PDA

View Full Version : Richard Pryor, Dead at 65

FUS1ON
12-10-2005, 11:08 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000103&sid=a4bQrRAE2qWw&refer=us

Thanks for the many laughs and imo you were the funniest MF'er ever born! RIP Richard! :(

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/8206/richardpryor026fn.jpg

BobtheCkroach
12-10-2005, 11:58 PM
Don't think I've ever seen him or heard his comedy, but I'm a huge fan of Sanford & Son - and he was the writer for that. Funny show, and I'm sure a funny man.

Rest In Peace, Richard.

FUS1ON
12-11-2005, 12:14 AM
Don't think I've ever seen him or heard his comedy, but I'm a huge fan of Sanford & Son - and he was the writer for that. Funny show, and I'm sure a funny man.

Rest In Peace, Richard.

What, You have never seen or heard of Richard Pryor? I'll admit I didn't even know of the Sanford and Son stuff so he must not have done too much of it.

More about the man and trust me, YOU HAVE seen him before in movies.
http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/P/htmlP/pryorrichar/pryorrichar.htm

Sirc
12-11-2005, 12:37 AM

Rest In Peace, Richard.

Alas, you are too young, and Richard has been out of the spotlight for 20 years or so. He was the Robin Williams of his day, except maybe with a slightly darker tone to his material. And if you say you don't know who Robin Williams is I'm gonna smack ya! :mad: :P :D

Richard did some crazy shiat in his life, and that's where some of his funniest material came from. He will be missed. :(

BobtheCkroach
12-11-2005, 12:54 AM
What, You have never seen or heard of Richard Pryor? I'll admit I didn't even know of the Sanford and Son stuff so he must not have done too much of it.

More about the man and trust me, YOU HAVE seen him before in movies.
http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/P/htmlP/pryorrichar/pryorrichar.htm

You misread me - I have heard OF him - I've just never seen him in anything or listened to his comedy - seen or heard him.

If you said "Richard Pryor", i knew who he was...but I just looked on IMDB through everything he did...the ONLY movie on his acting list that I've seen is The Muppet Movie. I've watched blazing saddles, but that's him writing, not him doing comedy.

So no, i've never seen or heard his comedy.

Pure_Evil
12-11-2005, 12:58 AM
:bawling:

FUS1ON
12-11-2005, 01:05 AM
I sometimes forget you guys are younger than me, Richard was like an old school Eddie Murphy.

The next time you are renting movies, rent Live on Sunset Strip (recording of one of his stand up shows) or any of these:
Car Wash, Silver Streak, Greased Lightning (racing movie about the racer Wendell Scott), Which Way Is Up?, Stir Crazy, Bustin' Loose, Live on Sunset Strip, The Toy, Jo Jo Dancer, Your Life is Calling (it's about him and his troubles), Harlem Nights (w/Redd Foxx and Eddie Murphy)

BobtheCkroach
12-11-2005, 01:18 AM
I sometimes forget you guys are younger than me, Richard was like an old school Eddie Murphy.

The next time you are renting movies, rent Live on Sunset Strip (recording of one of his stand up shows) or any of these:
Car Wash, Silver Streak, Greased Lightning (racing movie about the racer Wendell Scott), Which Way Is Up?, Stir Crazy, Bustin' Loose, Live on Sunset Strip, The Toy, Jo Jo Dancer, Your Life is Calling (it's about him and his troubles), Harlem Nights (w/Redd Foxx and Eddie Murphy)

harlem nights sounds good - that's a great cast if you ask me!

Sirc
12-11-2005, 02:05 AM

I respectfully disagree. Eddie Murphy was funny, but he was no Richard Pryor. Eddie had some good material for a few years, but then he got stale. Richard was always funny and fresh, and he stayed that way until he physically couldn't stand in front of a microphone anymore. Richard was one in a million. Richard was always so enthusiastic. Everytime he told one of his stories it was like the first time. Eddie seemed to get to the point where he semed to just expect people to think he was funny.

LOL, sorry. Just my opinion. I always enjoyed Richard's stand up routines much better than Eddie's. :)

NightBreed
12-11-2005, 02:15 AM
Yea, he lived a full life all right..
He was an inspiration and stepping stone for comedians like the Wayans brothers, Eddie Murphy, etc.. and a lot of the early characters on Saturday Night Live were created by him..There was a movie called JoJo Dancer which was a loose autobiography of himself too..
Godspeed Richard Pryor !!

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
12-11-2005, 02:17 AM
There is only one person that can even come close to compare to Richard.....

NightBreed
12-11-2005, 02:24 AM
There is only one person that can even come close to compare to Richard.....

:thumbs: Agreed !!

or...

Dan2
12-11-2005, 05:11 AM
RIP Richard Pryor.:(
He was a funny mother****er. His stand-up made me laugh hard. Go rent Live at the Sunset Strip.

...and Sam Kinison was equally hilarious, indeed.

FUS1ON
12-11-2005, 05:36 AM
I found some great free samples of his, scroll almost to the bottom of the page:
http://www.clayloomis.com/odd.html

Warning: Adult language.