PDA

View Full Version : small problem

MassacreAL
10-19-2005, 07:22 PM
guys i need help, ive got one problem, when compilating, c++ builder says me:
[Linker Error] Unresolved external 'pvcTest(RossiBigInt)' referenced from D:\DUMP\PRIKLADY\BIGINT\PVCTEST V1.06B.OBJ
this problem is my very nightmare. im absolutely helpless, i believe my source code is alright :(

BobtheCkroach
10-19-2005, 07:32 PM
guys i need help, ive got one problem, when compilating, c++ builder says me:
[Linker Error] Unresolved external 'pvcTest(RossiBigInt)' referenced from D:\DUMP\PRIKLADY\BIGINT\PVCTEST V1.06B.OBJ
this problem is my very nightmare. im absolutely helpless, i believe my source code is alright :(

hmmm...very weird looking error - never seen one quite like that...

What OS are you developing on? What compiler are you using?

If you don't mind sharing your code, I can try and compile on my Linux box - not b/c I think you're doing anything wrong, but rather b/c I'm used to the errors it gives me! :D

Another thing you could try...delete ALL of your previous compiled code (IE, the dlls, exe, etc)...leave only your .h,.c.cpp etc and try a recompile. It's possible that the compiler is using an old version of your code, not recompiling for some reason, and that the 2 are incompatible?

MassacreAL
10-19-2005, 08:05 PM
IM SO DUMB!!!! :banghead: :banghead:
i wrote #include <C:\list.cpp>, then i changed it to #include "list.cpp", closed it, went to school, came back, opened it, but forgot that i didnt save it!!! so compilator was using another file than me!!! well, at least im sure i wont make this mistake again ;). sry for that...

BobtheCkroach
10-19-2005, 10:53 PM
IM SO DUMB!!!! :banghead: :banghead:
i wrote #include <C:\list.cpp>, then i changed it to #include "list.cpp", closed it, went to school, came back, opened it, but forgot that i didnt save it!!! so compilator was using another file than me!!! well, at least im sure i wont make this mistake again ;). sry for that...

Hey, man, no problem! That's how you learn :thumbs:

Death Engineer
10-20-2005, 06:16 PM
Linker errors almost always mean that you don't have all of the needed resources (source files, dlls, libs, etc).