PDA

View Full Version : GM COUNCIL VOTE AND PUNISHMENT

::: DARK PSI :::
02-12-2003, 03:29 PM
The council has finished voting on the fates of Strider and TUW. In case you missed it, both of them lost their tempers and let it flow to the Off Topic forums. Both were warned MANY times through PMs and posts. Here are some of their threads so you can look for yourself:

(FIND THE LOCKED THREADS LISTED IN OFF TOPIC) - THREADS WOULD NOT DISPLAY BECAUSE THEY ARE CLOSED

There were more in their own clan forums, but their mods deleted them.

Obviously our punishments are not strong enough because kids like these are ignoring our warnings and continue to do nothing but hurt the GameMecca forums. The council talked about this problem last night and today, and they have unanimously voted for the following punishment:

Strider - You are now a repeat offender. You were punished last week for similar offenses but obviously that didn't get through to you. Hopefully this will. 2 weeks banning, followed by 2 weeks DWF restricted access only.

TheUltimateWarrior - We warned you no less that a dozen times about controlling your anger. Hopefully your time away will convince you to settle down. 1 week banning, permanent loss of GM Council Status, also loss of Saints MOD status.

Let me repeat that the council was 100% in favor of this punishment. Not 1 clan voted against it. And as admins, we are sick and tired of spending our money to host a place where kids take out their anger on each other by flaming. Punishments will get stronger. Order will be maintained. If you don't like someone, block their PMs and add them to your ignore list.

Also, in case your curious, I think these punishments were lenient. If this took place in any other forum like Anandtech, Gamespy, HardOCP, or any other mainstream forum, you both would be gone for good and not missed. Consider yourselves lucky.

02-12-2003, 03:29 PM
The council has finished voting on the fates of Strider and TUW. In case you missed it, both of them lost their tempers and let it flow to the Off Topic forums. Both were warned MANY times through PMs and posts. Here are some of their threads so you can look for yourself:

(FIND THE LOCKED THREADS LISTED IN OFF TOPIC) - THREADS WOULD NOT DISPLAY BECAUSE THEY ARE CLOSED

There were more in their own clan forums, but their mods deleted them.

Obviously our punishments are not strong enough because kids like these are ignoring our warnings and continue to do nothing but hurt the GameMecca forums. The council talked about this problem last night and today, and they have unanimously voted for the following punishment:

Strider - You are now a repeat offender. You were punished last week for similar offenses but obviously that didn't get through to you. Hopefully this will. 2 weeks banning, followed by 2 weeks DWF restricted access only.

TheUltimateWarrior - We warned you no less that a dozen times about controlling your anger. Hopefully your time away will convince you to settle down. 1 week banning, permanent loss of GM Council Status, also loss of Saints MOD status.

Let me repeat that the council was 100% in favor of this punishment. Not 1 clan voted against it. And as admins, we are sick and tired of spending our money to host a place where kids take out their anger on each other by flaming. Punishments will get stronger. Order will be maintained. If you don't like someone, block their PMs and add them to your ignore list.

Also, in case your curious, I think these punishments were lenient. If this took place in any other forum like Anandtech, Gamespy, HardOCP, or any other mainstream forum, you both would be gone for good and not missed. Consider yourselves lucky.

Nobody
02-12-2003, 03:33 PM
Sorry DL but those links go to the main page :unsure:

Nobody
02-12-2003, 03:33 PM
Sorry DL but those links go to the main page :unsure:

Mr Clean
02-12-2003, 03:34 PM
Is it me or are those links not working properly?

Mr Clean
Is it me or are those links not working properly?

Pure_Evil
Is it me. or do none of those links work? I have a iMac and sometimes it does strange thing. :hmmm:

Pure_Evil
Is it me. or do none of those links work? I have a iMac and sometimes it does strange thing. :hmmm:

ME BIGGD01
02-12-2003, 03:40 PM
:P couldnt you guys get the audio of peoples court while reading this thread goin. de de den de dede de dedede. :P

ME BIGGD01
02-12-2003, 03:40 PM
:P couldnt you guys get the audio of peoples court while reading this thread goin. de de den de dede de dedede. :P

SALvation
02-12-2003, 03:52 PM
For the links, just look for the three locked threads in OT and the one in DWF.

