PDA

View Full Version : Legends Never Die

Asian Invasian
02-07-2006, 03:19 PM
A serious sam movie
details later im in a hurry, but watch it its well worth the wait trust me :)

http://download.filefront.com/4727979;4c14595d637575ccee4780c1fd33d98eafd13f1471 af60bda0752d66cf6038807edc911fdfd5c82b

new fast host :)
http://www.villainsclan.co.uk/Asian/..._Never_Die.rar

DiTomasso
02-07-2006, 06:51 PM
tried to download it, is not working. Will try later again, sloooow server :(

Fifth
02-07-2006, 07:04 PM
Your new movie :D. Great :P. Downloadin' now :D.

Fifth
02-07-2006, 07:30 PM
hmm 3 hours download:D i will pass;)
Yea but i belive movie is really leet so I am dliding :D.

M a T R o X
02-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Okey, I'm downloading :D
So you made it Asian? =)
Which players is it?
You I guess, anymore players?
How long is it, and which program do you use?
I'm using Vegas 6.0 ^^
And will Adobe After Effects, but Adobe such so damn complicated :P

Cyborg
02-07-2006, 08:36 PM
great movie man:thumbs: the sonds rock also:thumbs: was fun watching it, and amazing sniping:)

M a T R o X
02-07-2006, 08:41 PM
sounds.. sound effects? :)

M a T R o X
02-07-2006, 08:44 PM
www.moviemakers.nu

That site rock.. but its Swedish, sorry. but it's prooooooooooooooooos as make really mega great movies.. as real "MOVIES" effects, SFX's, quality....
They so rock! They're making Counter-Strike movies most I think.

Fifth
02-07-2006, 09:13 PM
LoL dude. It's topic bout AI's movie not others ;).Just dl it :D.

M a T R o X
02-07-2006, 09:18 PM
LoL dude. It's topic bout AI's movie not others ;).Just dl it :D.
LOL? key.. srry.

Well, I just gave all some tips. But it is Swedish..
It is just interesting maybe, problem is only the Swedish Language :P

EXEcution
02-07-2006, 09:27 PM
LOL? key.. srry.

Well, I just gave all some tips. But it is Swedish..
It is just interesting maybe, problem is only the Swedish Language :P
No its actually in English as well. And their movies are too similar to be enjoyable.

Anyway. I'm glad you fixed the editing "glitches" that I mentioned. The quality is pretty bad tho, I though you actually compressed it well, but this turns out to be one of the worst I've ever seen. Guess you REALLY didn't understand those tutorials I linked you too. Anyway good content, credits are still pretty unorignal. :D

JIMINATOR
02-07-2006, 09:38 PM
yay! it sucks! you should have stuck to what others do: just add lots of fades and transitions and special effects to the movie. make sure you use every available filter and type of transition. then the content doesn't matter. after all, nobody wants to see actual content, but to see how clever you are as a movie maker, and what your movie editor can do. as an additional bonus, you can then become a critic and rip other people to shreds. :wootrock:

EXEcution
02-07-2006, 09:51 PM
The line between those who understand movie making and those that do not has just gotten wider.

Asian Invasian
02-07-2006, 10:34 PM
exe ur bad

Fifth
02-07-2006, 10:39 PM
Just Great Movie Sean :thumbs: . Good job and a lot of mega nice frags :) :cool: .

Wiper
02-07-2006, 10:40 PM
ROFL...

The line between "autism&feeling superior" and exe has just become very thin...

But I'm sure that enough replies will be spend to get the line erased

EXEcution
02-07-2006, 10:46 PM
Durrrr I done gone learn English durrrrrrrrrr

Wiper
02-07-2006, 10:47 PM
Durrrr I done gone learn English durrrrrrrrrr

Aber das ist Wahnsin!!!

JIMINATOR
02-07-2006, 10:50 PM
The line between those who understand movie making and those that do not has just gotten wider.
sorry, maybe i do not understand anything about movie making, but i know what i like. Watching a whole bunch of fades and transitions is like a typical hollywood movie where they stuff in the special effects because every else sucks about the movie. So all of your pontificating and criticism is like a joke. So enjoy, but Quentin Tarantino you ain't.

EXEcution
02-07-2006, 11:11 PM
sorry, maybe i do not understand anything about movie making, but i know what i like. Watching a whole bunch of fades and transitions is like a typical hollywood movie where they stuff in the special effects because every else sucks about the movie. So enjoy, but Quentin Tarantino you ain't.
By quality of the vid I didn't mean his editing and effects, I meant his video compression. 20MB/min is a good ratio for a movie his is over that and the screen is filled with artifacts.

Just because something isn't done professionally doesn't mean it still can't be taken seriously. Plus you aren't watching a Holywood movie, a ridiculous comparison when you consider the amount of time put into an actual film and the 5-10 hours it takes to edit a game movie.

