EXEcution
01-14-2006, 11:12 PM
Thats why servers have friendly fire turned on. :P

Grimmy
01-15-2006, 12:39 AM
hmmmm, looks staged imo

FUS1ON
01-15-2006, 01:03 AM
Players whine because good servers are password protected and wonder why they can't play. Kind of like a certain un-named clan's SS FE division. :rolleyes:

EXEcution
01-15-2006, 01:09 AM
hmmmm, looks staged imo
Hahah. Not at all, it was a public server. I'm sure the guy that kept talking on his mic was self-consciously being overly dramatic.
Also there are plenty of good CS servers, hundreds in fact, that aren't password protected.

He Is Legend
01-15-2006, 01:51 AM
Cs owns

cal-i

FUS1ON
01-15-2006, 02:26 AM
Players whine because good servers are password protected and wonder why they can't play.

Also there are plenty of good CS servers, hundreds in fact, that aren't password protected.

And that is why I did not say "Players whine because ALL OF THE good servers are password protected and wonder why they can't play."

EDITED for bad spelling

EXEcution
01-15-2006, 02:39 AM
All that is why I did not say "Players whine because ALL OF THE good servers are password protected and wonder why they can't play."
Well you implied that there were good servers which were password protected. It depends on your interpretation of a good server. Whether its ping, the skill level and/or maturity of the players. Most of the CS servers are pass protected because they are there for scrims and matches.

Players from a self-respecting clan do not do this kind of crap. It can result in a permanent ban and the CS'ers could care less about that since there are thousands of servers around. I've been banned from at least 3 servers in my short CS career for stupid reasons like killing two players and winning the match.

Overall the CS community is an immature bunch of kids who play the game because of its popularity. CS:Source is worse because its kids who have decent comps and think they are the coolest kids around. The voice chat feature of CS is pretty fun and can be useful when you have someone leading the team. But the skill gap is pretty big in CS:S so the good players stay away.

He Is Legend
01-15-2006, 02:42 AM
omgi seriously cannot stop laughing at this movie rofl

SoulReaver
01-15-2006, 02:44 AM
Well you implied that there were good servers which were password protected. It depends on your interpretation of a good server. Whether its ping, the skill level and/or maturity of the players. Most of the CS servers are pass protected because they are there for scrims and matches.

Players from a self-respecting clan do not do this kind of crap. It can result in a permanent ban and the CS'ers could care less about that since there are thousands of servers around. I've been banned from at least 3 servers in my short CS career for stupid reasons like killing two players and winning the match.

Overall the CS community is an immature bunch of kids who play the game because of its popularity. CS:Source is worse because its kids who have decent comps and think they are the coolest kids around. The voice chat feature of CS is pretty fun and can be useful when you have someone leading the team. But the skill gap is pretty big in CS:S so the good players stay away.
Yeah, many people in CS:S are annoying. Not to mention the fact that, as you mentioned, there is a huge skill gap. I remember I used to always play with this game, who had played months longer than me and I'd kill him 1 on 1 using only a USP while he got to chose whatever he wanted. And just a month ago he could kill me easily. Mostly, noobs play on CS:S. God I hate the mic feauture in CS:S, people just yelling random crap and blasting music.

Sirc
01-15-2006, 03:05 AM
Why in the world would someone stay on a server where someone was screwing around with them like that? On 3 different occassions, lol. That's nuts. Talk about being a glutton for punishment.

UT2K4 has built in voice. I think I've only ever been on a server once that actually had the option turned on. It took me less then a minute to go into my setup and turn it off forever. Good God, there's enough crap to put up with on public servers without having to listen to the idiots too. :rolleyes:

Die Hard
01-15-2006, 03:09 AM
Sirc, you're in grave danger of being serious :P

Sirc
01-15-2006, 03:21 AM
Sirc, you're in grave danger of being serious :P

I know. I'm sorry. I don't know what the matter is with me. :bawling: :P :D

j5tar
01-16-2006, 01:32 AM
he coulda gone out the other side of vents