SALvation
02-12-2003, 03:52 PM
For the links, just look for the three locked threads in OT and the one in DWF.

Saretta
02-12-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by :: DARK LEVIATHAN ::@Feb 12 2003, 04:29 PM

TheUltimateWarrior - also loss of Saints MOD status.

What about his mod status in Off Topic and Tournaments?

Saretta
02-12-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by :: DARK LEVIATHAN ::@Feb 12 2003, 04:29 PM

TheUltimateWarrior - also loss of Saints MOD status.

What about his mod status in Off Topic and Tournaments?

SALvation
02-12-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by BainSidhe+Feb 12 2003, 11:00 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BainSidhe @ Feb 12 2003, 11:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--:: DARK LEVIATHAN ::@Feb 12 2003, 04:29 PM

TheUltimateWarrior -&nbsp; also loss of Saints MOD status.

What about his mod status in Off Topic and Tournaments? [/b][/quote]
Thanks for the reminder. He has lost those too.

SALvation
Originally posted by BainSidhe+Feb 12 2003, 11:00 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BainSidhe @ Feb 12 2003, 11:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--:: DARK LEVIATHAN ::@Feb 12 2003, 04:29 PM

Thanks for the reminder. He has lost those too.

Originally posted by BainSidhe+Feb 12 2003, 12:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BainSidhe @ Feb 12 2003, 12:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--:: DARK LEVIATHAN ::@Feb 12 2003, 04:29 PM

Good call, we will handle that too. BTW sorry about the links.. they copied wrong. Just do as Salvation said.. look for the locked threads in Off Topic. :)

Originally posted by BainSidhe+Feb 12 2003, 12:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BainSidhe @ Feb 12 2003, 12:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--:: DARK LEVIATHAN ::@Feb 12 2003, 04:29 PM

Good call, we will handle that too. BTW sorry about the links.. they copied wrong. Just do as Salvation said.. look for the locked threads in Off Topic. :)

C2H5OH Guy
02-12-2003, 04:22 PM
fair done :thumbs:

C2H5OH Guy
02-12-2003, 04:22 PM
fair done :thumbs:

Phoenix
02-12-2003, 04:32 PM
Ouch&#33; Thats gotta hurt :(

Phoenix
02-12-2003, 04:32 PM
Ouch&#33; Thats gotta hurt :(

Mr Clean
02-12-2003, 04:34 PM
Ouch&#33; Thats gotta hurt

Like jumping off a school building..... :oooo:

Mr Clean
02-12-2003, 04:34 PM
Ouch&#33; Thats gotta hurt

Like jumping off a school building..... :oooo:

OUTLAWS The Machine
02-12-2003, 08:31 PM
There were a couple more threads that were moved.

Diablo
02-12-2003, 09:15 PM
Strider doesnt deserve this in my opinion but you guys had to do your dooty so i respect that but to me he did nothing wrong..but oh well i hope i see him in 2-weeks :wootrock:

pepper
02-13-2003, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Diablo@Feb 12 2003, 09:15 PM
Strider doesnt deserve this in my opinion but you guys had to do your dooty so i respect that but to me he did nothing wrong..but oh well i hope i see him in 2-weeks :wootrock:
I just read most of the threads that were locked and I agree with your decision on banning both because of the fact children can be reading these threads. I have a child that is nine and she gets on the forums and reads the responses and plays in the games some and I hope that everybody realizes that kids are in here with us. I would hate too be in yout shoes and make these decisions because this is supposed to be a place where people come to enjoy themselves and have fun.

I do agree with Diablo though in my opion Strider doesn&#39;t desrve this but you can not just punsih one with punishing the others involved.

Dick Steel
02-13-2003, 04:19 PM
LMAO