I can't really explain how you should watch a game movie, but there are things to look for in one. Maybe when you have some experience its easier to understand but remember that you have no plot, no characters, no camera work (this applies only to ssam), no written words! (except credits, names and titles).

All you have left are the frags, editing, and sound/music. Combine those 3 elements in some way so that they all somehow seem to work together and you've got a good movie. Effects/Filters can be used sparingly but they serve to accentuate the feel of the moment. Timescale manipulation is cooler than effects IMO.

Wiper
02-07-2006, 11:16 PM
oew...

do I see a tiny apology here:eek: :o

JIMINATOR
02-07-2006, 11:41 PM
Of course there is a plot. You have made a movie, what story are you trying to tell? There has to be some sort of context between the player and the opponents. That is why a lot of what is out there is pure garbage. I mean what does it matter if you show the tail end of a bunch of frags. For all I know, they are all meaningless respawn kills. How about some battle sessions of you vs MR. SD or invisi-ho, or running from the blue man and then smacking him down once he changes? That would be interesting to see, it means something and provides a context. Pathos put out a great video. Others have sadly been lacking in one regard or another.

Dextor
02-08-2006, 12:52 AM
cool can't wait to see it:thumbs:

EXEcution
02-08-2006, 01:49 AM
There has to be some sort of context between the player and the opponents. That is why a lot of what is out there is pure garbage.
Like creative subtitles ala Patho's Rocket Whore?
Unfortunately not all of us are that witty and/or creative. Especially me. I can write a story, but I can only write pure works of serious fiction. I can recognize humor but I have a much harder time using my own sense of humor, putting it into words is even harder.

While there have been several videos that follow a story line (machinima) these take a LONG time to make. And some peple give up before they start. So people tend to stick with the generic formula of a frag movie because its something they can expand on and they don't have to open up new doors for.

A visual (using images instead of words) link is harder to establish between players and opponents. Jim I recommend that you watch this: http://www.own-age.com/vids/mirrors.aspx?id=5369&dlmirror=6861 It might be more your taste, not a frag movie in a sense, but it does contain some frags.

Most frag movies show frags in "different" ways so it will be entertaining to the viewer. Quake 3 and CS movie makers use recams to give the viewers a new perspective of things and are merely a show of skill. Since ssam is considered a noob game in which its easy to get frags, it does not provide the ideal material for movie making.

Free Styler
02-08-2006, 02:03 AM
good movie .

Quality could of been better but nevertheless good movie:)

And exe you dont have to always see bad sides of things.

Sometimesg saying gj is just a way of being kind instead of beig overly analistic.
This is not a competition nor a contest to see who made the best quake 3 movie.

It's a guy making a movie about a game he likes to play.

And please stop saying sam is a noob game.Every game is a ass noob game
if you know how to play it efficiently.

EXEcution
02-08-2006, 02:16 AM
good movie .

Quality could of been better but nevertheless good movie:)

And exe you dont have to always see bad sides of things.

Sometimesg saying gj is just a way of being kind instead of beig overly analistic.
This is not a competition nor a contest to see who made the best quake 3 movie.

It's a guy making a movie about a game he likes to play.

And please stop saying sam is a noob game.Every game is a ass noob game
if you know how to play it efficiently.

I told AI he did a good job on editing and he took my advice. As for the rest of what you wrote I really don't feel like responding to it because you pretty much missed what I was saying.

Free Styler
02-08-2006, 02:36 AM
ok

anyways i dont want to get in any argument with you hehe.

But sincerly one thing i will add is this.

Put any (Packet of hours in any game being quake 3 or 4 or any other game)

you will get better at it....For some not that much more then at the beginning but for others a lot better.
It's just that even if i dont play sam anymore i know for a fact that making
ledge jumps with accurate sniper shots is has difficult or more as landing a hs
in ut2004 or making a rocket mid air in quake 3.So all and all it just pains me to see you saying that about sam.I'm not promoting sam in anyway form or matter just saying try and have a opened mind to the fact that you put endless hours of practice in it and please dont tell me you did not cause i know you did.Now put those hours in your precious quake 3 game 2 years ago instead of sam and you would own quite a bit more at quake 3 but would be prolly average in sam apart from 1 on 1 tactics:)
that i will admit is a good point missing in sam and i could of never perfected my 1 on 1 skills without playing ut2004.BUT for the rest it's basicly aim movement
and fragoratti ownage has every game is.

krazy
02-08-2006, 03:48 AM
I just finished watching and I honestly enjoyed it ( and even learned a couple new tricks).:thumbs: Im no expert but seems to be quite a bit of time involved and I thought it came out very good. Good Job AI:thumbs:

Seriously Deadly
02-08-2006, 04:41 AM
wheres the link!

