PDA

View Full Version : Ponder This

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
12-21-2005, 10:38 PM
I am curious as to who all of you think runs the world?
In case you are wondering I will use this information to finish up my Thesis for my Masters Degree. No names will be used.

FUS1ON
12-21-2005, 10:43 PM
This is a easy one to answer, it's the women, they have half the money and all of the p***y. :)

EXEcution
12-21-2005, 11:26 PM
Runs the world in what sense? Political?

But I would say that the media runs the world. They provide ignorant people with thoughts and opinions for free, as well as things they need to have in order to be accepted in society. Who else can have so much power.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
12-21-2005, 11:31 PM
Let me add to the question. As well as who WHAT?

EXEcution
12-22-2005, 01:18 AM
Let me add to the question. As well as who WHAT?
Ok so I hit the nail on the head with my input. :cool:

Caged Anger
12-22-2005, 01:40 AM
I mean this in no way to be self centered, but this is my honest opinion. Who runs the world? Due to the current economic standings as well as current militaristic statistics, the United States in running things. When it is broken down, America is one of the most important impoters in the world. We buy the most stuff and get it all from other countries.

What does this mean:
The United States wields a hefty sword because if a country should become boycotted, the countries economy would crash. For instance, if America should boycott all products made in China, the concequences for the Chinese economy would be astronomical. Business would grind to almost a stand still.

When we look at the militaristic standings in the world, America has the most advanced, tactical, and well organized fighting forces on the earth, ergo, most superior.

What does this mean:
America is one of the most powerful and therefore most influencial figure in the world. Our opinion, while hated by many (including myself), is highly valued as it can mean the difference between war and peace. The concequences of when the American standpoint is not honored has been seen in Iraq and Afghanistan (remember that? don't hear much about ti anymore). Suddam Hussein refused to comply to our presidents wishes and therefore had the military come down upon him. In Afghan. the country gave us a hard time in finding and removing high value terrorist suspects, and therefore our military also came down upon the country to get the job done.

It may not be what everyone likes, heck it isn't what most people like, but that is how i see the world as currently being and also why i think the United States is the most powerfula nd influencial figure in international politics to date.

Mad Fox
12-22-2005, 01:41 AM
Big Bussniness runs the world

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
12-22-2005, 02:05 AM
I guess I will put my 2 cents in this. It is very simple question WHAT when you think about it. The who is a different story.

The backbone of the entire world runs on one item. OIL :)

Grimmy
12-22-2005, 06:12 AM
Bill Gates, simple, look and how much of your everyday stuff involves computers with a windows base OS, plus he's like the richest man on the planet (or very close to it)

Ra\/en
12-22-2005, 06:18 AM
im gonna agree with term on money. but moreso then money.. i think power. from money, comes power.

this springs forth another question... is it more about motivation?

Slice
12-22-2005, 10:51 AM
I do. Any requests?

Die Hard
12-22-2005, 12:56 PM
China's economy would not grind to a halt if America boycotted their exports. China exports to every country in the world. And for example the European Union buys more from China than America. So....

IMO, China will be (in the next 10 years) the place that runs the world. Watch this space....

Pure_Evil
12-22-2005, 01:00 PM
I thought Salvation ran the world :D

on a totally unrelated note, I noticed that no one posted God :hmmm:

Die Hard
12-22-2005, 01:01 PM
Oh, open a can of worms why don't you :watchmovi

Pure_Evil
12-22-2005, 01:39 PM
yeah, why not. It's amazing how easy it is.

Besides, GM is slow, even with that @%*^#!! Sirc back

Sirc
12-22-2005, 03:45 PM
yeah, why not. It's amazing how easy it is.

Besides, GM is slow, even with that @%*^#!! Sirc back

If I remember correctly, the last time I made things exciting around here I pissed everyone off, got banned for a year, and (almost) everyone was happy to see me go. Now I'm back, and you want me to get myself banned again just for the entertainment value? I dun thin so. :ha:

Besides, between work and WoW, I don't have the time it takes to properly goad someone into a major flame war. ;)

You poopie head!

* sigh *

See? I got nothin. :dunno:

Pure_Evil
12-22-2005, 03:55 PM
WoW, you're addicted to that now! And you call me a Poopy head?

If you get banned again, at least the Oasis will be more interesting :tounge:

besides, there aren't even that many people here who could give ya a decent flame battle!

Phear the power that rules teh world! http://members.cox.net/pure_e/jesse_jackson.jpg

FUS1ON
12-22-2005, 05:22 PM
Early man survived fine without Oil, Gold, Money, etc ..., but he could not survive without sex and we all know who controls that. The women are the true masters of the world. ;)

If you do not believe me, ask one of them.

Pure_Evil
12-22-2005, 06:10 PM
Bah! Sho, everyone know woman can be replaced with pron and a few good sheep http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/zensiert/sheep.gif

I hope oil doesn't rule the world... if so, we're so screwed!

I don't think the world is ruled, I believe there is a constant battle for control that has been waged forever.

Rapture alert! Are you rapture ready? http://www.raptureready.com/

Nick
12-22-2005, 10:07 PM
DEBT !!

the world is ruled by debt by the few that own most of the $ from it !

Caged Anger
12-23-2005, 03:54 AM
I think that the big guy up top, (if he really is there) is keeeping his head in the clouds of late... :hmmm: