PDA

View Full Version : Firewall

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
02-09-2003, 03:36 PM
Can anyone suggest a good one.
Currently I have norton 2003 personal firewall.
Not gonna install it till I figure out if it's worth it.

Grimmy
02-10-2003, 05:18 AM
I would suggest get a router, use there firewall. Doesn't use puter resources, and from the one I have, works way better then a software one!

Nobody
02-10-2003, 05:55 AM
#1. A router - Linksys BEFSR41 w/4 port 10/100 switch $50 :thumbs:
#2. Zone alarm - free, good :thumbs:
#3. Norton - not free :angel: I used this before Norton bought it. Atguard was the name.

MR. SLiK
02-10-2003, 06:02 AM
when i got zone alarm (when i wsa on dial up). it was good but it kept messing up my connection. And it would minimize games whend it ask me if i wanted to give permission to something or not.

I use PC-Cillin 2002 which comes with a personal firewall. Pc cillin is a real nice anti virus program that i discovered on my Via drivers CD.

Saretta
02-10-2003, 01:39 PM
I prefer a router too. The computerfirewall I had (Norman personal Firewall, I got it for free) messed up my cookie settings :wacko:

Pure_Evil
02-10-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by MR. SLiK@Feb 10 2003, 01:02 AM
when i got zone alarm (when i wsa on dial up). it was good but it kept messing up my connection. And it would minimize games whend it ask me if i wanted to give permission to something or not.

I use PC-Cillin 2002 which comes with a personal firewall. Pc cillin is a real nice anti virus program that i discovered on my Via drivers CD.
If you need it, Zone Alarm is ok. I had a older version of PC-Cillin and it was great, until i uninstalled it and it left crap in the registry that screwed up my boot ups. Easy for some folks around here to fix but not me.

Just M/O. :hmmm:

Dissectional
02-10-2003, 07:28 PM
I have to agree with Nobody. I use the same router and ZoneAlarm and have only two issues....I can't seem to host Sam or Roger Wilco, but the Sam thing I will be taking care of shortly...I hope.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
02-10-2003, 10:21 PM
I installed Norton 03 with no problems.
I have not run into any problems with it.
As far as system resources I notice no difference at all.
I don't know much about firewalls so are they all alike?
BTW I didn't pay :oooo: