PDA

View Full Version : How to?

Sauron
02-10-2003, 10:26 PM
Upgrade the firmware of a router? we got a intellinet router!

Fragetti
02-10-2003, 10:30 PM
If you dont have to Don't. If your having problem go to the manufacture web site and you should fine what you need there.

Sauron
02-10-2003, 11:29 PM
it is just so that it seems we can't access the router menu with XP

Dissectional
02-11-2003, 12:54 AM
Did the router come with management software? Or do you have to do it from thier website?
I would check the web first big guy. Firmware upgrades can be tricky, and could render the router useless

Sauron
02-11-2003, 12:58 AM
u can access it by entering a ip and password! Also if there would be any router manager software (if there) upgrade it would be fine with me too :)

Dissectional
02-11-2003, 01:48 AM
Then I would agree with Fragetti...if you can do what you need to do through your browser, then don't mess with it man.
The linksys that I have came with a little software that runs off the cd, doesn't install, and does all your settings, which you can change after the fact.

Fragetti
02-15-2003, 07:22 PM
I did upgrade my Linksys router (4 port / switched) I needed a feature that wasn’t in my firmware ver. had to do with DSL and uploading packet size. I did not like the layout of the new ver. made it more confusing I use my browser to adjust everything I need to do.
Download to a floppy run software will upgrade thru your network. Please read all info on
Linksys web site.

Linksys firmware upgrade (http://www.linksys.com/support/support.asp?spid=1#firmware)
:wave: Frag