M a T R o X
02-08-2006, 06:25 AM
Hey da movie was pretty nice man!
It's one thing I have to ask..
Da flashy, I know you're kinda switching with brightness but yeah.. I must ask you things about it dude =)
Hey btw mate, you should be downloading "6.0" ;)
It was a little bit to much LightRays on the green Asian text in the right corner I think :P

Seriously Deadly
02-08-2006, 11:47 PM
I Don't See Da Link!!!

Seriously Deadly
02-08-2006, 11:47 PM
Why Wont It Write In Caps!

Die Hard
02-08-2006, 11:55 PM
Anyone that takes the time and effort to make a movie deserves applause. Having said that, a linky is probably a good starting point. :o

Seriously Deadly
02-09-2006, 12:07 AM
does that mean u dont see it either?

EXEcution
02-09-2006, 12:43 AM
He's probably trying to find another server. Patience people.

Seriously Deadly
02-09-2006, 01:35 AM
ok :)

Asian Invasian
02-09-2006, 03:45 AM
ok :)

http://download.filefront.com/4727979;4c14595d637575ccee4780c1fd33d98eafd13f1471 af60bda0752d66cf6038807edc911fdfd5c82b
screw it i cant redo the quality because i am bad at that
servers are slow, but i hope you guys enjoy it anyway

Seriously Deadly
02-09-2006, 06:50 AM
wow that was awsome! i was in it :P

SHOTGUNmaniac
02-09-2006, 10:28 AM
! C:\Documents and Settings\Darren Hackett\Desktop\Legends_Never_Die.rar: CRC failed in Legends Never Die\Legends_Never_Die.wmv. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Darren Hackett\Desktop\Legends_Never_Die.rar: Unexpected end of archive

is all i got after downloading

DiTomasso
02-09-2006, 12:21 PM
Thats what i got first, second time i used IE and not my standard download program. Even got i nice 81 kb from that server (nr 14) this morning.

Is funny movie, little bit darkish, but worth watching :D
Nice Job Ai, liked the second part with the freestyler song. :thumbs:

M a T R o X
02-09-2006, 07:06 PM
! C:\Documents and Settings\Darren Hackett\Desktop\Legends_Never_Die.rar: CRC failed in Legends Never Die\Legends_Never_Die.wmv. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Darren Hackett\Desktop\Legends_Never_Die.rar: Unexpected end of archive

is all i got after downloading
MAN shotgunManiac!!

I got the same problem as you often when I download files, its so weird mate! :S

EXEcution
02-09-2006, 07:46 PM
MAN shotgunManiac!!

I got the same problem as you often when I download files, its so weird mate! :S
Means that the file didn't completely download. Try again.

SHOTGUNmaniac
02-10-2006, 12:16 AM
Got the movie m8, I like it..... lots of impressive sniper shots.........

Im uploading as i type..... get ya butt in msn m8

SHOTGUNmaniac
02-10-2006, 12:42 PM
Links ready for.... Ill notpost it until you pm me.....

M a T R o X
02-10-2006, 08:55 PM
=).

T I K
02-12-2006, 11:29 PM
Though somewhat limited in content, that was still a very good Sam mov you made AS! :thumbs: :thumbs: Fantastic shots and great bg musica :D

Die Hard
02-13-2006, 08:38 PM
Just seen it and thought it was brilliant. Loved the picture in picture shots. The sniping was amazing and the music great too.

Well done Sean, another one soon please :thumbs:

Asian Invasian
02-14-2006, 03:02 AM
Just seen it and thought it was brilliant. Loved the picture in picture shots. The sniping was amazing and the music great too.

Well done Sean, another one soon please :thumbs:
Thanks man, i did put alot of work into this one, i doubt there will be another one though, i hope everyone else enjoys it though :)

JIMINATOR
02-22-2006, 12:40 AM
come on huggy, don't you like playing find the sniper? :)

M a T R o X
02-22-2006, 09:48 AM
Got the movie m8, I like it..... lots of impressive sniper shots.........

Im uploading as i type..... get ya butt in msn m8
(Heh SM, when I said man I don't mean like: man! you're stupid!
I mean like hey MAN! I got exactly same problem! :)

Die Hard
02-22-2006, 11:36 AM
come on huggy, don't you like playing find the sniper? :)Who doesn't ;)

T I K
02-22-2006, 01:34 PM
Who doesn't ;)

:rofl:

Strider
02-22-2006, 06:51 PM
impressive kills man. video turned out really nice. I like :D

M a T R o X
02-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Who doesn't ;)
Sniper Pwnz0r :thumbs:

Wiper
02-22-2006, 10:26 PM
Awesome killing can't deny that :thumbs:

Allthough sniping is much harder without a flare/lightbulb...

Vid looked good after all :D

UncleSam
03-03-2006, 11:55 PM
BTW AS - Very nice movie

GOTHIKO
06-09-2006, 12:43 PM
berely started downloading. yAY :P