PDA

View Full Version : Annoying defaults...

strimmer62
01-20-2006, 01:41 AM
I am sorry for being this unprofessional, why, I'm an engineer with degrees. Yesterday my son spent all night struggling to get a top-notch settings for the X-Plane, but couldn't do it. Then I took a look and was capped about how awkward the settings were! Is this a joke, or they really do charge in tons of dollars for this kind of discard?! Terrible multilevel menus, a total mess of weird terms, what is this? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sirc
01-20-2006, 02:20 AM
I'm not familiar with "X-Plane", but I assume it is a PC game. The first thing I suggest is to take a deep breath. Then post your computer specs (cpu, graphics card, motherboard, memory, etc).

Most games have dedicated forums that usually have trouble-shooting and setup advice. Have you tried searching the internet for support sites for the game?

It may not make you feel any better, but most of us go through this with some game at some point. Have patience. :)

SALvation
01-20-2006, 02:30 AM
Start at the beginning. What game are you talking about?

strimmer62
01-23-2006, 02:48 AM
Yes, it is a PC game. And yes, its default settings are ugly. And yes once more, the configuration screen is a mess. Nothing to do with any specific PC, everything to do with overall poor design. Really stinks, if you ask me...

Sirc: patience is a good thing, but just why keep on suffering? :confused:

JIMINATOR
01-23-2006, 04:34 AM
Ah, the x-plane game. many frustratings that generated for me, attempts to find the top notch settings failures resulted and many unhappiness. Dick shorter it made. Gave up I finally. hideously ugly it is, unplayable except with a joystick modem interface makes it somewhat sense making. sufferings is much about life, but to turn off sufferings is to dead be. so in peace go....

Goober
01-23-2006, 12:24 PM
Lay off the crack Jim.......you're starting to revert again.

Try going here with your questions
X-plane Forums (http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=X-Plane/forum.htm)