PDA

View Full Version : Cars without Peeps? Crazy...

Caged Anger
12-28-2005, 10:24 PM
saw this on wired, enjoy

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/14.01/stanley.html

EXEcution
12-28-2005, 10:26 PM
No video = no enjoy!

FUS1ON
12-28-2005, 10:58 PM
I'm not sure I see the use in this technology though /shrug

Seems like I saw an ad about a upcoming show the other day on the Discovery channel about this event, if I see it again i'll pay more attention.

Death Engineer
12-29-2005, 04:03 AM
That is really interesting stuff about AI. It will be a new world when all of our cars have security navigation built into them. And I'm not sure it will be a good new world... /ponder.

Caged Anger
12-30-2005, 03:01 PM
people will never entirely relinquish their steering wheels, so no worries ;)

BobtheCkroach
12-30-2005, 03:15 PM

If I knew the testing had been done, and the hardware was reliable, I would, in a heartbeat.

I would much rather read a book, sleep, etc instead of actually drive.

I'm anxiously awaiting the day.

FUS1ON
12-30-2005, 03:46 PM

I feel the same as you bud and you got me to thinking .... Lets dial the years back .... no, back further ... a little further .... yeah there he is, A Cowboy sitting on a horse sees this strange contraption roll by and says to friends "I'll never give up my horse and ride in one of those horseless carrages"

a few more years go by .... A group of men are standing around shooting the bull when one of them remarks "What is with these women? They want our cigarettes, they want to vote and NOW they want to drive. NEVER!" (Sorry ladies, but i'm making a point :) )

See where i'm going?

Die Hard
12-30-2005, 03:55 PM
No :P

BobtheCkroach
12-30-2005, 04:00 PM
I feel the same as you bud and you got me to thinking .... Lets dial the years back .... no, back further ... a little further .... yeah there he is, A Cowboy sitting on a horse sees this strange contraption roll by and says to friends "I'll never give up my horse and ride in one of those horseless carrages"

a few more years go by .... A group of men are standing around shooting the bull when one of them remarks "What is with these women? They want our cigarettes, they want to vote and NOW they want to drive. NEVER!" (Sorry ladies, but i'm making a point :) )

See where i'm going?

ROFL! It took me 2 minutes to figure out that "Shooting the bull" was meant to be a figure of speech.

I was like "what does shooting a bull have to do w/ women driving cars?"

:D

Thanks for a laugh, bud! :thumbs: