PDA

View Full Version : Passing Out

Death Engineer
01-21-2006, 05:44 AM
So how many of you other guys have passed out while your wife was in labor? I went cold when my wife was having a C-section and she had what they call a hot spot. This basically means one area of her abdomen didn't go numb and she could feel everything in that one area (makes me cringe even to type it out). The nurses helped me down to the OR floor from the little backless seat on wheels. Next thing I know there are smelling salts shoved practically up my nostrols and I am rolled out in a wheelchair with my son.

Why do I ask this question now? She is scheduled to deliver our daughter on Monday morning at 8AM. I'm hoping not to need medical attention this time around. Last time I didn't have anything to eat and had been up most of the night. My sugar was low and seeing my wife in that kind of pain was just too much. I plan on taking care of the food this time around, but are there any other suggestions? Let's hear your stories.

Sirc
01-21-2006, 06:35 AM
Is she having another c-section? I'm not sure I could handle that either. My wife mananged to give birth naturally both times. And after watching that happen I'm pretty sure I could drive a stake through her heart and she wouldn't die.

But anyway, the first time was a breeze, because all of her water was behind the baby and the doctor got it gushed on him when she delivered. LMAO! That was pretty damn funny. The second time she leaked for 6 hours and I was constantly changing the "chucks", or whatever they are called, and the smell was making me really woozy. But the time she finally gave birth I was a mess. Thankfully, when the doctor started to asked me if I wanted to cut the cord, he looked into my eyes and stopped in mid sentence and said nevermind, lol.

This isn't helping you at all is it? Well just think about this. No matter how you feel, it's 1000x worse for her. Suck up up pal. This only happens a few times in your life. And in her life. And she's the one that's had to deal with all of the shiat that has lead up to this point. Take deep, slow breaths, try to relax, and try to endure the few hours that your wife is in the most pain.

Honestly, this isn't meant to be mean at all. And I've been there and done that twice. The thing that got me through was forcing myself to concentrate on what my wife was going through, and what she has been going through, and realizing how easy I actually have it through it all. At one point I felt like I was about to pass out during my second child's birth, and then I felt my wife squeeze my hand as she pushed, and suddenly I realized what was what, and what really mattered. After that I was fine, and I was there, awake, and aware, and I saw my second son being born.

Don't allow yourself to focus on yourself. Focus on your wife, focus on being her rock, focus on anything and everything but you. None of it is about you. It's all about her, and your child.

Or at least tell them right off to give you a damn chair to sit in beside her. And bring your own smelling salts. You'll know when you need them and have time to use them. :P

OUTLAWS high ping camper
01-21-2006, 06:35 AM
If only you'd posted this earlier.....I could have asked my little brother, he's going on kid #5!
Fertile brat. :)

Sirc
01-21-2006, 06:40 AM
If only you'd posted this earlier.....I could have asked my little brother, he's going on kid #5!
Fertile brat. :)

The term "masochist" seems more appropriate. :P

KAT
01-21-2006, 08:18 AM
I asked what the rump roast on my wife's stomach was....

LMAO...

solid snake295
01-21-2006, 09:58 AM
:hmmm:

http://holograph.studio.free.fr/upload/image/red%20bull.jpg

i dont know about you guys but im addicted to these things :P
even if you do pass out you will probably still be standing .