PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me? WTF

ME BIGGD01
12-09-2005, 09:44 AM
Too many times have I lost 20 minutes worth of typing just as my last post I tried to create in the hardware section where I forgot to copy what I typed before submitting it and I lost it. This has happend too many times because I forget to copy before submit. This should not happen and it just pisses you off that you take the time to do something and it gets lost because you HAVE to copy it in hope you do not lose what you typed.

So as frustrated as I am right now, WTF am I doing that is causing this. The error says I am not logged in so is there a time limit on how long you have to type up your message? This site never had this problem before all the updates but I will really kill off peoples will to post anything that has meaning if they risk losing the 10-20 minutes of time for nothing.

Casanova
12-09-2005, 12:34 PM
Yes it happened to me too...
I was making the record in Moon Lander and 20 min passed and I wasn't able to submit the score. :mad: :bawling:

But if you put "remember me" it won't log you out after 20 mins. :thumbs:

BobtheCkroach
12-09-2005, 02:21 PM
Sounds like the session limit is 20 minutes - probably to protect you against accidentally leaving GM open on a machine and walking away, and someone else posting in your account.

SALvation
12-09-2005, 02:38 PM
I've never had this happen to me but the explanation sounds right if you don't click "remember me". I will look into this but in the meantime, can you try checking that box when you login and tell me if that fixes it?

BobtheCkroach
12-09-2005, 05:10 PM
I've never had this happen to me but the explanation sounds right if you don't click "remember me". I will look into this but in the meantime, can you try checking that box when you login and tell me if that fixes it?

I know for a fact that it fixes it. One of my friends doesn't use the forum much, but stops by to play the arcade form time to time. He was on the other day and played through about 70,000 points on Space Invaders 2x, each time it said he wasn't logged in and his score wouuldn't be recorded. The 3rd time I told him to click Remember Me, and as soon as he did, he was able to play to 112,000 (the best score) w/ no problems.

MattMan
12-09-2005, 05:16 PM
Yeah... I lost 3 or 4 games of space invaders with scores of 60000+ before I figured out that the "remember me" check box was required to stay logged in for more than 20 minutes. After clicking that everything seems to work fine.

ME BIGGD01
12-09-2005, 07:00 PM
This makes sense since I disabled it when my brother was here a few months ago. So far so good.

thanks

Sirc
12-10-2005, 01:30 AM
Too many times have I lost 20 minutes worth of typing just as my last post I tried to create in the hardware section where I forgot to copy what I typed before submitting it and I lost it. This has happend too many times because I forget to copy before submit. This should not happen and it just pisses you off that you take the time to do something and it gets lost because you HAVE to copy it in hope you do not lose what you typed.

So as frustrated as I am right now, WTF am I doing that is causing this. The error says I am not logged in so is there a time limit on how long you have to type up your message? This site never had this problem before all the updates but I will really kill off peoples will to post anything that has meaning if they risk losing the 10-20 minutes of time for nothing.

Heh, you know I had the same thing happen. Unless you didn't get my second try at my last PM either. I've had it happen more than once. It sounds like a simple fix though. :thumbs:

A lot of times when I post I'm at work, and it may take me 2 hrs of starting and stopping before I can finally finish and post. And then to lose it...:bawling:

Nick
12-10-2005, 03:11 AM
same thing happened to me...

had moon lander beat easy....then disconnected :(

always wondered what that remember me thingy was :P

BobtheCkroach
12-10-2005, 04:30 AM
same thing happened to me...

had moon lander beat easy....then disconnected :(

always wondered what that remember me thingy was :P

It also allows you to close the browser, and next time you open (on that machine), you'll still be logged in.

OUTLAWS high ping camper
12-10-2005, 05:55 AM
I've always "checked" the remember funtion, on any forum I'm registered to. Now the only time they forget me, is when I clean out my IE history.

Slice
12-11-2005, 12:51 AM

If I know it will be a real long post I type it in Word first. ;)