PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Radio

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
12-15-2005, 01:00 AM
Has anyone sugned up for this?
I have had Sirius (yes I am a stern fan) for six months now and I can honestly say it is worth every single penny. What I did was pump it through my system at work with each station having a seperate account. I have TV's as well in them. I find that it is alot easier to have something for my clients to due while getting worked on. It puts them at ease.

It is much better than normal radio and there is just so damn much to listen to.

Slice
12-15-2005, 02:57 AM
I have had Sirius for about a year now and I love it. Alt Nation 21 is one of my favorite channels.

BobtheCkroach
12-15-2005, 05:49 AM
I don't personally, but my fiancee's father has it in his car, and one of the joys of going on a ride w/ him is being able to have it - I love it and once I'm out of school and making money, I'll probably get one for myself. You can literally get just about anything you want - obscure sports, non-stop comedy, everything!

FUS1ON
12-15-2005, 06:13 AM
I've never looked into this, about what does it cost a month?

Nvm: Around $12.99 a month

OUTLAWS high ping camper
12-15-2005, 08:05 AM
My best friend has it too. He spends alot of time in his vehicles, so I can understand why he got it.

Pure_Evil
12-15-2005, 12:48 PM
I'd love to get it, but it's not worth it for the amount of I would listen to it. If they offered a stream to PC for less money, I'd pony up for that so I could listen at work.

Die Hard
12-15-2005, 02:25 PM
We have digital radio (DAB) in the UK, is it any different to that?

T I K
12-15-2005, 03:24 PM
I'd love to get it, but it's not worth it for the amount of I would listen to it. If they offered a stream to PC for less money, I'd pony up for that so I could listen at work.

winamp and shoutcast is good enough for that....and im still on winamp 2.81:P

BobtheCkroach
12-15-2005, 05:56 PM

They do make portable units - you can plug it into the car ,then detach it, bring it inside, plug it into a stereo, or use headphones w/ the portable unit...

Slice
12-15-2005, 06:05 PM

You get an account on the net with your subscription and all the stations are broadcast over the net as well. So when I get home from work I get out of my car and then turn it on in my house. You can also buy a docking station for it which will allow it to work with any stereo system.

Pure_Evil
12-15-2005, 06:20 PM
:o
You get an account on the net with your subscription and all the stations are broadcast over the net as well. So when I get home from work I get out of my car and then turn it on in my house. You can also buy a docking station for it which will allow it to work with any stereo system.:)

sometimes... Slice is almost likeable :P

BobtheCkroach
12-15-2005, 07:29 PM
You get an account on the net with your subscription and all the stations are broadcast over the net as well. So when I get home from work I get out of my car and then turn it on in my house. You can also buy a docking station for it which will allow it to work with any stereo system.

Oooh...I didn't know that...very tempting indeed.

Pure_Evil
12-15-2005, 07:56 PM
looks like about $100 for a reciever before rebates :hmmm:

FUS1ON
12-15-2005, 09:02 PM
It would be nice to listen to the LSU games and not have to decipher what is being said over the hum of AM radio. I see you can also pickup all of the NFL games, it's rare that I get to see the Vike's play living down here.

SoulReaver
12-16-2005, 08:45 PM
I think XM is more for music, but I'm not really sure. Google is your friend <3

Slice
12-16-2005, 11:15 PM
Direct TV now broadcasts XM on their music selection so I now have both. ;) Sirius is the way to go imo though.

Slice
12-16-2005, 11:17 PM
Also if you pay the whole year up front it is only $10 a month. Which is what I chose because I can't see sending in a check every month for such little money.

JIMINATOR
12-16-2005, 11:24 PM
Also if you pay the whole year up front it is only $10 a month. Which is what I chose because I can't see sending in a check every month for such little money.
geez slicey-boo-boo, i would have thought you would have chosen the 10 year option....

Slice
12-16-2005, 11:35 PM
geez slicey-boo-boo, i would have thought you would have chosen the 10 year option....

If they had one I might have. LOL

Die Hard
12-17-2005, 12:08 AM
Yep, he would have too.....