PDA

View Full Version : Doom The Movie

Caged Anger
10-22-2005, 12:42 PM
Went and saw it last night and wow was it cool

The first person part was great and the effects were pretty good too. The only problem was that at some of the most "scary" parts when my buddies were cringing I was laughing....:hmmm: :D

BobtheCkroach
10-22-2005, 01:43 PM
The effects were cool, the FPS scene was kewl...but they totally trashed the movie itself.

Caged Anger
10-22-2005, 04:52 PM
howso?

BobtheCkroach
10-22-2005, 05:14 PM
The virus thing was absolutely, positively stupid. They were demons from Hell, pure and simple. I can't think of why it would have been hard to do that, and I can't imagine why John Carmack would whore out his work if they're going to mess it up.

In the game, the people that got possessed became zombies. The demons were just demons, not converted humans.

And the little idea that "Hey, the Rock is a pro wrestler! Let's through in a pro wrestling scene" at the end ticked me off.

I just thought it was a pretty bad conversion from game to film.

TheMaster
10-22-2005, 09:45 PM
I went to see it yesterday as well as soon as school let out. The first showing was at 4:15 in the afternoon, and I was not disappointed. When they switched to the FPS view I actually felt like I was back here playing III. The only part that they could have improved on was the storyline like Bob said. The Demons and the Imps were not humans that mutated, at least not in the game. But I don't think that's bad enough to say the game altogether was bad. It was pretty well-done I think. They're already talking about a sequel to the movie. As premature as it is, if this movie does well enough this weekend, I shall definently look forward to a Doom II in theaters.

BobtheCkroach
10-22-2005, 09:58 PM
On a purely movie level, I was entertained, and overall it wasn't a bad *movie*. I was just let down by what I had hoped to see.

Spoiler for those that don't wanna ruin the movie:

Where are the cacodemons? The mancubus?? The cyberdemon???

Thanks SAL for that new technology.

I wanted to see Doom3 come to the big screen, and I didn't get it. I guess that's what disappointed me.

I would probably go to a sequel - heck, I'll probably still buy this one when it comes out on DVD.

Elem3ntal
10-24-2005, 01:20 AM
not that my opinion counts but.. when i played doom ..i thought the monsters were Aliens :confused: ?

EXEcution
10-24-2005, 01:28 AM
The movie was horrible. I only enjoyed the end credits, and the first person scene where he shot the zombie's axe and it fell on his head. The acting was dry, the plot had no depth, action was so far-fetched it made me cry inside, characters were laughable. The monsters looked lame and I constantly half-expected them to jump out and grab someone before they did. The jokes were NOT funny, except for the whole movie which in itself was a joke.

I'm sure the people at iD had a good laugh over this as they spend their movie check. No more game movies FFS!