PDA

View Full Version : "UnrealNorth" movie

Twin])I2agon
10-24-2005, 10:56 PM
Theres a new UT 2004 movie out, which was made by Cristal (the guy who made CTLB, which rocked). Im still downloading myself but i heard its a must see ....

http://www.own-age.com/vids/video.aspx?id=6281

PJ'l_Master
10-25-2005, 05:25 AM
i thought it was pretty cool, there were some real nice shots in there

Pure_Evil
10-25-2005, 06:01 PM
that was fantastic! Thanks for sharing TD!

The combo's that forced airborn deaths gave me Red[Gummibear] flashbacks :eek:

BobtheCkroach
10-25-2005, 06:32 PM
WARNING!

I downloaded the full version (344 meg) but it wouldn't play, so I thought what they heck and downloaded the 210 meg version. This comes as an .mp4, which is compressed more, but isn't common, so they include a viewer...

the moment I double clicked the viewer, I started getting warnings from MS antispyware about Virus.Jeefo trojan...I remove everytime and I get another warning.

DON'T DOWNLOAD THE 210 meg version!

I'll update if and when something takes a turn for better or for worse.

UPDATE: phew. Got it. After the warning it asked if I wanted to run a full system scan. I finally just said yes, and I quarentined, then permanently removed it. The warnings stopped as soon as I hit quarentine. I got super scared for a second there.

EXEcution
10-25-2005, 07:00 PM
The mirror I used the x264 compressed version did not give me any trojans.
Pretty god movie, cristal made good use of the new camming technology, but I disliked the music and his editing style. CTLB was better IMO. <3

<<Hybrid>>
10-25-2005, 09:32 PM
damn... it opens link too slow for me,,, last download was 24seconds before,, ,so i guess that server is damn full. ill try later

in a mean time, I reccomend everyone to use ffdshow as a default codec for most movies

BobtheCkroach
10-25-2005, 11:22 PM
damn... it opens link too slow for me,,, last download was 24seconds before,, ,so i guess that server is damn full. ill try later

in a mean time, I reccomend everyone to use ffdshow as a default codec for most movies

That's what I double clicked on to get the virus...

Twin])I2agon
10-28-2005, 11:18 AM
WARNING!
the moment I double clicked the viewer, I started getting warnings from MS antispyware about Virus.Jeefo trojan...I remove everytime and I get another warning.

.................................................. ............................................

Some sh|t was included.. tho totally harmless, came with the mediaplayerclassic i dloaded from microsofts (!!!) homepage..however i have removed those mediaplayerclassics so people dont have to worry..

BobtheCkroach
10-29-2005, 11:42 PM
Oh well, live and learn. I'm wondering if that was actually it, or if the virus I got just happened to come alive after I clicked the icon, by pure chance.

I actually have 2 installs on Windows (XP & Server 2k3) on my machien, and I got it on 2k3...but when I booted up XP, it was totally and completely trashed, so I ended up totally wiping both installs and I'm reinstalling now...:D

fun fun...

Maddog
10-30-2005, 01:27 PM
Great movie :cool: i realy like it :D

Wiper
10-30-2005, 06:15 PM
Yup, watch out with it...

I also had a jeefo.a worm in it :down: