PDA

View Full Version : ut2k4

JIMINATOR
11-09-2005, 05:00 PM
Hi Guys: I have recently switched to cable, and it is not very sam friendly. So.... I am now playing some UT2k4, which seems to work a hell of a lot better with irregular "latency". Probably only 2-3 games a night, but it is a lot of fun. They have really improved UT2k4 over the previous version. I am playing, I think on "eastcoastfraggers" or something like that. I get a 40 ping, it can handle 30+ players and there are usually 10-20 people on. That is like OMG spam. I do my part too, after I figure out where the rocket launcher is. I am scoring in the middle of the pack, maybe I'll do better once I learn the weapons and pickups and patterns on all the maps. The weaponstay is really cool, but damn they run out of ammo fast, and it is hard to find. Question, how do you smackdown a person? A couple of people have done that to me.... :) And how does Q4 compare, is it as refined a game?

Pure_Evil
11-09-2005, 05:48 PM
Quake 4 runs nicely, but UT is more refined, maybe because it's been patched 5 times and one more is in beta now.

Jim, I highly recomend you try Team Arena Master or TAM for short. It's a combination of TDM and Last man standing. You spawn with all weapons and armor, when you die, you can spectate your teamamtes until the round is over. You can spectate in 1st or 3rd person view. That's a great way to learn maps and other peoples movements.

you must install TAM to search for TAM servers http://www.3spn.com/

[KU] servers are fun.

let me know if you'd like some help :thumbs:

EXEcution
11-09-2005, 07:52 PM
Personally I like the movement in Quake 4 better than Ut2004's probably because its closer to ssam's. I also like the weapons in Q4 more, but the UT2k4 has MUCH MUCH better maps. Quake 4's current maps are pretty bad, not completely unplayable but could be a lot better.

But its not a fair comparison and Pure said becuase Quake 4 is still has yet to be patched because there are a good amount of bugs present.

Pure_Evil
11-09-2005, 08:22 PM
soon enough, I hope Q-4 kicks ass because I enjoy it emensly :D

The Crimson Centurion
11-11-2005, 11:16 PM
Hey Jimbo !!

hope I can catch a few games with you :)

Speedsweeper
11-25-2005, 10:44 AM
Personally I like the movement in Quake 4 better than Ut2004's probably because its closer to ssam's. I also like the weapons in Q4 more, but the UT2k4 has MUCH MUCH better maps. Quake 4's current maps are pretty bad, not completely unplayable but could be a lot better.

But its not a fair comparison and Pure said becuase Quake 4 is still has yet to be patched because there are a good amount of bugs present.

I aggree 100%. I played Quake 4 for the first time tonight and it does have that Sam feel to it.

I will definatly be buying this game.