PDA

View Full Version : where to buy

OUTLAWS Jag
02-11-2003, 11:23 AM
ok here is my situation. I am ordering my new comp this week and I want to buy a new hard drive for the old one which isnt really that old we just need 2 in the house but it only has a 15 gig and I want to buy at least a 60 gig for the old one I usually go to "pricewatch.com" but was wondering if there are other sites I should also be checking. its not that I am cheap but lets face it if I can save on the same product somewhere else why not. any and all help would be great....

Diablo
02-11-2003, 12:09 PM
Tigerdirect.com...newegg.com

SALvation
02-11-2003, 02:32 PM
Check out the hot deals forum on www.fatwallet.com

Death-Dude
02-11-2003, 11:35 PM
I go to Reseller Ratings (http://www.resellerratings.com) to get some feedback on what the company is like, newegg is highly rated.
I just installed a WD 40 gig 7200 for a buddy, and I was disappointed with how warm it gets. The IBMs are warm drives, too. I like the Maxtors for that reason alone, they seem to run cooler. I'd get an 8-meg cache model, if possible.

OUTLAWS The Machine
02-11-2003, 11:52 PM
Best Buy had some awesome deals on Hard Drives this past weekend. They were rebates though.

Newegg is where I buy all my parts.

OUTLAWS DirtGod
02-12-2003, 12:44 AM
also check out the deals on dealnews.com

Death-Dude
02-12-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS The Machine@Feb 11 2003, 05:52 PM
Best Buy had some awesome deals on Hard Drives this past weekend. They were rebates though.

Newegg is where I buy all my parts.
NewEgg, and some others, are great to deal with; I've done so myself. But, if you can get the drive you want at a good price with a rebate at BB, it's an advantage to have a brick-and-mortar store to take your stuff back to if it fails. Something to consider. When you try to deal with an e-store that has poor customer service, you will sure appreciate a good one like Newegg, or Crucial. Still, if I can get the same drive at the same or close price from a local store, I go there.

OUTLAWS Jag
02-12-2003, 07:13 PM
Thanks guys for all the help!! :thumbs: