PDA

View Full Version : Hey all--Update and thanks

ME BIGGD01
12-08-2005, 04:05 PM
Thanks to all for your prayers and thoughts.

My wife has been home since Last Friday. She is able to walk very slow and for a very short time but she is recovering well from the surgery. She finished her last day of Radiation yesterday and will have to go back in 2 weeks to see if anymore is needed.

She right now has been getting other treatments at the oncologists (not sure how to spell it) such as harmone therapy which the cancer survives from. The down fall of this is that it is forcing her into menopause and is why she can be very mean at times since she has been home along with the pain she is in. The situation sucks big time but this is just the first step in a long process. Once this harmone therapy is finished, they will start with the chemo.

As for myself, I have bags and rings around my eyes from the lack of sleep and the continous stress. It really is hard doing everything in the house with a 3 year old. I am thankful to my family and friends for all the help and support because I honestly feel like putting a bullet right through my skull but my daughter needs her dad and could never consider myself a quitter although this has been the worst fight or experience in my life.

For all the new dad's out there, I will suggest this to you because this is one of the things that has been on my mind since the beginning. I always thought I was helping enough with things at home and my daughter. Regardless of the constant bitching from the wife, I felt I was doing enough. I have been in for a rude awakening when I have had to take on 100% of the load and then some and now consider I was only doing 5% in reality when my wife was healthy. My suggestion is do more now and give your wife a break and tell her to go out as you do the work. Buy her some flowers and give her the respect we men have not really considered or shown. This has been my wake up call and without choice or denial, I am now doing it all. If you do not believe me, try it for a weekend by yourself and the understanding will take place.

Die Hard
12-08-2005, 04:11 PM
Delighted to hear your wife is slowly on the mend. It's still going to take it's time but at least you can now see light at the end of the tunnel.

Great news!!

BobtheCkroach
12-08-2005, 04:11 PM
BIGG - so sorry to hear that the path is rough, but very glad to hear that things seem to be progressing well!

Keep in there bud - you're bigger than this and you're in our thoughts and prayers!

Keep in touch, you know where to find me.

-Andy

Pure_Evil
12-08-2005, 04:13 PM
thanks for the update Bro, good luck

DiTomasso
12-08-2005, 04:57 PM
Thx Bigg :thumbs: . Go step by step and finally you will get there....

OUTLAWS high ping camper
12-08-2005, 05:15 PM
God bless you and your family Mr. Big. Keep up the good fight.

FUS1ON
12-08-2005, 05:47 PM
Hang in there bud and we will keep you guys in our thoughts and prays.

TheMaster
12-08-2005, 10:06 PM
It is indeed very good news to hear that your wife is recovering Biggs. God bless you two.

Sepra
12-08-2005, 10:20 PM
I'm so glad you've given an update because I'm constantly thinking about you and your family and wondering how things are going. I'm glad she's home and doing a bit better. Stay strong and I want to let you know that you're in my prayers.

Speedsweeper
12-09-2005, 12:20 AM
Thanks for the update BIGGS.

Hang in there.

:thumbs:

T I K
12-09-2005, 03:38 AM
Glad to hear your wifes home Biggs, even if you have to keep plenty of coffee and asprin handy :) And i know its got to be tuff when you have to fill the roles of mom, dad, caregiver and all the rest....(yeh i know i said rest and your saying what teh H is that :P )

But dont forget (h@ll im tellin ya) to take a few times for yourself, (hire a babysitter, have a family mem or friend sit in while you take a break) your going to need that :thumbs:

Not so funny, but more insightful how those bigg rude awakenings, can be so revealing, illuminating at teh same time !! Seriously TC friend !!