PDA

View Full Version : Americas Army

T3LB01
02-14-2006, 07:49 PM
This is a free FPS, to recruit people, who play the game simply, it's basically a Virtual battlefield where those interested in th army, can basically have fun...dying...virtually :rolleyes: lol

But yeah, i've played it for a while, and i think it's great, but what's your thoughts?

www.americasarmy.com/

:D

solid snake295
02-14-2006, 10:16 PM
i used to play it, its been at least a year since ive played now.
its a good game but it got boring. all the "big" updates were kind of dissapointing because all that was added was a few new maps or some different training (woohoo).
if my connection wasnt so crappy i would probably still play it every now and then.

FUS1ON
02-14-2006, 10:52 PM
I've heard of this game, but never really looked into it until you posted a link to that site and I was surprised at how good it looks. With over 6 million uses it's getting some play.

I saw the link to download the full version, but i'm having a hard time believing it's free, there has to be some catch. Whazzzup? :hmmm:

Sirc
02-15-2006, 12:10 AM
I saw the link to download the full version, but i'm having a hard time believing it's free, there has to be some catch. Whazzzup? :hmmm:

The game is filled with subliminal messages urging you to join the military. At the same time you're getting military training. THEY are watching - play too well and one day you'll hear a knock on the door and look outside to see 3 black Suburbans parked in front of your house. In that case plan to be out of the country for a while. :D :P

solid snake295
02-15-2006, 12:19 AM
I've heard of this game, but never really looked into it until you posted a link to that site and I was surprised at how good it looks. With over 6 million uses it's getting some play.

its completly free and theres no subliminal messages... at least thats what they told me to say :P

FUS1ON
02-15-2006, 12:51 AM
Y'all so crazy :D

It's just hard to believe that the game is completely free, that website is really nice to not have funding and I don't see any banner ads there. It's hard for me to get my head around someone giving that to the world for free when most peeps would be charging good money for it.

FUS1ON
02-15-2006, 01:09 AM
Ah ha! Private Eye Term is on da job. :thumbs:

Sirc
02-15-2006, 06:23 AM
So actually it is not free, because it was developed using tax-payer money. And I was only half kidding. I read somewhere that they do in fact keep stats and watch for the best players, and if those players meet the age requirements then they do get contacted, although no one actually goes to their house, lol. They what until you leave to go out. :eek:

I've never played it, but I bet you have to fill in your address and name and stuff to download it. The US government didn't develop the game to simply provide free entertainment for the military-age kids.

ME BIGGD01
02-15-2006, 07:23 AM
Sirc, you bring up some good points even if you are joking. If you look at all the games today, they kind of teach a person what to do in a similar situation. BF2 etc. Also I always look at the enemies the games are pushing you against. I always think there is a reason for that.

T3LB01
02-15-2006, 10:59 AM
Nope it's completely free, i've been playing it for a year now, and still enjoy headshoting people..:P but seriously, now it's leveling out and the updates are much better, got rid of most ofthe bugs..:D

ForrestFunk
02-15-2006, 01:19 PM
im registered since the game is out and i play once in a while. you dont have to register with your address! this game is as realistic as a FPS could get IMO. sometimes its frustrating how realistic it is, but if you play with some people you know it can be great fun cause its all about teamwork. i think thats what the army wants to get to the people...cheatprotection is although good(punkbuster)

i dont care about all this us army stuff...maybe because im from germany :D, so for me its only a good free game which gets better and better (they licencensed the unreal engine 3, so you know how much money they have ;-) )

T3LB01
02-15-2006, 04:52 PM
Yeah i enjoy this game, i'm in a clan with great people, and it's fun just playing with like 7 of you in the same clan on the same server, pwning, also we got teamspeak, so its a + beccause we have some great laughs!!!

FUS1ON
03-22-2010, 10:09 PM
This is still a funny thread :D

Some friends of mine were looking for a free war FPS, AA is now AA3. it's far from looking great but you can't beat FREE.
http://www.americasarmy.com/aa3.php

EDIT: I take that back, it don't look too bad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM9_0EetArc

PJ'l_Master
03-23-2010, 01:23 AM
I played it around release, and the gameplay was pretty solid, but there were ALOT, and i mean ALOOOOOOOOOOT of bugs and problems with it at the time.

FUS1ON
03-23-2010, 08:25 PM
I saw some video on Youtube yesterday that was saying something about a unplayable version in it's title.