 PM
the link is dead for now until the villains server is straightened out

sorry for the inconvenience

SHOTGUNmaniac
10-24-2005, 09:50 PM
Servers sorted, When you want it going back :-)