PDA

View Full Version : wings game

SALvation
11-22-2005, 01:38 AM
posting from my seat at the wings game. something bad just happened on ice. can someone tell me what's going on?

OUTLAWS Spike
11-22-2005, 01:44 AM
you go poopoo in your pants?:P

SALvation
11-22-2005, 03:56 AM
I'm back home now. They ended up cancelling the game. Jiri Fischer, one of our defensemen, had a seizure on the bench. He stopped breathing and didn't have a pulse, but they shocked his heart and brought him back. He's in the hospital now and awake and stable. This one of the most bizarre things in sports I have ever seen and it was very eerie being there. I'll post more later...

NightBreed
11-22-2005, 04:18 AM
I'm back home now. They ended up cancelling the game. Jiri Fischer, one of our defensemen, had a seizure on the bench. He stopped breathing and didn't have a pulse, but they shocked his heart and brought him back. He's in the hospital now and awake and stable. This one of the most bizarre things in sports I have ever seen and it was very eerie being there. I'll post more later...

:( Wow !! Must have been eerie, I'm sure !! :eek:

Bingo
11-22-2005, 04:49 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AvO0PFLphp4SgsP_Dcau1Mp7vLYF?slug=ap-redwings-fischer&prov=ap&type=lgns

SALvation
11-22-2005, 05:29 AM
I've never seen 20,000 people so quiet. It was really wierd. To get the ref to stop the game and blow the whistle, the wings started throwing stuff on the ice, and then like 10 jumped off the bench while the game was still going. The rushed over to the zamboni entrance to motion in an ambulance. Everyone figured it was just a serious hockey injury until we say the doctors race across the ice with the defibulator to shock him and also saw them doing CPR right on the bench to him.

Everyone spent the next hour on their cell phones trying to learn what was going on, as they didn't say anything for almost an hour when they announced they were cancelling the game. That was defintely something I'm always going to remember and was another "I was there when..." moment.

Thundarr
11-22-2005, 06:09 AM
Was watching it on TV, was definitely worth watching for a while!:thumbs: Get Well Jiri!!!:thumbs:

Caged Anger
11-22-2005, 08:18 PM
heard about that on the news, thats some crazy stuff right there