PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend a gaming system?

OUTLAWS Dixie Chick
10-06-2005, 02:24 PM
Well, Christmas is coming just around the corner and was thinking of getting my soon to be 7 year old daughter some type of gaming system/games for Christmas. What system do you think would be most appropriate for her age level and have the most choices of games that would be of interest to her? All the choices just seem overwhelming and was wondering if anyone could steer me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Dixie

SALvation
10-06-2005, 02:58 PM
For a 7 year old, I would go with a GameCube. They have the largest library of kid and family friendly games. They also have a ton of Nickelodeon themed games, and even many of their mainstream games have a cartoony feel to them.

There's also some games for GC that you and Machine would like like Resident Evil and the upcoming Zelda game.

OUTLAWS Dixie Chick
10-06-2005, 03:18 PM
Thanks so much for the most helpful information Sal! I appreciate the recomendation. :thumbs:

Now I'm off to do some Chrismas shopping.

/hugs

Death Engineer
10-06-2005, 09:18 PM
Christmas?? Jeez. You are quite on the ball these days.

SoulReaver
10-06-2005, 09:59 PM
Christmas shopping already? My parents do it at like the last moment. Not to mention the fact that they are indian givers :rolleyes:

But anyways, Sal is right, GC would be your best bet.

Dangerous Dan
10-07-2005, 12:20 AM
Thanks so much for the most helpful information Sal! I appreciate the recomendation. :thumbs:

Now I'm off to do some Chrismas shopping.

/hugs being the gamecube enthusiast i am, i would have to agreewith Sal, but there's one thing you should watch for this holiday season, and may make your gamecube shopping easier.

Right now Nintendo has a few Gamecube package deals going around, i know that for $99.99 (the regular price of the gamecube), you can get basically a free game with it, the one i know about it is this one:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7330925&type=product&productCategoryId=cat02163&id=1118845047528

There's another one to that comes with a Pokemon game, and there may be more, i'm not sure. I'm just pointing this out because the console is the same price with and without the game.

P.S. and yeah, like Sal said, you and machine should treat yourselves to Resident Evil 4, it's got Game of the Year written all over it

OUTLAWS Dixie Chick
10-07-2005, 01:49 AM
Christmas?? Jeez. You are quite on the ball these days.

I have to start buying now so it's not so painful all at once. Savanna's wish list seems to grow every year.

Thanks everyone for there input, and thanks Dan for the heads up on the special pricing. :thumbs:

SoulReaver
10-12-2005, 09:21 PM
Hope you haven't bought one yet cause this super sweet bundle just announced: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6135526.html

Comes with GC, TWO controllers, and Mario Party 7. Thats a pretty good deal cause normally even with the current special bundles they only come with a game, the console, and a controller. This comes with two controllers and MP7, which is always fun with friends. I may even just buy it and resell the console. It'd be cheaper than buying them seperately.

SASQUATCH
10-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Dixie

I would consider getting her educational games instead to help her prepare for the future when it comes to school.

Using the PC will also help her know how to use the computer which she probably knows already but the more she is expose to it the better she will understand the system plus educating her as well. There are lots of educational games on PC that she will like very much and enjoy.

My youngest Nephew I got him mostly educational games and it in volves drawing and many other features that will enhance her skills for school and for the future.

<<Hybrid>>
10-15-2005, 01:07 PM
Gamecube definately, it has most of games for Kids

OUTLAWS Dixie Chick
10-16-2005, 03:59 AM
Thanks everyone for their input.

Sas, don't worry. Savanna has her very own computer that she has been using since she was old enough to sit up and move a mouse lol. She has lots of educational software that she very much enjoys playing, and I agree it has been extremely beneficial to her. She is a very bright 1st grader reading at a 3rd grade level. She knows there is a time for work/study and a time for play. Gamecube is just for fun, and will be used in moderation. :thumbs:

And SoulReaver, Dangerous Dan pointed me to the same info, so i'll be holding out til that package comes out. Thanks for passing that information along. :thumbs: